Home

Escape from Monkey Island for Mac OS X

whaleyland

Many years ago, Aspyr released Escape from Monkey Island for Mac OS 9.2.2. Mac OS X Panther then came out within months, pretty much ruining any ability to subsequently play MI4. It has been many years now and Aspyr made it clear in 2005 that they have no intentions to release MI4 for OS X.

Since the Residual program is taking so long to work, is anyone here interested in porting MI4 for OS X? I know absolutely nothing about programming so could really be of no assistance, but this seems to be the most active Monkey Island modding community out there (and it sadly isn't that active). Any thoughts?

Many years ago, Aspyr released Escape from Monkey Island for Mac OS 9.2.2. Mac OS X Panther then came out within months, pretty much ruining any ability to subsequently play MI4. It has been many years now and Aspyr made it clear in 2005 that they have no intentions to release MI4 for OS X.

Since the Residual program is taking so long to work, is anyone here interested in porting MI4 for OS X? I know absolutely nothing about programming so could really be of no assistance, but this seems to be the most active Monkey Island modding community out there (and it sadly isn't that active). Any thoughts?

I highly doubt anyone would want to just port MI4 to OS X. While Residual may take a while, I don't think anyone will beat them to it. In the meantime, you can use SheepShaver to play the game and/or buy the Windows or PlayStation 2 versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I got an invite to try out a VMWare Fusion beta test like a day after posting this, borrowed my friend's PC copy of EFMI, and just beat it last night (with some help from a walkthrough. I never was great at figuring out Guybrush's crazy item combinations). I guess I don't need a Mac version anymore. I still hope that Residual gets done with Grim Fandango soon, though, because I also want to play/beat that.

Archived