Home

masks to full helmets?

n00b Saibot

Can the stock game masks (Force Shield, Arkanian Blinders, Sith Mask, Stabilizer Mask, etc...) be modeled to cover the entire head? Like a FULL helmet? I have a Darth Vader's Helmet mod and a Boba Fett helmet mod, so I guess it's probably simple enough...has this already been done? If so, link please?

Can the stock game masks (Force Shield, Arkanian Blinders, Sith Mask, Stabilizer Mask, etc...) be modeled to cover the entire head? Like a FULL helmet? I have a Darth Vader's Helmet mod and a Boba Fett helmet mod, so I guess it's probably simple enough...has this already been done? If so, link please?

Yes it is possible, and I'd take on this request if my very expensive modeling program worked right now.

Always fun when you pay hundreds of dollars for things that don't work...;)

I have always wanted full head masks because every Star Wars helmet/mask I've ever seen covered the entire head. I've always hated wearing a Sith Mask and having my PC's lush locks sticking out the back of the evil Sith mask! Not very intimidating...lol

LOL i hate when modeling programs crash and what not =/ so I feel your pain trigger. But yeah, it's pretty simple all you have to do is take a characters head and import it into ur 3D Program, for example, g max. Then you import the mask and edit the model or add like a hemi-sphere to the model and shape it to fit the head of the character. Then delete out the head. Then UVW Map and texture it then you can go ahead and export your model and your all set. Even though it is relatively simple, if you are a beginner in any 3d software, you'll probably mess up a couple of times before you actually make cool. Here's a tutorial to help you get started:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199294

-Pete

Always fun when you pay hundreds of dollars for things that don't work...;)

I did necessarily say anything about paying, but yeah, it is very fun.

And ROTNR is right, importing your face-mask, then adding a half sphere (acheived by making a sphere object then deleting half of it) can give it the full mask look. Although, the other masks won't be so easy (ie the Lobotesque headbands, etc)

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Yeah, I guess I'll try to get hold of G max or a similar program and try this out. You guys make it sound easy...

I'll try to find some time in the next day or two and see if I can't come up with something decent. If I'm able to make decent helmets I'll post screens and upload a link.

I've been telling myself I was going to attempt some minor modding for a few years now so this sounds like a decent one to start with.

Archived