Home

Captain America Actor Revealed

True_Avery

Doh! You know, totally forgot to add that to the "good" list.. >.<

Agreed. Spider-Man fan that I am, Iron Man pretty much raised the bar as far as hero movies should go.

While I DO like the Dark Knight, he's (Batman) never been a fav of mine. Great movie, just not one of my preferred heroes. Beats the hell out of Superman though.. heheh :lol:

so Jeff you want to ban him, or should I? :xp:

Yeah I would say Iron Man has been the best Marvel superhero movie. I love the first two Spider-Man movies, he and Batman are my favorite superheroes, but the third Spidey was garbage and I would say Iron Man was better than all of them.

And lol, it's funny how bad some of these superhero movies are that I didn't realize when they came out. I was pretty young when ones like Daredevil came out and back then I liked it a lot but yeah it is definitely not up there anymore.

And lol, it's funny how bad some of these superhero movies are that I didn't realize when they came out. I was pretty young when ones like Daredevil came out and back then I liked it a lot but yeah it is definitely not up there anymore.
I have Daredevil on DVD Jeff if you want it, it came free with my old DVD player. If not I'll stick it the mail to ChAiNz. ;)

Yea, I pretty much agree with the sentiment that he's the wrong choice, but then, before I saw it, I couldn't picture Heath Ledger as The Joker. Hopefully, he will surprise all of us.

To me, though, someone like John Wesley Shipp back when he was The Flash would have been better.

Remember the uproar when Toby McGuire was cast as Spidey? Everybody totally could not picture the slightly narcoleptic dude of such fame as The Cider House Rules being a high octane web swinger, but he was exactly what the part needed. Heath Ledger as the Joker? What?! Nobody will ever top Jack Nicholson's performance! Nobody! Don't be so quick to pooh pooh this choice. Evan's has decent potential and in the right hands with the right script, he could totally own this. Or it could totally suck monkey balls. But with the track record of the latest Superhero movies (lets agree on a "decent" average with more than a few standouts), This could be something good and unexpected.

Remember the uproar when Toby McGuire was cast as Spidey? Everybody totally could not picture the slightly narcoleptic dude of such fame as The Cider House Rules being a high octane web swinger, but he was exactly what the part needed.

And he was, until the director decided to be an idiot.

Heath Ledger as the Joker? What?! Nobody will ever top Jack Nicholson's performance! Nobody!

But he didn't. Heath and Nicholson played two entirely different conceptualizations of the Joker. Ledger did not play the laughing maniac, and and Nicholson did not play a psychopathic nihilist.

But he didn't. Heath and Nicholson played two entirely different conceptualizations of the Joker. Ledger did not play the laughing maniac, and and Nicholson did not play a psychopathic nihilist.

But there was still much bemoaning that Ledger just couldn't pull it off. Even though they were different interpretations of the same character, Ledger's is already going down in history as one of cinema's most brilliant performances. My point isn't that he and Nicholson should be compared, but rather just reminding people that unlikely choices in superhero movies as of late has payed off pretty well.

I even remember people griping that Hugh Jackman was all wrong for Wolverine. "He's too tall, he doesn't look right, he can't possibly pull it off" Can't really imagine anyone else as Wolverine now. But that's just me.

But there was still much bemoaning that Ledger just couldn't pull it off. Even though they were different interpretations of the same character, Ledger's is already going down in history as one of cinema's most brilliant performances. My point isn't that he and Nicholson should be compared, but rather just reminding people that unlikely choices in superhero movies as of late has payed off pretty well.

I even remember people griping that Hugh Jackman was all wrong for Wolverine. "He's too tall, he doesn't look right, he can't possibly pull it off" Can't really imagine anyone else as Wolverine now. But that's just me.

Keep in mind though that the Joker's role is something Heath had to make up. It's not like he walked onto the set without makeup, acted, and spoke like himself. He had to create a voice and personality for his character. His normal self would have been a terrible choice for someone in the Batman universe.... If that makes any sense.

Keep in mind though that the Joker's role is something Heath had to make up. It's not like he walked onto the set without makeup, acted, and spoke like himself. He had to create a voice and personality for his character. His normal self would have been a terrible choice for someone in the Batman universe.... If that makes any sense.

Yes, that's what all actors must do. Lesson one in any drama school.

Yes, that's what all actors must do. Lesson one in any drama school.

Yes but do you see what I mean? Heath had to do it on such a greater level than most people, it's like we weren't even watching him but someone else. He did do a good job, though.

With Evans, it may be the same while he is in the Cap costume, but when hes not all most of us will see is the Torch.

Yes but do you see what I mean? Heath had to do it on such a greater level than most people, it's like we weren't even watching him but someone else. He did do a good job, though.

He did a good acting? Sure. Overrated bit because ofhis death? I'm certain. But every good actor must do that and it's not like Ledger was any more special on his role.

Exactly, Ledger had to create a new identity for the role, which is what Tobey McGuire had to do, and Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman. I'm not saying Evans won't suck without a doubt. I'm just sayin there's precedence for amazing surprises with unlikely actors in superhero movies.

Archived