Home

Chili pepper weaponized

Ping

^^ apparently they use it as a cure for stomach ailments. i can only imagine it giving you stomach ailments. let alone toiletpaper in the fridge method, you'd need to be deep frozen to recover from that :|

I'm thinking it cures ailments by making you upchuck. It's so spicy, I can't imagine how anyone could stomach it.

Edit: Am I the only one who think that guy's expression in the picture looks a little giddy to use that thing? :xp:

I will give the contents of my bank account to the person that rips open one of those peppers, rubs it all over there hands and then proceeds to rub their eyes. Keep in mind that I have about $34.61 USD in my account right now...

Consider:

In the U.S. we have highly chemical and treated food in our dietary makeup and I've observed we suffer from things like acid reflux and a real lack of any kind of stomach bacteria (good or bad).

Whereas in poorer countries, intestinal infections of sorts would be more common place. So, their stomach ailments would not be the same as ours.

Spicy stuff has lots of vitamins and raises body temperature. Perhaps to make it inhospitable or to kill "bugs". Point being spicy stuff might make a better stomach remedy for ailments in their situation than in ours. So it's not outside the realm.

Otherwise it beats the hell outta me. :giveup:

I'm thinking it cures ailments by making you upchuck. It's so spicy, I can't imagine how anyone could stomach it.

See above re body temp.

I push things and eat Poore Brothers Habanero chips. My late grandfather used to make a jalapeno onion and pepper omlette every time he felt the flu coming on. I'm a bit of a fan of spicy foods myself.

Southwestern (New Mexico) style food is real hot but also really tasty at the same time. I swear, it's like it burns but tastes so good you keep coming back for more.

Suppose being able to stomach it also depends on whether or not you grew up eating hot stuff? Perhaps Habit and genetics play a factor as well? Good flavor makes a *major* difference weather or not you'll puke it back up.

Though, eat too hot, if you could keep it down it doesn't make a very friendly resident of your bowels. Or making its exit for that matter.

Still, I know people from central and south Americas who eat hot food all the time--have done so for all their lives. Also, my HS senior project mentor and his wife (A jewish guy and a Malaysian/Chinese lady) eat nothing but hot food all the time. Rarely ever sick. How do they handle it? They just.....can.

Though it would not be unheard of to do a cleanout via an upchuck--dogs and cats do it all the time chewing on plants.

Edit: Am I the only one who think that guy's expression in the picture looks a little giddy to use that thing? :xp:

You're probably right.

I will give the contents of my bank account to the person that rips open one of those peppers, rubs it all over there hands and then proceeds to rub their eyes. Keep in mind that I have about $34.61 USD in my account right now...

Send me the money, I will transfer it to this woman.

Atul Lahkar, a local chef, told the Times of India that Ms Tamuly also "smeared seeds of 25 chillies in her eyes in one minute with the crowd simply awestruck".

Archived