Home

Social Group question

I was just wondering if more than one person could maintain the same social group?

If so, how would it be done?

If not, could this be something that can be done?

The way social groups work they can only have one owner. While it could be changed by altering the vBulletin scripts it would likely involve a fair amount of work. If more people are interested in this I'll look into it (won't promise anything though).

But why do you need more than one group owner? If someone is causing trouble in a social group and the owner is away, you can either contact a Super Moderator or use the little report button report.gif to bring it to their attention.

Or in the case of a banned owner, perhaps. :raise: Never thought about this actually.

In the rare cases that real members (instead of just the usual hordes of advertising spam bots) end up being permanently banned I usually check if they have any social group ownership and transfer it to another group member. When I remember. :)

And in case it's forgotten about and other group members want to keep it going you can just contact someone on the forum staff to have it transfered.

I just thought it would be nice to have so that way if the owner is away for awhile then who ever is second in charge can take care of the group.

I myself was not on here for awhile and some one had joined my group who then started to spam. Yes an admin was able to take care of the problem, but if some one else was in charge the problem could have been dealt with sooner. Plus because of this persons actions it forced me to set a permission for those who need to join.

I also agree with Canderis, this change would be beneficial for modding groups.

Archived