Home

Some bad feelings

True_Avery

I don't think there is any real need to worry because this is a spray-mist to a waterfall when compared to past uprisings. This is intimidation.

You know, I just love how predictable the media is. Amusing to say the least. Their bias slants, reproting one way but not another. None of them are truly moderate. They may try to be moderate, but there is not truly neutral unless they are apathetic. Ah yes the hasty generalizations. The actions of a few necessarily represent the other side as a whole.

Tea Partiers? There are a few bad apples (and of course let's not forget, saboteur plants) in every crowd to spoil the whole thing. Their opposition is obviously going to pay acute attention to anything that looks like it could be used against them. "Not Big Surprise." So sayeth Heavy of TF2.

About Stupac...ZOMG HE's BEING THREATENED BY REPUBLICANS!!!11!!!!111!!!!!1!!!! Says MSNBC...HEY! Guess What?! *BEFORE* he decided to vote 'yes' on the bill, he was getting threats from...D....D-D.....Democrats. Where were our heroes at the peacock channel then? Oh, right, he was being ridiculed by at least one of their attack dogs if not more.

Fox...meh, they weren't too happy about him in any case. Loaded gun. They were glad when he was against the bill, and called him traitor when he changed his mind.

Threats? Bah, talk is cheap far as threats. Personally I don't have time for them.

Worked with too many people who'd beat the **** out of you if you talk like that to 'em. Seen it happen too many times too. I have been in numerous other scuffles throughout my life anyway; you gonna do something? Put up or shut up.

These people seriously don't look like they have the chutzpah nor the unhinged mind to pull it off.

I never offer to shake hands, namely b/c people have this bad habit of grabbing your hand funny and trying to squeeze it until you wince. If they offer, then it's my choice.

Pelosi is crying in fear? Good. Our government members get away with all kinds of stuff and are comparatively punished with mere slaps on the wrist, whereas the same crime would get a regular person in deep **** with the law. They could use a little roughing-up. **** them and the horse they rode in on.

I'm not one to necessarily advocate violence or death towards our government members, but I wouldn't bat an eye either if they were harmed or whacked. While it is an admittedly thankless job; if you do a good job in clean conscience then that is all I ask and you have my blessing. On the other hand, if you're a scum bag you don't deserve any sympathy whatsoever.

You're not a power unto yourself, regardless your faith or lack thereof. You work for the people, bound by the constitution and sworn to uphold it, in trust by our forefathers. The founding farmers fathers. You probably get paid far more than most people and have major benefits on top of that. Whatever danger you face from angry citizens, you have brought upon yourself.

Let's face it.. the tone has gotten exponentially worse since at least 98. It doesn't help when you have people like Ping calling the Tea Partiers, "tea baggers." The tone has gotten real bad. The other side is pretty much always the Nazis no matter what side you talk to. The other side hates everyone and eats babies. The other side will rape your mother and steal your wallet.

There is a definite rift right now. I don't agree with the death threats and threats of violence against the congresspersons. And despite how some have made it out, it is not just the senate Democrats receiving this kind of treatment. At least one Republican had a voicemail threatening her life(source) Though it might have been a mix up. I've heard several bile filled messages to Republicans. Though the death threats may only have come if the bill had failed(actually the Dem senators were getting death threats when they voted Nay).

Nobody is innocent in this. Reps and Dems have turned every issue into personal battles. I honestly worry that this may turn into all out violence. We're sitting on a powder keg throwing matches at each other while smoking(grrrrr... i quit smoking in January and all I can think of is a cigarette haha). It's going to explode if we don't start toning it down. but chances are it'll take an explosion to change the tone.

I don't know of a teabaggers movement. I know of a tea party movement. Is the testicular dipping movement you are referring to supposed to be a reference to the tea party? If so, YOU are part of the problem with the bad feelings.

And if you think the Tea partiers are bad you should have heard the death threats from the other side to the same people getting threats now that they changed their votes.

I'm not surprised. It's human nature to behave like this. It's unfortunate, but it makes sense. Controversial issues can make some people very heated. I've seen it everywhere - the news, youtube debate videos, forums, protests... That behavior of sharp anger over controversies towards the opposing side. What can you do though? *shrugs*

Ahhh the teabaggers, how I spur them on in their quest to splinter the Republican party, some good can still be produced by such teabaggery!

Anyhow, pertaining to the violence, it's scary, but not surprising. In today's world of instant communication, fast mobilization and travel, and of course, the internet, your bound to get a small minority of crazies that end up googling some congressman's address or phone number. Information has become perhaps too easy to obtain.

at this point, I don't care if it violates the First Amendment, but what they're doing is against the law.

if it violates the First Amendment, what they're doing is against the law.

Fixed that for ya'.

Once you break the law, you're a criminal, and criminals should be behind bars.

Agreed. Guess what sort of people those who violate the First Amendment are?

*sigh* Persons such as "some left members" are part of the problem. Just as loud and obnoxious as Rush. They continue to dump on the legitimate Tea Party members with the continued foul language. Heck even President Obama has admitted that some of the Tea Partiers have a legitimate gripe. He's gained some measure of respect from me on that. Perhaps it's that he knows how far this could end up escalating to. The Tea party is peaceful right now, but if they keep being ignored and pushed aside by our government, they could become even less civil.

To paint the Tea party as racist and bigotted is just as bad as painting all the Obama supporters as anti-white. Yes there are those elements on both sides, but they by no means are the only ones. Everyone needs to take a step back and try LISTENING to the other side. Don't just hear what they are saying. LISTEN. Democrats and Liberals aren't out to destroy the fabric of our nation, any more than Republicans and Conservatives are out to kill sick people. Obama doesn't want to euthanize old people. Both sides want what's best for the nation. And to some degree BOTH sides have good ideas. Try putting yourself in their shoes for a while.

Try arguing AGAINST your point of view for once. You know where the holes are, aim for them. And when you do that, maybe the holes will be filled up. Or maybe there's some form of compromise.

The terms 'teabagger', 'teabagging', 'teabag' and their various permutations are being used as pejoratives, and the terms derive from an activity that is clearly not PG-13. That group of terms has been abused enough in this forum that their use is now barred. Further use of these terms will result in warnings and possible infractions.

• 1 month later...

Forgive my ignorance, but what else does the Tea Party believe in besides "no new taxes"? I've heard they're against health care reform because of its price tag in the multiple billions, which will be heaped onto the American public. However, does this alone merit some Tea Party members throwing bricks and making death threats against people?

If T.E.A. Party attendees are so ignorant and clueless, how is it in numerous rallies with tens of thousands in attendance; no arrests and no acts of violence?

How were they able to motivate voters in Massachusetts to elect a Republican to the U.S. Senate?

Compare any T.E.A. Party rally to any left-leaning organization rally and see which has more acts of violence and arrests.

Archived