Home

Biographies

Gurges-Ahter

There's a new section of the holonet up on SWTOR.com titled "Biographies".

Curious about some of the characters you’ve seen in Threat of Peace™, the Developer Walkthrough, or the “Deceived” cinematic trailer? Now you can find out all about them!

We are thrilled to introduce a new expansion to our HoloNet archives: Biographies! Now you can view profiles of several of the galaxy’s most notable figures. Each entry highlights someone you may meet, travel with, or fight alongside or against as you help determine the future of the galaxy in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Just like the Classes, Planets, and Timelines sections, the Biographies archives will be expanded regularly, so check back often to make sure you get the latest updates!

I'm really excited for this - especially learning about some of the characters from the Deceived Trailer that I've been wondering about.

You can check it out yourself here.

I just read through the available biographies - there are only 3 right now - and found Satele's to be particularly interesting. Avoid the following if you'd like to read it for yourself.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Of note, well, it confirms that Satele is Bastila's descendant, although it leaves out the possibility of also drawing lineage from Revan.

She is a direct descendant of Bastila Shan, the legendary Jedi who battled Darth Revan centuries ago

Also, her title of "Grand Master" is explained - apparently she is the one who found Tython and established the Jedi Temple there after the Coruscant temple was destroyed.

I'm hoping (pure speculation) that there will be some type of confrontation with Satele and some remnant of Revan, whether it's another descendant, a force ghost, or some ghastly form of Revan that survived off of some type of Sith magic for 300 years.

I think I translated the biography pages' aurebesh well enough.

Satele's says:

Show spoiler
"Jedi exiled her mother", "A secret son", and "Blood of Revan"

Nem'ro's says:

Show spoiler
"Supports Hutt Cartel neutrality", "Betrayed Skadge", and "Hook end Rattataki Body Guards"

Kilran's says:

Show spoiler
"Defense of the secret prison", "Personal combat expert", and "Chasing the General"

Make of all those what you will.

That's awesome - I hadn't even noticed the aurebesh at first. What does the top line say? Maybe it's my monitor here at work, but all I could make out is "Welcome to the h..." (this was on Satele's bio page, although it might be the same on the others too). Obviously the hints you found on Satele's page offer lots of intriguing story options.

The top line says "Welcome to the Holonet". It says that on the planet and class pages too, no worries there.

*edit*

I'll admit some of them may have typos. Nem'ro's line about Rattataki Body guards is down the middle, and the grid gets in the way, at least of the first few letters. Same for Kilran's bit about "Chasing the General". The rest of it should be accurate though.

Haha, good point. I definitely am interested in the story, but no so much right now with a year or more till the game comes out. I'll be more interested in this type of thing as we get closer to release, which is probably when they will do the opposite of that and start telling us how the game actually works.

Hey, wasn't the Jedi Order supposed to be reestablished on Telos, like how Kreia's prophecy foretold?

When did she say that?

EDIT: Why are we told about the leader of the Jedi Order, but nothing about the leader of the Sith Empire?

When did she say that?
It wasn't outright stated, but certainly implied at the end, particularly with Handmaiden carrying on the torch as a Jedi historian. Naturally, Telos would be a perfect place to rebuild the Order until it has become fully-functioning, and then it can move on to Coruscant.

EDIT: Why are we told about the leader of the Jedi Order, but nothing about the leader of the Sith Empire?
BioWare is banking on a slam-dunk plot twist... that reveals the Emperor's true identity! How epic indeed!

It wasn't outright stated, but certainly implied at the end, particularly with Handmaiden carrying on the torch as a Jedi historian. Naturally, Telos would be a perfect place to rebuild the Order until it has become fully-functioning, and then it can move on to Coruscant.

Then in other words, no, Kreia did not predict any such thing.

BioWare is banking on a slam-dunk plot twist... that reveals the Emperor's true identity! How epic indeed!

More likely they can't think of any way to make him interesting and are going to avoid the issue indefinitely.

Archived