Home

Aurebesh?!

Gurges-Ahter

In another thread in the Republic Holonet section, RogueJedi pointed out some interesting Aurebesh on the biography pages that were revealed today.

After reading his post, I went back to see if there's any other interesting Aurebesh writings on the holonet, and came across this for the Sith Inquisitor page:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Aspirant of the Dark Council

The Ritual of Force Walking

The Force Walking is very hard to read and I might have gotten it wrong - the inquisitor dude that shoots lightning often covers the aurebesh written along the left side. But if it IS right, I wonder what implications that has for the game. I remembered from somewhere that Force Walking was essentially time-traveling, but there is no entry for it on wookieepedia. Can anyone confirm?

Does this open doors for character(s) from KotOR to make appearances in ToR? I always thought it was a little fishy the way the guys from BioWare said things like "well obviously 300 years have passed since KotOR so no one could have lived that long to appear in ToR".

There's some neat bits of info on the class pages hidden in the aurebesh. One of them(either BH or Smuggler, I think Smuggler) had a name drop of Nem'ro the Hutt's name, long before his bio showed up on today's holonet update.

On the Force Walking, Jacen Solo learned something called "Flow-Walking", if that's what you're thinking of.

Yes - that's it - thanks for clearing that up.

**EDIT** I was able to confirm it does say "Ritual of Force Walking". I turned the contrast & brightness all the way up, refreshed the page, and read it before the character loaded.

Any ideas on what "Force Walking" means?

Some other interesting ones that I found:

Show spoiler
Jedi Consular:

Shades of Grey

Intercept and Destroy the Javelin Dreadnought

Shades of Grey I find interesting - sounds like maybe someone important skirts the edge of light and dark (Grand Master Satele?)

Sith Inquisitor:

Dark Descendant

Descendant of whom?

Some non-interesting ones that I found:

Show spoiler

Jedi Knight:

Savior of the Galaxy

Fearless

Destined to Become the Emperor's Nemesis

Jedi Consular:

Republic Unifier

Sith Warrior:

The Harbinger of Doom

Groomed for Power

Dominating, Fearsome

I've been set on Sith Inquisitor for some time too, and finding this aurebesh coding only enhances my desire because it adds more mystery to an already intriguing class.

Just read the Smuggler page - says something about "Wanted by Rogan the Butcher".

From the Imperial Agent:

Master of Deception

Protecting the Shadow Arsenal

Expose the Conspiracy

More Aurebesh translations from the Planet Holonet pages:

Dromund Kaas:

Revan's Disappearance

Taris:

Death's Claw Stronghold

Belsavis:

Beware the Mandalorian Hunting Parties

Tatooine:

Czerka Lab Abandoned Beneath the Sand

Alderaan:

Will House Organa Inherit the Throne?

Balmorra:

There is a Traitor in the Ranks

Coruscant:

Currently Under Reconstruction

Ord Mantell:

Chaos Comes From the Volcano

Hutta:

Fa'Athra Seeks the Downfall of Nem'ro

Also found another on the Consular page that reads "Emperor's Children". Between that and "Shades of Grey" the consular class is shaping up to be interesting too.

• 3 months later...

If "flow walking" or "force walking" is in the game I suspect that it maybe used somewhat similarly to the time magic spells from classic RPGs, such as it may allow you to slow down and stop opponents or hasten allies or if it does what it is supposed to then we may get a Majora's Mask-esque tie-into the game where after so many hours of game play you get to return to day one again with all of your swag.

In Fate of the Jedi: Omen, Jysella Horn uses flow walking to an extent to aid her in battle (You need to read the books to find out why she has this Obscure advanced power to begin with:)) But I don't mind the way it is used there, as it is really only what Tom Cruise does in The Last Samurai hehe. But yea, I Don't think Flow walking can realistically be used in any other fashion than Single player Story elements, I mean I aint gonna stand there while my enemy goes forward in time to see the outcome of our fight lol

In another thread in the Republic Holonet section, RogueJedi pointed out some interesting Aurebesh on the biography pages that were revealed today.

After reading his post, I went back to see if there's any other interesting Aurebesh writings on the holonet, and came across this for the Sith Inquisitor page:

It's no problem really.

WoW has included Time Travel in their games years ago. You don't influence the event, but rather 'experience' them.

I'm thinking joining Bastilla when fighting Revan, to find some clues. Not earth shattering event, just cool and fun to play :)

Star Wars isn't about time travel though. There is no convenient time travel method that everyone can use. There are magical godlike dragons who guard the timestreams. I'd rather TOR just leave time travel alone and making great storylines without it. KotOR didn't have to use time travel, why should TOR?

Star Wars isn't about time travel though. There is no convenient time travel method that everyone can use. There are magical godlike dragons who guard the timestreams. I'd rather TOR just leave time travel alone and making great storylines without it. KotOR didn't have to use time travel, why should TOR?

Totally agreed, I just replied it doesn't have to be a 'game-breaking' element.

Maybe you could have a flashback sequence like in Kotor 2...who knows.

I'm wondering about that actually, in light of this thread.

The Sith and Jedi start as Padawans...will they have a similar test like Luke had in TESB? Facing an illusion? Could be a Revan/Malak cameo...foreshadowing the player could fall like them as well...

• 1 year later...

Here are the hidden messages written in Aurebesh on the Class Pages on http://www.swtor.com. At the very top of each one is "Welcome to the Holonet"

Republic:

Show spoiler

Trooper: Freedom's Shield; Weapon Analysis; Helmet Analysis; Boom; [something] the Loyal (her foot's in the way); Defend the [something] very big gun.

Smuggler: Galactic Profiteer; Weapon Analysis; Weapon Analysis; A little luck a lot of skill; My life my ship; Wanted: By Rodan the Butcher.

Jedi Knight: Savior of the Galaxy; Weapon Analysis; Holocron Analysis; Fearless; Destined to become the Emperor's nemesis; Sacrifice.

Jedi Consular: Unifier of the Republic; Weapon Analysis; Armor Analysis; Savior of the Jedi; Dark Plague; Intercept and Destroy the Javelin Dreadnought; Shades of Grey; Sacrifice.

Empire:

Show spoiler

Bounty Hunter: Masters of the Great Hunt; Weapon Analysis; Helmet Analysis; Extremely Dangerous.

Sith Warrior: The Harbinger of Doom; Weapon Analysis; Holocron Analysis; Dominating, Fearsome; Relentless; Groomed for Power.

Imperial Agent: The Master of Deception; Weapon Analysis; Droid Analysis; Infiltration; Expose the Conspiracy; Protecting the Shadow Arsenal.

Sith Inquisitor: Aspirant to the Dark Council; Weapon Analysis; Armor Analysis; Error Manipulation; Insidious; The Ritual of Force Walking.

That's the lot :)

Archived