Home

Best Movies of 2010

Hey, Te here

This thread is for my fellow forumites to talk and discuss their favorite movies of 2010! Here have been my favorites so far.....

Number 4: Alice in Wonderland :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: (Tim Burton releases another classic based on the 1940 Disney Classic based on the classic novel by Lewis Carol (courtessy of Mimartin). It stars Johnny Depp as "The Mad Hatter." The movie was much better than I thought, and had great visual effects, though some parts didn't seem to add anything. If they didn't have the White Queen for instance, it would have been better.)

Number 3: Alvin and the Chimpmonks: The Squekuel :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: (I thought the first one was better, but it was still hilarius. It seemed to have a different setting than the first, but still was hilarius. The chipmunk's voices got fairly annoying after a while, but it was heartwarming and silly.)

Number 2: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning thief :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: (Though nothing like the book, taught much about Greek Mythology and was action packed! However, I don't believe the final battle added much of anything, it was cool and the visual effects were amazing! It is definately sequal-worthy in my mind!)

ONE: How to Train your Dragon :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1: (THE BEST ANIMATED MOVIE SINCE UP! It was just as good as Up, and had that certain same Pixarish appearence, why? It was directed by the same director as Lilo and Stitch and the lead writer of The Incredibles. I thought it was cool and heartwarming, and the characters were adorable. My only critisism is that they put too much emphesis on the vikings, and less on the dragons themselves. it got so many good reviews from the box office, fans, and critics alike. It got 97% from rotten tomatoes which RARELY gives a 50%! I heard rumors of a sequel in 2011 or 2012 called "How to be a Pirate" with the same characters going to a world of pirates and swashbucklers. If you want a good movie, see this, you don't know what you will be missing.)

In my mind, these were, by far, the BEST movies I have seen in the theater. :thmbup1: I would like your opinions as well!

The four movies of 2010 I am anticipating

4: Iron Man 2

3: The Shadow of the Bat

2: Shrek: 4 Ever After

1: Toy Story 3

What are your favorite movies this year so far?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far this year I've only seen The Wolfman which was terrible, and The Book of Eli which was very good! I'd easily give Eli 8.5/10 and I'd suggest it to anyone.

I mainly anticipating Clash of the Titans, Tron:Legacy, Robin Hood, Iron Man 2, Prince of Persia, The Green Hornet, A-Team, and Inception. But I'll try to see Green Zone and Shutter Island when they come out on DVD.

When rumors about Michael Bay directing Prince of Persia began to show up, I wept for this movies' sake. When he was confirmed out and the latest teaser trailer was up, I got so pumped up. As long as it isn't the same Sands of Time saga (but rather, told differently), it has a lot of potential.

Aside from it, I'm eagerly waiting for more Iron Man (2) heroic awesomeness and cynicism, intrigued by Robin Hood and uncertain about Toy Story 3.

So far this year I've only seen The Wolfman which was terrible, and The Book of Eli which was very good! I'd easily give Eli 8.5/10 and I'd suggest it to anyone.

So far, I've only seen those two, too. But I actually liked The Wolfman. At least it's not that teenager horror movie ruin crap that we see nowadays.

Robin Hood looks great doesn't it? I think Gerard Butler will do an excellent job!

He'd have to be an incredibly good actor to pull off the role, especially seeing as he isn't in it. :p

As for Toy Story, while it's true that Pixar haven't made a bad film yet, that doesn't mean they can't, or won't. It's inevitable that one of their films will ultimately suck. But I hope it isn't Toy Story 3.

Just realised I should have mentioned films I want to see this year. And there's only one so far - Iron Man 2.

I was initially interested in Jonah Hex, but after hearing that Megan Fox was involved, and given the generally bad reputation comic book movies have, i've decided not to see that.

The one film I definitely won't be going to see, though, is True Grit. However much I like Jeff Bridges, there's only one Rooster.

He'd have to be an incredibly good actor to pull off the role, especially seeing as he isn't in it. :p

Oops, thanks for pointing that out.

And on the Pixar matter, I agree with Crt Alt Del that Toy Story 2 wasn't very good. It was by no means bad, but not a film I plan on rewatching soon.

I'm in no way implying that the critics are always right, but Toy Story 2 has received a lot of critical acclaim. It's in the top 250 on IMDB (#245), received a perfect 100% on rottentomates (out of 143 reviews) (link), and, when adjusted for inflation, ranks #94 on the all-time box office list (link). IGN also listed it as the #1 animated film of all-time (link). The first Toy Story was ranked #11.

As for my personal taste, I actually preferred the first Toy Story movie, but it appears I'm in the minority on that one.

Archived