Home

Best Movies of 2010

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am Looking To a Number of Films in 2010 but first a Must say why im not Looking Forward to Most Future Animation films... The Main Reason is this Stupid New 3D craze.. I mean 3D has been around for a while and when it first came out i belive not many people liked it But now its this HUGE amazing thing

But enough of that here are the films im looking forward to

[Note May not be Real Names]

Yogi Bear the Movie

http://www.themovieinsider.com/m380/the-a-team/

Reason-I liked the Old cartoon ;P

The A team Movie

http://www.themovieinsider.com/m2262/little-fockers/

I will say i do not like the look of the actors they got for it, But alas as a Fan of the Old Show i will Properly watch it

Little Fockers

http://www.themovieinsider.com/m2262/little-fockers/

I loved the Original two Movies Based on that Couple at least i think it was too and i most certainly will watch this one

Kick-ass, Clash of the Titans and Robin Hood Because they Look like awesome and Epic films... and kick-ass looks fun too ;P

I haven't seen any films that were released in 2010, though I am looking forward to many future releases.

-Legend of the Guardians (OMG THE VISUALS MAN!)

-Clash of the Titans

-Edge of Darkness

-Ghost Writer (James Bond and Obi-Wan! Together in a movie!)

-The Wolfman

-Shutter Island

-Green Zone

-Oceans

-Iron Man 2

-Robin Hood

-Toy Story 3

-Predators

-Inception

-The Expendables

-The Social Network (David Fincher. Enough said.)

-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I (If it even comes out. Warnor Bros will most likely do the same thing they did with Half Blood Prince. Delay the film to July 2011 for more money.)

-The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Despite the last film being bad, this might actually turn out to be decent.)

Bléh to Pixar stuff, I'm getting really bored of these animations films. They all look cartoony and are humours. Its time our western view changes on animation and see as more then a medium to mostly entertain kiddies.

Mind, I enjoyed Pixars work, but its really getting méh for me, nothing we haven't seen from them before. So I'dd like to see them take another route with one of their projects.

So far the only films that peeked my interest:

That new Tron movie, I really hope this one is good.

Iron Men 2, from all the comic book films, besides the dark knight. I enjoyed Iron Men a lot.

Robin Hood, by director Ridley Scott, has potential to be good and well put together.

And something I just know that will be awefull => Predators.

I'll get that one on DVD or something, so when I get bored someday I have some brainless killer rasta alien action :p

IceAge-4D

EDIT: Oh and Clash of Titans just to enjoy the CGI splendour, hopefully it isn't as sugar coated as Avatar, which bored the hell out of me. But at least I got to enjoy the visuals and design of the creatures and stuff.

Bléh to Pixar stuff, I'm getting really bored of these animations films. They all look cartoony and are humours. Its time our western view changes on animation and see as more then a medium to mostly entertain kiddies.

The reason why they look all cartoony is because there animated. Unless you want an uncanny piece of trash that makes you barf at first sight, then I see no reason to hate "cartoony animated movies." As for the humors, there simply isn't nothing wrong with it. Its there for entertainment purposes -- plus, what's wrong with having a little harmless fun humor from here and there? Absolutely nothing.

So I'dd like to see them take another route with one of their projects.
I don't. What their currently doing right now is perfectly fine with me. The recent film they released last year, Up, is a film that I consider to be one of the best movies of 2009 because of its entertainment value but also because of its emotional value as well. I consider it to be one of the most emotional, character driven films that I've seen in recent times, and I watch a lot of movies mind you. The intro to that film is what got my immediate attention, it starts off with a typical, happy, feel good montage, and then it goes down hill as depressing, giving the audience a slight start to developing the main protagonist.

Your all going to say "This man needs to see Avatar and what not." Well, guess what? I did see Avatar, and while I applaud it for being anti-war and all that jazz, it isn't as emotional as Up was in my humble opinion. Same goes for District 9, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, The Hurt Locker, and the most overrated film of 2009: Precious.

Still, I don't consider Up to be the best movie of 2009; that spot belongs to "The Road."

The reason why they look all cartoony is because there animated. Unless you want an uncanny piece of trash that makes you barf at first sight,

This is exactly what I'm talking about, animation does not equal cartoony looks.

And why would, perhaps a more realistic aproach be trash?

All I want to point out, is that certainly the peeps at Pixar can do more.

After, what, 12 to 15 films of fun, sugary sweet films, I know they can do that.

I just know with their skills and knowledge they could pull it off.

then I see no reason to hate "cartoony animated movies." As for the humors, there simply isn't nothing wrong with it. Its there for entertainment purposes -- plus, what's wrong with having a little harmless fun humor from here and there? Absolutely nothing.

The humour in it isn't wrong, but like I said before, they've done it to death by know. Whatever they use rats, fish or sad robots.

They don't have to do a Bioware grim dark bloody fantasy, but at least something else. But I guess everyone wants more of the same.

Your all going to say "This man needs to see Avatar and what not." Well, guess what? I did see Avatar, and while I applaud it for being anti-war and all that jazz, it isn't as emotional as Up was in my humble opinion. Same goes for District 9, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, The Hurt Locker, and the most overrated film of 2009: Precious.

Well the only reason I went to Avatar is that a some friends of mine invited me to come to the cinema, they actually paid for my ticket x-D

Honestly I just don't go to the cinemas anymore, the prices are getting ridiculous high, if I save the cash of the ticket I can actually buy a nice cult classic on DVD. Plus most films these days get hyped beyond believe. IMO

You're free to disagree :p

I would suggest you watch Renaissance or Waltz with Bashir then. The former is a cyberpunk film noir, while the latter is a semi-documentary about Israeli soldiers in the Lebanon War. There's also Persepolis, which is about an Irani girl escaping the revolution and coming to terms with Western society.

They're all Western in origin, so long as you still consider France as Western. >_>

And why would, perhaps a more realistic aproach be trash?

The humour in it isn't wrong, but like I said before, they've done it to death by know. Whatever they use rats, fish or sad robots.

I fail to see your point to be honest. They include rats, fish, etc... Because the audience Pixar aims at is kids, teenagers, and nostalgic adults. Plus, I enjoy the humor they add in it; makes their films more entertaining and fun.

They don't have to do a Bioware grim dark bloody fantasy

Funny, I actually think Dragon Age: Origins is one of BioWare's most funniest and humorous games ever. *Cough* Alister *cough*

if I save the cash of the ticket I can actually buy a nice cult classic on DVD.

I watch cult classics too... :(

Nice vid, I know about this sort of stuff.

Though if everybody keeps playin safe, on the other side of the valley...

I just know Pixar can pull off more amazing stuff.

I fail to see your point to be honest. They include rats, fish, etc... Because the audience Pixar aims at is kids, teenagers, and nostalgic adults. Plus, I enjoy the humor they add in it; makes their films more entertaining and fun.

My point being is that I know Pixar can do this genre well, as you discribe it.

I'dd love to see them try and do something like... well, like that Final Fantasy film, everyone find that one a stinker.

It's not that Pixar should go and dump their style, but it would be nice to see what they can come up with for, say an action movie or I dunno, Sci Fi horror, what ever.

Funny, I actually think Dragon Age: Origins is one of BioWare's most funniest and humorous games ever. *Cough* Alister *cough*

:lol: Bad example perhaps, though there are some grim choices to be made in the game. And "evil" guys do get their heads lumped off and what not.

In most Pixar movies the evil anti heroe actually kills himself by accident and whatnot...

I watch cult classics too... :(

ah sorry, mate. I just love saying B, when everybody else goes yapping about choice A being so darn good.

Oh well... I'll follow Sabers advice, the frenchies have a nack at making fun animation films, who are differant then most mainstream affairs.

I really wanted to see Shutter Island, but missed it by a day. Went out of theatres here. Ended up going for Daybreakers, which is a pretty good popcorn movie, though you won't watch it more than twice, max.

Hey did anyone else see it? Didn't Ethan Hawke look slightly like Christian Bale in that movie?

As for most anticipated, I'm near dying here to see Inception. Nolan's directing and the trailer looks very very promising. Also I've been waiting very long for Iron Man 2. Whatever else comes out I'll watch as per my time permits

The one film I definitely won't be going to see, though, is True Grit. However much I like Jeff Bridges, there's only one Rooster.
My, my Astor you are indeed the bearer of bad news. A remake of True Grit, did these Hollywood fools learn nothing from the failed attempt to remake the Alamo? This reminds me of a quote from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance “When the legend becomes fact, print the legend". John Wayne will never be considered a great actor to me, but he was a legend and there is no replacing a legend. I like Barry Pepper, but he isn’t likely to adequately fill Robert Duvall’s boots. However Matt Damon should be able to handle the role of La Boeuf, one of the few things I disliked about True Grit was Glen Campbell’s role. Like you I will avoid this movie at least until it comes to premium television.

What’s next will Hollywood remake Casablanca, The Godfather, It’s a Wonderful Life or Gunga Din? Without Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant they would be wasting their time and money. The only good news I see is at least they are not remaking The Searchers or The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

• 1 month later...

Archived