Home

Post pic of your current Shepard (56k hurtlock)

Totenkopf

Hmm...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
faceone.jpg

Show spoiler
Facetwo.jpg

That's pretty much the only custom face I've made for Mass Effect 1 and 2. For my other playthroughs, I just use the default one.

Part of the depth of experience that has come from ME is the attachment you get for a character as you follow them through the series. I literally spent hours fine tuning my femshep to make her exactly how I thought would look right. It has really given the game that extra dimension.

If they make a movie, Lara Flynn Boyle can play my femshep - as that's the closest real life person I know that looks the character I made. I actually cant bring myself to play as any other character now, and have never been interested in that eyebrow pluckin' male default shep :p

shepposter.png

mtfbwya

(or any one of them, if you wish)

Overall I found it hopelessly difficult to make a face that didn't look unnatural or freaky in some way with the Mass Effect 2 char generator. The very limited preview model certainly didn't help, nor did having to sit through a 5 minute unskippable intro scene before being let back into the CharGen. :wonder:

First attempt for Vanguard Shepard:

Show spoiler

me2vanguardshep.jpg

Second attempt for Infiltrator/Sniper Shepard:

Show spoiler

me2infil1.jpg

me2infil2.jpg

Third attempt for Biotic Adept Shepard:

Show spoiler

me2adeptshep1.jpg

Xbox, so no screenies of my own, however, much to the same dilemna stoffe had.. I finally wound up going here and finding face codes I liked :D

I use "Danielle" for my femshep (page 5) - 741.1GL.F12.861.EGE.19F.3IA.121.C96.193.2G6.276

Show spoiler
DanielleShepard2.jpg

and "Melchior" for guyshep (page 36) - 733.EEK.J17.F2F.GDC.36W.5HF.74D.G96.5B7.647.116

Show spoiler
MassEffect22010-02-1023-57-06-12-1.jpg

Never bothered to make a female Shepard myself :p anyway:

Show spoiler
meffect-20100202-184944.png

Show spoiler
meffect-20100202-191513.png

I kinda modeled him after the "Future John Connor" you see at the beginning of Terminator 2

I kinda modeled him after the "Future John Connor" you see at the beginning of Terminator 2

There's something alarming about your sheps eyes... I'd check his cabin for weed if I were you :D

@chainz > Your Melchior looks cool. Reminds me of James Purefoy, who played Mark Antony in that awesome show Rome.

mtfbwya

Is there anyway to capture a decent screenshot from your 360? Or would that involve a lot of hassle with cables and what not?

Just take a photo of your TV/monitor. That's what alot of the folks at the bioware forums equivalent of this thread did ;)

The other option is if you have a capture card on your pc, and involves cables etc...much fiddlier and time consuming. Professional reviewers and such use it, but to just show your shep.... I think the above option is easier. :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

Just take a photo of your TV/monitor. That's what alot of the folks at the bioware forums equivalent of this thread did ;)

The other option is if you have a capture card on your pc, and involves cables etc...much fiddlier and time consuming. Professional reviewers and such use it, but to just show your shep.... I think the above option is easier. :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

M'kay thanks for that bit of info :p

So I took some, blurry pictures, I picked out the best. Though it'll never look as good as a nice screenshot.

Here it goes: My renegade jerk Boris, with awesome low moustache and ligth green eyes. And some scars. Its fun to play with an older looking dude.

Show spoiler
dscn7068.jpg

The opposite of the mister sheppard above, miss Dana.

Show spoiler
dscn7080.jpg

EDIT: Start counting the pixels on my monitor :lol:

@lexxy > what is that visor your first shep is wearing ? I heard about another visor you could buy in ME2 but never came across it :(

@Quanon... Boris is damn scary... should've resized his pic ;)

Here's an inspirational poster.... which is also the cover of my new adults only ME fanfic (which will only ever be published under my mattress) :D

untamedlust.jpg

mtfbwya

I literally spent hours fine tuning my femshep to make her exactly how I thought would look right.

creepy

I actually cant bring myself to play as any other character now, and have never been interested in that eyebrow pluckin' male default shep :p

Enjoy your crappy female romance options then. Plus I'm sure there's something to be said about a guy who always plays a girl character, but if you want to be weird and closeted like that, it's your prerogative. Plus if you wanted her to look like Lara Flynn Boyle, you've still got some work to do. :p

Here's an inspirational poster.... which is also the cover of my new adults only ME fanfic (which will only ever be published under my mattress) :D

yeah see, that's just ****ed up

anyway, my contributions (better looking than anything else in this thread, btw):

Show spoiler
femshep04.png

femshep03.png

creepy

from you(*). now that is a compliment! :thmbup1:

(*)Ref: Podcast 10

Plus I'm sure there's something to be said about a guy who always plays a girl character, but if you want to be weird and closeted like that, it's your prerogative.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar Sigmund ;) I haven't always played as a fem.. but often do.

I think this started in NWN, where the female characters were just cooler (IMO), In NWN2, my Drizzt geekdom commanded I play as a male drow ;)

Plus if you wanted her to look like Lara Flynn Boyle, you've still got some work to do. :p

Nah. Lara sorta looks like Isabel, not the other way around ;) Does it matter???

Enjoy your crappy female romance options then.

yeah see, that's just ****ed up

No, Homophobia is just ****ed up.

What is messed up is BioWare 1950s approach to female sexuality in these games. I haven't played Dragon Age yet but I have read it does include same sex relationship options. Maybe BioWare thought that the boneheads demographic that predominately play shooters would be repelled if they found out about this for ME2 ??

BioWare would rather have a female character engage in what is essentially an act of bestiality(inter species love with Garrus/Thane) than have her openly show affection for another female character in the game. Boo to BioWare on this point - I hope they correct this in ME3. Same goes for Male-Male interactions too. BioWare decided to take romance in the game to a carnal level, so why not include same gender relationships too. Otherwise, just give use that space on the disc for something else.

M3 Screenie?? ;)

2557.jpg

*pic from BioWare forums "Fight for the Love" social group, advocating for portrayals of same sex relationships in ME3.

anyway, my contributions >> better looking than anything else in this thread, btw

Pretty :) Still, I don't think any of our chars will outdo the smoldering beauty of Stoffe's femshep [/iMO]

mtfbwya

anyway, my contributions (better looking than anything else in this thread, btw):

Show spoiler
femshep04.png

femshep03.png

Good one dude, I almost thought you really meant she looked better than mine.

Archived