Home

MI2:SE sloppyness like in MI:SE?

LordTrilobite

Speaking of, does anyone have any word if maybe they are going to fix or update some of the sloppy graphical errors, bugs, or animation problems when the first Special Edition is released on PSN?

You're more likely to win a lifetime supply of jam donuts in the next 24 hours.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The art style is inappropriate, and a bit crap, but a significant step up from the first special edition, which was a total abortion.

In any case, the developer commentary will make this worth buying even if nothing else is up to snuff. I had and have zero interest in buying or at all supporting SMI:SE, but I'm most likely going to get Monkey 2 for the commentaries, despite the artistic downgrade (which, contrary to popular belief, is still possible with a graphical upgrade).

Sorry to poke the fire, but this drives me insane every time I look at it:

woodchuck.jpg

Please note i'm not hating on the game, I think overall the remake looks awesome (and I believe in all honesty we should be incredibly thankful we're getting one at all) It's just that It's my all time favourite, so I'd appreciate it if they took care of it.

I like the other characters quite a lot. They're kinda cool. They're pretty much how I imagined them.

I even like Guybrush. Compared to the first SE he's obviously a lot better but even without comparing, I'm pretty happy with the way he looks. The way he stands is not right though.

I'm still approaching this with apprehension because I was excited about the first SE and it turned out rubbish, but these screenshots do look nice.

The box art is still bloody awful.

Please note i'm not hating on the game, I think overall the remake looks awesome (and I believe in all honesty we should be incredibly thankful we're getting one at all) It's just that It's my all time favourite, so I'd appreciate it if they took care of it.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier. I think the thing is the original game, it looks like they are standing in the sawdust, but the way they drew the piles in the remakes, they appear to be small hills of sawdust, making it look awkward to have someone standing on it. If they were going to keep the positioning the same, they should have just moved the edge of the sawdust pile back a little bit in the background.

I think part of the problem, which was an issue with the first SE too, is the increase in depth you get from increasing the resolution so much. These are still 2d sprites, but now the space they inhabit feels larger, deeper, if I'm making any sense.

Archived