Home

Red Dead Redemption

leXX

Anyone else getting this? I'm so pumped for it, looks so good. I'm a sucker for all things cowboy. Love all the old western films, The Magnificent Seven (based on Seven Samurai) being my fav, then you have Cowboy Bebop and Firefly, and numurous other things inspired by the old west.

This game looks like it's going to be my horse riding, bounty hunting, pistols at dawn heaven, but I'll probably just spend most of my time just riding around hunting animals, and seeing what I come across. Can't wait.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I've had my eye on it since it was first announced. I've been itching for a good Western game for years. The last couple I played, Call of Juarez and Gun, lacked a little something. I hope RDR doesn't have too many holdovers from GTA4 though. I hated the cover and aiming system in that.

I love the films of Wayne and Eastwood (and a fair few others), and loved Deadwood (as if the avatar wasn't a giveaway), so i'm definitely looking forward to this.

The last couple I played, Call of Juarez and Gun, lacked a little something.

I loved CoJ, but you're right about GUN lacking something - it just felt empty. That's why i'm hoping the experts on sandbox gameplay should be able to pull off a free-roaming Western.

Looks neat. I know the other non GTA releases of Rockstar games have at least been decent. This looks like it might be a great play.

Just when I thought I was going to hang it up at/after the next few games, another one like this comes out. And another, and another...and another..........................

Supposedly the game's been stuck in development for far longer than it should have, due to some serious mismanagement, and would take about 4 million full-price sales to break even with development costs. At this point, the developers aren't expecting it to make a profit, but are trying to use it as proof that their branch of Rockstar can make a AAA game.

In other new, the game looks pretty awesome. It's a pity it won't be coming out on pc though (at least not at release), because I gave up console gaming a long time ago. When they eventually port it, I hope it isn't a bad GFWL-dependent port like GTA IV.

Until then, Mafia 2 will have to satisfy my open-world hunger.

If they are already over budget, they might figure the port costs of a PC version aren't worth it. I don't know what the sales figures are like now, but at its launch at least the PC version of GTA4 didn't fare as well as expected. Being a much more marginal title, I would expect the forecast for RDR to be even more conservative.

In other new, the game looks pretty awesome. It's a pity it won't be coming out on pc though (at least not at release), because I gave up console gaming a long time ago. When they eventually port it, I hope it isn't a bad GFWL-dependent port like GTA IV.

Agreed. Not really big on westerns, but this looks pretty decent. But less it comes out on PC, will likely never play it.

^^^You, Texan, of all people never even heard about it?!

I read leXX going on about being able to ride a horse. Neat, but hardly worth my time since I can ride a real horse at relatives any time I want. That does not really excite me since it is usually followed by a large amount of work. Actually seeing the game play makes it seem a bit more exciting. Also thankfully I never saw the term Fence Rider listed under any of the job descriptions for Red Dead Redemption, so I’m more include to think make believe will be a bit more fun than reality.

Also watch those stereotypes about Texans; we don’t all wear cowboy boots and hats.:xp:

Also watch those stereotypes about Texans; we don’t all wear cowboy boots and hats.:xp:

Lies.

This is becoming the best game ever - Multiplayer Free Roam.

You can form a posse and roam the world with no constraints. I think it said up to 16 players on a map.

You know this game is going to have to be added to the LF game night. Imagine the fun we'll all have riding around as a posse, shooting the hell outta everything we come across. Can. Not. Wait.

... riding around as a posse, shooting the hell outta everything we come across...

isn't that what the skype posse already does anyway ?? :thmbup1:

getting excited about riding a horse in a game is a bit funny though :)

Fig.1 Yee-haw!

barbiegame.jpg

but after watching the trailers, I’m sold.

If you can form a gang of rebellious slaves I'm in too :D

open chat>

@Kuntakintetoy7 says:Take THIS masser

*unloads Gatling gun*

mtfbwya

isn't that what the skype posse already does anyway ?? :thmbup1:

And we do it with style. ;)

getting excited about riding a horse in a game is a bit funny though :)

Is it? I don't know why. Riding the horse around in Assassin's Creed was one of the best bits of the game. Being able to do that in a massive open world is going to be awesome.

Fig.1 Yee-haw!

barbiegame.jpg

My daughters had a Barbie Horse Riding game that they played when they were younger, and they loved it. It was a actually a very good game.

Riding the horse around in Assassin's Creed was one of the best bits of the game....

You must be fond of horses, or at least horses in games. I think they're cool as far as you get get to spots quicker but they're not anything more exciting than that. Now, if the horse in Assassins Creed could climb up the to the top of buildings and jump around using the Havok engine, THAT would be awesome :D

mtfbwya

getting excited about riding a horse in a game is a bit funny though :)[/Quote]

Although I say this as a horse-lover (NOT in that way, innuendo fans!) what's wrong with that?

Is it? I don't know why. Riding the horse around in Assassin's Creed was one of the best bits of the game. Being able to do that in a massive open world is going to be awesome.[/Quote]

As a rider IRL, overall I thought the animations were the best i've seen so far in a video game, but only to a point - the walking and trotting animations are damn-near perfect, but the canter/gallop animations still leave a lot to be desired - both horse and rider seem to bounce around far too much.

I haven't seen too much of the horse animation in RDR, so I don't know how good they are - but the little bits I have seen looked pretty good.

Archived