Home

Red Dead Redemption

leXX

Of course the West is all about hacking across the plains on a pony, or steaming through on a train, but it is 1910, so it'd maybe be nice to see a car or two.

Whether John Marston can drive it is another matter, though. :p

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just listening to the latest Kotaku Talk Radio, and the developers confirmed that there will be Model T Ford's in the game, but you will only see them on the streets in a certain town, and you won't be able to drive them.

^ Yep, and it be packed full of awesome.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I'm going to avoid the net altogether for the extra 3 days I have to wait to play it. These seperate US and Europe release dates really piss me off. :carms:

Might just have been the fact I watched it with earphones, but that music was very loud - I could barely hear what the characters were saying.

Looks even more awesome, though.

These seperate US and Europe release dates really piss me off. :carms:

Quite. I really don't understand them, especially when, as you say, it often discourages people from visiting fansites because of inevitable spoilers.

I played two and a half hours earlier today before I had to go to class.

My initial impressions:

• Gotta get used to horse and shooting controls
  • I kinda wish horses had cruise control or something. It's a little difficult to shoot on the move. I need more fingers.
  • The cover mechanic seems a bit clingy

Is it possible to play poker in multiplayer?

Got it. Played it. Love it.

I got to get use to some of the styles(3rd person) but so far its pretty good. It always takes me a few days to get use to a new rpg, like finding quests, minigames, etc. So so far I've stuck to a set of ranching side quests and though herding is a pain in the *** its been super fun breaking horses, herding cattle, protecting them from animals, etc.

More tomorrow.

Played probably over 10+ hours and so far its probably my favorite game of the year all around. The game definitely has a learning curve, but I managed to get over it within a few hours. The trick is to realize that the horse will follow roads by itself for a short time while you shoot.

Spent most of my time hunting. Beats the hell out of most straight hunter games nowadays.

Here's the big question. I've got money to buy Mass Effect 2 OR Red Dead Redemption but not both...which one should I get?

-I'm a sucker for good stories

-I love sci-fi and westerns equally

-I have played Mass Effect 1, but I have not played the prequel to RDR

Knowing those things...what do you think would be the better buy?

Here's the big question. I've got money to buy Mass Effect 2 OR Red Dead Redemption but not both...which one should I get?

I haven't played RDR yet as it isn't out over here until Friday, and I can't wait to play it, but I can tell you that Mass Effect 2 is one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. I would definately recommend buying Mass Effect 2, and start saving for RDR.

I haven't played RDR yet as it isn't out over here until Friday, and I can't wait to play it, but I can tell you that Mass Effect 2 is one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. I would definately recommend buying Mass Effect 2, and start saving for RDR.

I'd second this. Since you've already played the first one, you might as well launch into the sequel. Perhaps while you're saving $$ for RDR you can also save some for its prequel and get them together later this year.

Archived