Home

Red Dead Redemption

leXX

I haven't seen too much of the horse animation in RDR, so I don't know how good they are - but the little bits I have seen looked pretty good.

From what I've seen in the all the videos so far, they look pretty damn amazing. They spent a lot of time getting them as accurate as possible.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may want to look at the history of Bill Pickett, Jesse Stahl and the Buffalo Soldier. There were a few cowboys of African-American decent after the Civil War.

cheers mimartin :) I did know about Pickett, and anyone that has listened to Bob Marley will know about the Buffalo Soldier.

Stahl is a newie though... *googles*

Rebellious Slaves FTW :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

They need to replace the horses with the ones from Oblivion. Man, those were the real deal. ...

They had a jump button and they'd go *neigh!*

But yeah, seriously. This game looks awesome. May be the first game to pull me away from Bad Company 2 for more than 10 minutes... Other than the wonderful Deadly Premonition.

@GTA>LMAO. I will quite readily admit. Even after all my decades of study, work and travel, no two more kindred souls I have ever encountered than those two :violin:;)

@TiE23> whoa! Long time no see man! Make sure you take off your swamp sodden raincoat before you sit on the outlander loveseats/beanbags ;)

mtfbwya

I wasn't really following this game at first, but I've watched a few trailers and I can't wait to play it now, I think my roommate's buying it for sure though, so I don't even have to :)

I absolutely loved red dead revolver as a kid; my friend and I would play it over and over again.

Anyhow, I simply can't decide if I want this game on 360 or PS3. PS3 has hdmi and more friends, but 360 has a better controller and I'm assuming better framerate/textures. This just seems like one of those games where the devs end up struggling with the PS3 version.

^^

Rumor is the PS3 version is inferior to the 360 version, but reviewers don't even have their review copy yet so it's just heresay at this point. I don't really get why it would be inferior it's based on the same game engine that GTA IV used and that game was pretty much equal on both platforms... who knows. Also Dualshock pwns the 360 controller, you're on crack, yo.

Well you'd think if any multi-platform title was going to get a decent PS3 version it would be a game by Rockstar, seeing as they are unashamed Sony fanboys. I'm pretty sure the 360 version is a port of the PS3 version (that was the case for GTA4 anyway), so it's unlikely to be technically superior, but to be honest 95% of the userbase wouldn't be able to tell the difference between two ports of any multi-platform game anyway.

As far as HDMI goes, all the recent 360s should have it, but you aren't going to be gaining much as far as games go. Both the 360 and PS3 upscale all games from 720 (I'm not counting "arcade" stuff), and half of them aren't even that high as neither system has enough grunt. If you had to run over component video you aren't going to be suffering, especially if you leave the upscaling to the TV.

Also Dualshock pwns the 360 controller, you're on crack, yo.

I completely disagree, I much prefer the 360 controller.

I'll be getting it on 360 purely because Live is so much better than PSN, and I plan on playing alot of multiplayer.

Rockstar claims that the entire world will be twice the size of San Andreas, translating to each individual area of the map (there being about 6) being bigger than the entirety of Vice City. In total that places it around the size of FarCry 2's 30+ square miles, which is about the entire playable area of World of Warcraft's Azeroth.

For a size comparison, here is the map:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
rdrmap.jpg

And here is how that map sizes up:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
rdrm.jpg

Keep in mind that lake you're seeing in the bottom of the picture is only the small bay of the entire lake.

With the only means of travel being foot, horse, and the occasional train that makes this a mind bogglingly huge free roam map for what means of travel we have.

Game Informer- 9.75/10

GamesTM- 9/10

I hope for the sake of mischief you are allowed to throw stuff like dead raccoons and shovel-fulls of manure at people. That would just be awesome. Like a GTA sort of comic mischief you can get off into by just being a jackass, but in an age where there are no cars or modern things. I really do hope to fling dead raccoons and crap at people in the game.

Archived