Home

Curse of Monkey Island (Classic Edition)

they would be wasting their time. if nothing else i am helping lucasarts

by reinvigorating the fans to want to play the old games and therefore

spending money on the new games. besides its not like they are loosing any money by me making this. they have made all the money there is to be made on CMI. they don't even sell CMI anymore. i could understand them suing me or telling me to stop if i was selling this. but i'm not. its just for fun.

Unfortunately it's not up to you. It's up to them. It's inevitable that COMI will be on Steam, perhaps this summer alongside MI2:SE. At that point you will be shut down fast, depending on how much sway the marketing and law guys have at LucasArts - and without a president, that's quite a lot. Hell, they shut down their own games last two times they lost a president, they won't hesitate to send you a Cease & Desist.

On a more positive note, leave out the voices. We want old-skool, and that means text-only. We already know what Guybrush sounds like, now we want to see what MI3 would've been like before the CD-ROM was invented.

Besides, the further you get away from the official CMI the more chance LucasArts won't stop you. You rip the voices directly from their game and they'll take offense.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately it's not up to you. It's up to them. It's inevitable that COMI will be on Steam, perhaps this summer alongside MI2:SE. At that point you will be shut down fast, depending on how much sway the marketing and law guys have at LucasArts - and without a president, that's quite a lot. Hell, they shut down their own games last two times they lost a president, they won't hesitate to send you a Cease & Desist.

On a more positive note, leave out the voices. We want old-skool, and that means text-only. We already know what Guybrush sounds like, now we want to see what MI3 would've been like before the CD-ROM was invented.

Besides, the further you get away from the official CMI the more chance LucasArts won't stop you. You rip the voices directly from their game and they'll take offense.

well i guess until then i will have to just have fun

if it happens it happens

that doesn't mean i can't still work on it for my own enjoyment

it just means that i won't be able to share it with you all

which is a shame

but oh well

as far as leaving the voices out, i have decided to go with that

i think that is the best route to go

also it is a lot more work to add the voices in

and if there is anyone willing to start in on the backgrounds for outside the ship

and the cannon view that would be great

i am currently working on the dialog between Guybrush and "Bloodnose" aka Wally

there is so much conversation there it is ridiculous.

any way

just thought i would update you all:thmbup1:

well i guess until then i will have to just have fun

if it happens it happens

that doesn't mean i can't still work on it for my own enjoyment

Yeah! And if there should be some problem, you could always change all the names of the characters and the name of the game.

I hope you will share it with us when you make progress, though!

It's extremely unlikely (though not impossible) that LucasArts will send a C&D for a project like this, and you can do whatever you like until that happens (and it probably won't).

The recent images look awesome!

I hope you will share it with us when you make progress, though!

It's extremely unlikely (though not impossible) that LucasArts will send a C&D for a project like this, and you can do whatever you like until that happens (and it probably won't).

The recent images look awesome!

yeah i'm not that worried about it

yet another update!

i am 95% finished with the dialog between wally and guybrush

once that is finished there are a few extra animations i want to throw in there

and then i will be completely finished with this one room

i will then be moving on to the outside of the ship and the cannon view

but once i finish the dialog and the animations for this room i will be posting an update to the demo

i will also be posting the new demo to the ags forums and asking for help

so that i can get more of this monster of a game done and at a quicker pace.

There's a little bug in the demo: Guybrush seems to walk through the cannon instead of walking around it.

yeah this will be fixed in the next version

which by the way is coming along

should be done midweek or so.

i was out of town this weekend and didnt get to work on it at all

So cool! It's great! I love your animations as well. Excellent work. The only thing is the game seems to hang after I get Wally to "snap out of it". There's still a black space at the bottom as if I'm still in a conversation but there are no dialogue options. Also the verb GUI doesn't come back (obviously) and I can't walk anywhere or do anything after that. Still, it got the point across. I love it. Nice work, man. Looking forward to future demos!

So cool! It's great! I love your animations as well. Excellent work. The only thing is the game seems to hang after I get Wally to "snap out of it". There's still a black space at the bottom as if I'm still in a conversation but there are no dialogue options. Also the verb GUI doesn't come back (obviously) and I can't walk anywhere or do anything after that. Still, it got the point across. I love it. Nice work, man. Looking forward to future demos!

*updated...again ;)

i fixed this and added some other new stuff

for the most part this first room is done

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203368

have fun guys

Archived