Home

Curse of Monkey Island (Classic Edition)

I'm currently working on some music for the demo. I've started with the theme song, but if you'd rather I wait to finish that and work on the room music, I could do that instead. I just figured I could start with the theme because I already know it pretty well, and can finish it fairly quickly, but I could switch to doing the music in the opening scene, and get back to the theme later.

What do you think I should do first?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooh! A new screen, awesome! I'm going to download now, even if it is 11:00 at night :).

Edit: Well, after playing, I can honestly say that it was worth the slightly longer wait. The exterior of the ship looks nice, you've done a great job of Murray, and there are some good little pieces of dialogue that weren't in the original game. Only a couple of little niggles, though:

- 'Guards' is still spelled 'gaurds'

- After going outside, and then coming back in, Wally is standing up again. I'm guessing this wasn't intentional?

Apart from these, I have nothing bad to say. Great job and keep up the good work.

what had you completed when you noticed that wally was sanding up again?

what had you completed when you noticed that wally was sanding up again?

I had:

1. Picked up the ramrod (this was the very first thing that I did)

2. Talked to Wally and made him cry

3. Picked up his hook

4. Walked outside

5. Used the hook on the ramrod

6. Used the gaff to pick up the skeleton arm

7. Walked back inside

And when I walked back in, he was standing up. When I tried to interact with him, Guybrush gave the normal responses that he would have if Wally was on the ground. The only difference was that Wally wasn't in the correct position (the correct position being on the ground, of course).

I'm currently working on some music for the demo. I've started with the theme song, but if you'd rather I wait to finish that and work on the room music, I could do that instead. I just figured I could start with the theme because I already know it pretty well, and can finish it fairly quickly, but I could switch to doing the music in the opening scene, and get back to the theme later.

What do you think I should do first?

i am really looking forward to hearing what you got

can't wait

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, perhaps just put in an animation of Guybrush shooting the cannon 4 or 5 times.

However, if you've already drawn the scene/shot, then it would be a waste not to use it, and in which case you should probably find a way to make the cannon game work.

But, if not (if you haven't drawn up the shot yet), then I agree that you should probably just scrap it, and as I said, just put in an animation of Guybrush shooting the cannon from inside the ship.

my thoughts were that i could still do it but instead of if being a first person thing, when you click on the cannon it shows an animation of guybrush pulling the rope to fire, then showing a side view animation outside the ship showing the cannon firing and depending on how many times you pull determines what happens.

my thoughts were that i could still do it but instead of if being a first person thing, when you click on the cannon it shows an animation of guybrush pulling the rope to fire, then showing a side view animation outside the ship showing the cannon firing and depending on how many times you pull determines what happens.

Yeah, that would work fine. But make sure that you have Guybrush make a comment or something to let the player know that he is intending to shoot the skeletons in the longboats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

okay, this is a testament to a few months of work

sorry it took so long

but i would say i am like 95% done with this demo

now i am gonna need those sfx and music

it is an exe so dont be afraid

i just decided to make a custom installer for it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2xp192d9d9gr5nq/CMIOE%20v0.0.1.0%20beta.exe

no screens as of yet

but soon

So sorry if this has been addressed cause I skipped to the end. I am really digging this project and would like to lend my abilities to it. I'll be up front about my time being pretty thin due to school and freelance work, but I would love to help with some of the background art.

So sorry if this has been addressed cause I skipped to the end. I am really digging this project and would like to lend my abilities to it. I'll be up front about my time being pretty thin due to school and freelance work, but I would love to help with some of the background art.

yeah i would totally welcome the help

the next thing i am going to need backgrounds for are some of the opening cutscenes

and then the treasure room

if you just wanna start on something that i haven't already done that would be awesome

thanx

i think i am ready for the music now

i need midis to these:

i am gonna try to do some of these myself

i just dont know what programs to use to do this

yeah i would totally welcome the help

the next thing i am going to need backgrounds for are some of the opening cutscenes

and then the treasure room

if you just wanna start on something that i haven't already done that would be awesome

thanx

Cool man I'll get cracking once my finals are over.

Archived