Home

Curse of Monkey Island (Classic Edition)

In the opening scene when Guybrush is talking about LeChuck, there's a typo. It says "is" instead of "his". Also, I recall when trying to talk to the hook in the original game, Guybrush says something like "It's not a toothpick", and also in the original, you could try to give Murray back his arm, or have you just not gotten that far yet? Anywho, keep up the most excellent work :thmbup1:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the opening scene when Guybrush is talking about LeChuck, there's a typo. It says "is" instead of "his". Also, I recall when trying to talk to the hook in the original game, Guybrush says something like "It's not a toothpick", and also in the original, you could try to give Murray back his arm, or have you just not gotten that far yet? Anywho, keep up the most excellent work :thmbup1:

Yeah, I haven't gotten to that yet, I am defiantly working towards it though. My time has been somewhat divided here of late, so progress is kind of slow. Though all of the encouragement helps.

@MusiclyInspired: how is the music coming along?

@Alex IDV: I am most definitely using your version of the bumper car in the next release!

Man, I am totally pumped for the final release of this project. I would really love to help, but unfortunately I can't really do sprites, or music or anything. :(

Oh well, I'll just be here for moral support ;)

Keep up the bodacious work :thmbup1:

Man, I am totally pumped for the final release of this project. I would really love to help, but unfortunately I can't really do sprites, or music or anything. :(

Oh well, I'll just be here for moral support ;)

Keep up the bodacious work :thmbup1:

well even if you just know some one that can help that would be great!!

spread the word!!!!!

I am very interested in this. I was kind of here at the beginning, then I guess I forgot about the game! I can't do much on the ways of music, but I can make some sprites in my free time. I would like to devote most of my time to bug testing and consistency checking.

I am very interested in this. I was kind of here at the beginning, then I guess I forgot about the game! I can't do much on the ways of music, but I can make some sprites in my free time. I would like to devote most of my time to bug testing and consistency checking.

yeah for sure!!

BTW

this is the repaint i did on the bumper car sprite

Guy2.png

It needs more contrast. The way you made it, the shading is too hard to see, making it seem flat. Also, I don't think you need that many shades of red - if you check out the Guybrush sprite, for instance, you can see that he's only got about three shades per color.

not sure what you mean by contrast?

I just read that you're not going to be doing the entire game. That's a sad thing to hear. If you keep this project as a spare time project it can totally be possible to do the entire game. Fangames don't have to have deadlines to finish. Still, if you're resolute about your decision than I'm sorry to see this end. Perhaps you can leave the source online for someone else to pick up?

What? You're not doing the whole thing?!?!?! :cry6: That's the worst news I've heard since JFK got shot! Oh well... I'll get over it. Any-who, you've done a most excellent job on this. Thank you so much. :(

well i always kinda planned on just doing the first part of the game, but i will probably work on it on and off in the future. i just have a few other projects that i would like to work on and i don't think that i will be able to fully dedicate my time to this game. lets just say that it will be put on hold indefinitely and that there is a strong possibility that i might pick it up again some time in the future. i still have a few things that i need to do to it until i am putting it on hold though. also there is a good chance that i will make the source folder available to you guys if some body here wants to continue my work...

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I've been a bit busy. Anyway, if it still could help, here are the .band files for the main theme and LeChuck's hold. The numbers on the track names are because I'm using one soundfont for every instrument except for percussion, and when you close the file and re-open it reverts to instrument 0, so you have to go to each track and punch in the respective number on your keyboard so you don't have an army of pianos.

Actually, now that I know you're not planning on doing the whole thing, getting MT-32 tracks for you doesn't seem like such a daunting task anymore. How much of the game are you intending on doing anyway?

Nexusle, this is an AGS game which, right now, isn't cross-platform (though there are ways to port it to Mac, but definitely not ScummVM).

Actually, now that I know you're not planning on doing the whole thing, getting MT-32 tracks for you doesn't seem like such a daunting task anymore. How much of the game are you intending on doing anyway?

Nexusle, this is an AGS game which, right now, isn't cross-platform (though there are ways to port it to Mac, but definitely not ScummVM).

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2758150&postcount=247

Archived