Home

The Mojo X Development Diaries

Gabez

header.png

Day 1: Today we have begun work on a new version of Mixnmojo, dubbed "Mojo X." Blueprints have already been designed, and we optimistically predict that the site will be ready by Christmas.

Day 4: Speedy progress. The first block of HTML has been laid. Spaff visited us on IRC, where he made a rousing speech about what we were doing. We all listened to the aged veteran in awe.

Day 12: Site is functional. Jake doesn't like design.

Day 14: Letter received from attorneys of Mr. Rodkin refusing permission to use name 'International House of Mojo'.

Day 52: Another new version of the site, with Jake's approval, has been designed.

Day 240: Jake Rodkin and Spaff have left, wanting to start a new site.

Day 678: New logo. Arguments amongst staff.

Day 680: New logo dropped.

Day 681: Arguments about old logo.

Day 985: One week of arguments continue to rage. It is discovered that elTee and zaarin actually agree with each other all along.

Day 1095: Staff celebrate third year of project. Jake arrives late, but with champagne.

Day 1096: Staff awaken to find that Gabez fell asleep on the keyboard, and the code has been deleted. Zaarin quits.

Day 1575: We have opened up Spaff's tomb and work has begun exhuming his body. When we approached the final burial chamber, however, a thick gas seeped out from the walls, and a faint wailing could be heard. We have decided to retreat for the night and rest in our camp. I am on first watch...

Day 1578: I have found something disturbing in the CSS file. The RSS div is... wrong. Unatural. I have asked the priest, Brother Zaarin, to perform an exorcism tonight. I pray it all goes according to plan. I have heard more howling from Spaff's tomb these past three nights.

Day 2074: ElTee is mysteriously deleted from the database.

Day 2134: Idle Thumbs closes after five glorious years. Gabez has fixed the column width on gallery 199.

Day 2973: Gabez has plugged himself into the site in an attempt to co-ordinate all the changes. He has assured everyone that this will make things much more organised.

Day 2976: A power fault exploded the wires connecting Gabez to the database. We believed him to have perished in the inferno, but a few hours later we noticed the database speaking to us in Gabez's idiom. It seems that he has merged with the web-site and given it a sentient consciousness.

Day 3023: Zaarin wastes a week teaching the Mojo PHP how to love. The PHP decides it loves to delete parts of the site.

Day 3024: Work begins on rebuilding the site from scratch. A tense meeting follows with our board of investors.

Day 3055: Mojo 9 has died in a storm of hackery and old age. Is this the end of everything?

Day 3056: Mojo X is made at great expense and at the last minute. It rises, coincidentally, on Easter day.

(Written by elTee and Gabez)

How about a semi less fanciful version? I still never really bought any of it. Other than maybe some of the code making stuff look ugly. I mean, Brazilian hackers that use free ASCII art generators to do their art work? Thats the opposite of l33t.

Browsing Mojo X is like breathing gold (in the sense that it's really pleasant as opposed to intoxicating to the point of death).

Or both!

I assume it will return once the old news database is integrated into the site.

I don't think we're going to see it again, but that's fine by me. The thing I miss is the "International House of" bit in the title. But yes, that's absurdly minor.

Hopefully it will grow on you - we explored so many different ideas over the years, and this one was far from my favourite when it came up, but I hold my hands up now and say "I was wrong." I think queztone has taken us in a bold new direction, that both acknowledges our heritage and looks to the future - a bright future, thanks to Mr. Rodriguez and the folks at Telltale.

Archived