Home

New Star Wars Animated Comedy Series Announced

Astrotoy7

I'm also interested, although I was expecting a much different announcement about another animated series. I had heard rumors that a series based on the "Galactic Heroes" action figures/toys was imminent, similar to the marvel show that's on TV right now. I was looking forward to that as I have a 3-year old that plays with Galactic Heroes roughly 8 hours a day. He really would have enjoyed that (and I would have as well).

That being said, this does sound really interesting to me. I'll eat it up like I do anything else SW-related.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also interested, although I was expecting a much different announcement about another animated series. I had heard rumors that a series based on the "Galactic Heroes" action figures/toys was imminent, similar to the marvel show that's on TV right now.

That's in the works too apparently. I wonder how many adult fanboys are going to proclaim their childhood is being raped by that one :(

At least there should be no confusion about target audience, or complexity of the animation :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

That's in the works too apparently. I wonder how many adult fanboys are going to proclaim their childhood is being raped by that one :(

haha, so true.

I heard the working title for this one is called "Squishies". That conjures a mental image of GL in my head not having any idea that they are called "Galactic Heroes" and barking commands to make a show about those "Squishies".

Yup. Calm.

yeah, that image in the background - the dude with the big hat and really bloodshot eyes - that's just a photo of Dave from earlier that day.

Straight after the interview he went straight to 7-11 to avail himself of various foodstuffs. ;)

mtfbwya

I'm actually pretty intrigued with this idea...I really like seth green's work in just about everything, so I'll wait for further judgment.

Same here. Especially since it involves Seth Green and Matthew Senreich.

It's at least worth a shot. If I don't like it, I'll change the channel ;)

After reading more about this, I'm pretty sure the target audience is going to be pre-school kiddos. It sounds like it is the "Squishies" show referenced before.

However, the addition of Green and Senreich makes it seem like there will be some adult humor infused that will entertain older crowds too. I'm excited for this regardless of the intended audience.

After reading more about this, I'm pretty sure the target audience is going to be pre-school kiddos. It sounds like it is the "Squishies" show referenced before.

If it is pre-School target I will sever myself from star wars all together, I cannot Deal with another TCW, its laughable at best.

If it is pre-School target I will sever myself from star wars all together, I cannot Deal with another TCW, its laughable at best.

What do you mean with "another TCW"? As if it's the same thing... :dozey:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that this series isn't the so called "Squishies". They mentioned it was for all audiences, not aimed at pre-school kids.

Please leave out the "Dozey" emote Kid, When I say Another TCW I mean another Cartoon for Kids I wont like, not like its gonna be called "Another TCW"

What dozey emote kid? Comparing TCW with a pre-school cartoon for no good reason doesn't make any sense. That why I asked why did you said "another TCW".

You put a " :dozey:" after referring to me, do you take my opinion on TCW as a personal remark at you? because you seem to be annoyed.

Another TCW just means a similar type of thing to TCW, thats all, I wasn't saying it will be, simply that it would suck if it was. and please I don't want to keep arguing with you... you know how I feel about it so insulting me or trying to disprove every post I make will just clutter the threads and mamma Jae will prune us.

I agree with adam, if this turns out to be some kiddy kiddy comedy I am going to laugh and never watch another Star Wars Movie or Show again. TCW actually wasn't too bad, but it isn't the best. Recently their new episode seriously mirrors King Kong and Godzilla, I bet they have run out of ideas.

Couldn't be more excited about this, the SW Robot Chicken was the funniest SW comedy bit I've ever seen (I goddamn HATE those Family Guy ones, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but they're lame, and so is Family Guy), if you've played Mass Effect and seen some Robot Chicken you know Seth Green's involvement is going to be legendary...

Archived