Alexrd

What's your favourite faction?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite faction?

• Galactic Republic
    • CIS
    • Rebel Alliance
    • Galactic Empire

I started to play BFII online again, and one time, while choosing faction, it was almost like a race to be at one side. So, I decided to ask which faction do you like to play the most.

I've made the votes public, and you may select more than one option. One for each era.

For me, it depends on the map, but usually CIS and Empire. CIS because of the droid health-type, and Empire because the scout trooper is the core of pimpness.

I agree with you that many times, it depends on the map, but I try to never play as CIS online. The only thing I like about it are the heroes, and those are somewhat hard to get while playing online...

The MangaGuard, although one of the cheapest characters, is a stud. Don't care anything about the Droideka. I prefer the SBD because of both its Tri-Shot and the Wrist Rockets. The Tri-Shot can be a shotgun at close range, although it has a limit of three consecutive shots before overheating.

You mean the spam maps? The fact that they're so popular is the reason that I don't play online so much anymore. You can't walk ten meters without either catching a rocket, getting the damage splash from a mine, or having to roll away from a nade.

• 2 weeks later...
Why Rebels, Trip?

I usually play in third person and that reb sniper has the cutest butt. :p

Actually, I just enjoy playing rebels more. Same with CIS. Both these factions seem to blend better into the background of maps as well. Not all the time of course but generally. Troopers don't blend into anything but snow maps. I also enjoy shooting down the JT's and DT's. It's like shooting Peter Pan down from the sky. :p

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Having thought about it a bit more, I would have to say that, although CIS and Empire are my preferred teams, it also depends on which map is being played. Particularly with the CIS, because despite what the other team says, not all maps are even. So for me, they're not so much a favorite as a preference.

I think I never said here the factions I voted for neither why did I chose them.

Well, I voted for Republic because it seems to be the most well balanced of the four, even though there is nothing that stands out on it. Well, maybe the jetpack.

I also voted for the Empire for the same reasons. And because I never liked the Bothan Spy and Wookiee Warrior. :D

Yeah, I don't much like the Rebels' special classes, either. But someone who knows how to use a Wookiee Warrior properly can wreak havoc in close-quarters maps.

Indeed. And that only makes me hate them more online.

When I have to be rebel, I'm usually a sniper (or normal soldier on corridor maps).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived