Home

Kotor/TSL widescreen?

N-5/Prudii

• 2 weeks later...

the instructions on the site are pretty clear, the only problem I had with it is that my laptop's native resolutions do not match any of their widescreen res i.e. the lowest supported widescreen res is 1440x900, while my highest native res is 1366x768.

Furthurmore, 1366x768 in itself is a special case because this resolution is technically a supported widescreen resolution, but in this resolution, the black box at the bottom of the screen during conversations is less than 100 pixels high. This is a problem because the game has it hardcoded so that whenever the text box gets less than 100 pixels high, the conversation options don't show, effectively making the game unplayable.

Now the site offers the solution of creating a custom res of 1530x864 and downscaling it to fit the monitor.

This is where I'm stuck. How exactly do you do that? I did some research and found a program called Powerstrip that lets you create your own custom res for your monitor. But if you can create a custom res of your choice why does it have to be 1530x864? Wouldn't the lower resolution of 1440x900 fit better?

Anyways, I'm playing with powerstrip now, will update when I get something.

Archived