Home

EMI PS2 -> Windows

Gannet

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EMI Viewer 2.6

I've dug out my PS2 copy of EMI and its a German PAL version. I can upload some files if you need to compare.

Thanks heaps, that's great a little app :)

I've got English NTSC. If you (or anyone else) see anything much different between mine and yours then it'd be great if you could upload them. Note there are art files in the root of the disc and also in subfolders by island - they seem quite redundant so I'm not sure which the game actually uses. I've found copies of guy.meshb in artall, melee/cdt and melee/wed.

Confirmed - it is VAG. Play it back with something like MFAudio. You'll need to strip the headers from the .scx file first (up to the VAGp header)

Ah, thanks. I had worked out that MFAudio could play them if I manually set the frequency and channels - didn't realise there was an extra header I needed to remove to make it work automatically. Anyway, the voices don't sound any different to me so I'll put that one to rest for now.

The guy.meshb is identical, at first glance it doesn't look like anything is particularly different. I don't imagine that any of the assets apart from the text will have been changed.

Thanks for sending me your .exe, unfortunately i still get dont get the backgrounds blacked out for videos. Perhaps its somehow dependant on graphics card drivers.

I've updated EMI Launcher again so that it lets you play in windowed mode if you're using a higher resolution (link is the same as that above). If anyone can, I'd still appreciate some suggestions for what the 'built-in' resolutions in the drop-down list should be.

Sadly not I think. I tried patching Grim into a higher resolution years ago. I think I've deleted the screenshot from my site but essentially - Manny could move around in the larger window - but the backgrounds didnt scale up and we're just shown in a 640x480 window in the corner.

The guy.meshb is identical, at first glance it doesn't look like anything is particularly different. I don't imagine that any of the assets apart from the text will have been changed.

Hm, thanks. Did you notice when playing if the models are smooth or not?

Anyone else who has the PS2 version, let me know :)

Here's a quick list of some common resolutions...

5:4

1280x1024

4:3 (not very common at all now but I think these two at least are important)

1024x768

1280x960

16:10

1280x800

1440x900

1680x1050

1920x1200

16:9

1366x768

1920x1080

Personally I would never use a ratio other than 4:3 because I hate stretching ;)

Does anyone know who made luadump?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right now I'm trying to update the installer to stop the issue where it hangs when iterating through the drives.

If anyone has the problem where the installer just hangs when it loads please contact me - I need to test a fix with you and I cant reproduce the problem myself.

I'm nearly done making changes to the installer but I'm still confused by your version of EMI. As far as I know V1.1 is the latest release and that version is the last patch that Lucasarts released. It would seem that you have some unknown version - not just the game with the patch slipstreamed but a version beyond that.

Just to clarify (and to record it here for anyone else in the future):

You have the English version of EMI

Its an official genuine release

The readme identifies it as v1.2 of EMI (and ingame in the gee-whiz screen)

Your version includes patch.m4b and secrets.m4b

If possible can you send me secrets.m4b, monkey4.exe and the readme? I'm particularly interested in secrets.m4b - your dir listing shows it to be an 8 byte file - but it doesn't exist in my EMI - either patched or unpatched.

This is off topic but I just found this really odd screenshot. Um, how do you get there?

That looks like the section of the dock that was cut out of the main game... the only time Guybrush is ever there in the final thing is at the very beginning, and he's not player-controlled at that point.

I'd have to assume this comes from a pre-release version or from some form of photoshopping. *shrugs*

Archived