Home

Whedonites... err Avengers Assemble!

ChAiNz.2da

Joss Whedon, creator of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly" and "Dollhouse," not to mention one of the biggest geek icons in Hollywood, has been tapped to direct the "Avengers" movie, Variety reports
Source

Not sure how many of you AHTO-nuts are in to super heroes (or their movies).. but I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of Joss Whedon, or watched one of his creations (be it voluntarily or happenstance). ;)

Not really sure what I think of the news. While I'm sure he could do a great job, I can only wonder if some of his quirks should slip in the movie and really throw the target audience of kilter. Nothing worse than a nerd-raged mob :lol:

seems the article hit on it too ;)

What's left to determine? How closely will this movie adhere to some of Whedon's signatures: Will the Mighty Thor burst into song, a la "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?" Will one or more major characters get killed out of nowhere in the last third of the movie?

I also read that he'll be perusing at the Captain America script.

It was a shame Dollhouse got sliced, it had really come along nicely by the middle of season 1. Gone are the days where Networks let series grow for a couple of seasons.

Bugger the superheroes and British mod superspies, Joss needs to get back into Space I reckonz.

mtfbwya

I'm not going to say anything about my predictions because whether they are good or bad...it always turns out bad. Like my intentions are the grim reaper.

I do hope, regardless my predictions, that either this is the greatest marvel superhero film ever, or it just never happens at all.

Usually I don't really care about superheroes, especially Marvel ones. I haven't even watched Iron Man yet. Even so, I am a clinically diagnosed Whedonite who will see this movie--- and like it. And they had better cast Amy Acker in it or I might do something drastic like watching it the day after release day.

I'm just glad Bryan Singer has nothing to do with it...

I haven't even watched Iron Man yet.

Wtf? Why are u still here? Go watch it! Now! Stop Reading this and go buy it right now or I'll come down to wherever u are and open a can of whoopass!!!

Seriously, watch it!

Now!

And they had better cast Amy Acker in it...

I second this. Oh, how I second this!

I don't really know anything about the Avengers, but I loves me some Amy Acker. I don't know what role she should play, but she better not have a scared up face! That's why Dollhouse flopped! Seriously, that's the only reason. If her face was the normal, cute Fred face, the show would be in it's tenth season by now with a big screen movie in the works. Don't do the math, just accept, it's called faith. In this case, it is also axiomatic. If you think about it it will just hurt your head.

I haven't even watched Iron Man yet.

Me too. This is because we are too busy chillin' in our hot rides with the ladiez, isnt that right SD? :thmbup1:

I want the feathery ones :D Save on fuel costs

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
normal_girls_and_cars_003.jpg

OT:

Cool little interview with Samuel L Jackson about his involvement in the Avengers (source: SciFiWire)

mtfbwya

Archived