Home

Worth $20?

Oh it's definitely worth it if you're a Schafer fan — even at full price.

The game does have some issues when it comes to gameplay (although I enjoyed most of it being a big RTS fan), but the world, story, characters and atmosphere are truly excellent as you'd expect from a Schafer game.

It didn't have the same deep impact on me that Schafer's previous work did, but I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game and already am kind of nostalgic about it (Weird!).

I agree, go for it at that price. I bought the game at release, and I enjoyed it up till the point I stopped playing -

I couldn't beat the battle against Ophelia after like 4-5 tries, I'd always get to the same point where you have to use the huge tank thing on those pillars, and then she'd just destroy my entire army. And then I haven't gone back to try it on easier difficulty, because I think it's ridiculous that I can't beat it on normal.

Maybe I'm just bad at games. (that bit wasn't really helpful for you but just for anyone else who's beat it) But I loved everything about the game, except the gameplay. Well, certain parts of it - I loved driving around in my car. The world is amazing, the characters are well written with great voice acting, and the overall atmosphere is just great. Kind of too bad it did have gameplay issues since otherwise it would be fantastic.

This is the best game I played in years and years. And I'm not playing another console RTS unless it's as good as Brutal Legend.

The problem is that Double Fine always meant for it to be a multiplayer game. EA had the brilliant idea of marketing it as a single player game.

That shouldn't suggest it was a secret. There are PLENTY of multiplayer videos. But if you want to get the most out of Brutal Legend, multiplayer is where it's at.

If you are having trouble with that part, make sure you collected all the guitar solos, and when the tower goes down, cast Bring it On Home, Light of Dawn, and everything you possibly can.

See the thread on my multiplayer guide for help as well.

Archived