Home

Sith Warrior or Sith Inquisitor, which would *you* be?

Darth Avlectus

Thanks for your cue, good man.

P.S. somebody should make this thread for the Sith classes. :p

So, what appeals to you more? Being the archetypal bad guy enforcer "Tank", or being the one paying the brutes "Business Dealer"?

Unsure if I'd join in the festivities, not that I'd still have anything for or against the MMO, mind you.

As I have heard it time and time again, you can either be your own Darth Vader, or your own Emperor Palpatine... or whatever other anology you'd like to give it.

I favored the brutes in KOTOR I and II. However, I might just go for a different class just b/c I want to see truly how far the developers cared for the stories, game plays and what have you besides jedi and sith. A macgyver of sorts, a sort of "secret agent" intrigue. (Like some pissed off FBI guy).Like some Wilhuff Tarkin, but out in the field. Yet still, I'd want some kind of combat stats other than an office worker. >_>

Not at all sure what if anything I'd do with. Probably try everything at least once.

What about you? A Sith Warrior blazing a trail wherever you go? An inquisitor twisting minds and loyalties, making deals anywhere. It really is a kind of interesting choice.

I also stuck with the brutes in K1 and K2, but that's because the story was the same no matter which character class you chose. I like wielding a lightsaber so I favored the melee classes.

However, since the story is different for each class in TOR, I am going to go with the Sith Inquisitor. Just at first glance it sounds much more interesting to me. Hunting down ancient Sith treasures, having an apprentice, etc; plus I truly don't know at this point whether I want to try to make light-side choices as an inquisitor or stay on the dark path. It will really be on a case-by-case basis and that sounds exciting to me.

Neither of those two Sith classes appeals to me at this moment, but if I had to choose, I'd be an Inquisitor, for story purposes. The Sith Warrior seems to be the grunt-type who does the dirty and straightforward kind of jobs for the Empire, while the Inquisitor gets a certain amount of freedom to deal with problems their own way, often using alternative ways.

Not as interested in the Sith classes as I am the Jedi, so it's sort of a toss-up for me. But if I did want to play one of them, I'd probably go with Inquisitor, for the same reasons Miltiades said above, story. While Sith Warrior is a much more iconic role I think, from the looks of things the Inquisitor will have a much more interesting story. If I knew more about the Warrior's story, and it looked as good as the Inquisitor's, I'd pick warrior.

• 1 month later...

I'm torn on this one. I'll most definitely end up playing an empire aligned class whatever I pick, at least to start, because my RL friends are absolutely rolling Imperials. I don't really care for the agent and bounty hunter, so that leaves Warrior/Inquisitor. I love the idea of a Sith Warrior wading through bodies of my enemies, but I also like the idea of besting my opponents because I understand more than they do. Because I know things they don't. Because I can manipulate them in such a way as to confound them. Hmm. I think talking this over has helped me make my decision. LOL Inquisitor it is!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd go sith warrior unless BW pigeon-holes me into dual wielding (which seems to be the case so far). If I can use one saber and deal damage through powerful, yet slower, blows; I'd go sith warrior. If I'm forced to sport the putrid two saber style, then I'll go inquisitor or neither maybe.

I've always preferred the more political, manipulative classes in RPGs - like the Consular in KotOR and the Ventrue in VtM:B. Thus, if I eventually get this game, I have every intention of playing as the Sith Inquisitor.

• 9 months later...

id want it to be something like u start out as someone with the powers and build like starkiller, then maintain that character but make your way up the ranks like anakin would have if not injured in episode 3, like if he and padme ruled.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were to play a Sith Empire profession (I wont be) I'd probably be a Juggernaut first, they seem to fill a tanking/de-buff roll from what i can see, which is generally a good solo build in most MMO's.

• 2 years later...

I don't know why, but I originally chose the Inquisitor (maybe it's because I play a female character and am a sucker for long skirts?), and this one time I did a duel with a Warrior player while playing as my Inquisitor, and guess what? I beat him! :D

• 2 months later...

That feeling when you see a thread you don't remember you made. :p

Ok...well, playing as the inquisitor's class mirror, I can say it has been a blast so far as a first MMO experience albeit piggy backing on my roomie's acct.

Currently a lv 15 Jedi Consular > Shadow.

This specialization is really versatile. It has as much to do with up close combat as it does ranged with powers, and using wits and powers to influence situations, being the kind of head person looking at the larger picture of things.

I'm curently doing the Kinetic Combat, or I guess tanking route. It's a hard and thankless job for a role as I understand (thank you Noxxic and several guide vids) but if makes one popular enough to do reruns through flashpoints and collect rare items from it in a shorter period of time, hey, I'm cool.

Kind of odd being stealth and yet changing to tanking and being overt. I will put some points into DPS abilities once I reach certain numbers (beyond which is diminishing returns). That way I am adequately soaking up damage and holding aggro, or dealing some damage if/when need be.

Archived