Home

Cannot hear blaster fire

beasTer

Somewhere over the course of my campaign, I stopped being able to hear blaster fire. I have restarted the game, changed the audio settings on my desktop (from 5.1 to stereo and back), etc. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to restore those sounds without starting all over (the issue came up so long ago I don't even recall where to go back to in order to fix it. Heck I'm on the last level now... just getting old not knowing I'm being shot at until a laser hits me)

I purchased the game via Steam recently, in case it helps (so I'm assuming it is up to date).

To further clarify, I still hear my lightsaber slashing, and I even hear the enemies talking. Blaster-fire of any sort and some audio in cutscenes won't play (the explosions involved with killing an ATST or even an ATST landing)

I found the problem when I arrived at Raxus Prime (the second time) I lost all the sounds for:

1. Blaster Fire.

2. DMM sounds (glass, metal, etc.)

3. Some destruction sounds (ATST landings, ASTSs being destroyed).

So far, I haven't found a fix for it. I'm in communication with Aspyr about another issue, so I'm going to ask them about this one.

I found the problem when I arrived at Raxus Prime (the second time) I lost all the sounds for:

1. Blaster Fire.

2. DMM sounds (glass, metal, etc.)

3. Some destruction sounds (ATST landings, ASTSs being destroyed).

So far, I haven't found a fix for it. I'm in communication with Aspyr about another issue, so I'm going to ask them about this one.

I'm also having the same sound issue. Win7 x64 with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card.

Be sure to post back if you resolve the issue :D

On the up side my sound did return on a later level so that's a plus. Awfully weird missing that many sound FX though; feels like your ears are waterlogged.

Reloading back to imp Raxus bugged the sound again so it appears to be reproducible, at least on my system.

• 2 months later...

this one everyone says, check ur computer for viruses cause when i had a virus it would show up on mcaffe and i deleted it but it disabled a function on my sound card. make shure u have the 1.2 edition and update your drivers if it still doesnt work then reinstall (if your really that serious about it)

• 2 months later...

Archived