Home

TOR coming this Year after all??

adamqd

Well...what he said could be interpreted...he said debuting. As far as I know the game hasn't even begun Beta testing yet. They've been taking sign ups forever but I haven't seen anything that indicates the Beta testing has started.

Debuting could mean a first look or playable demo at E3 or something along those lines. I'm not sure I'd interpret what he said to mean the game would be released this year. The time line just seems too tight to me.

I don't see what else it could mean, it was announced in 2008, there may be beta, we have a website and updates, the only thing left to do that would be even linked to a debut would be the release... why would a beta test be a debut?

again I'm not even that interested whether it comes tomorrow or 2012, it comes out when it comes out, I'm patient, so I'm not grasping at straws for news, I just posted what I heard, you know, not wishful thinking... Debut to me says Release.

As others have stated, I also believe the release date will be (at the earliest) Spring of 2011, as we've been told.

In addition to what BioWare/EA has said about the targeted release date, I also think the 2011 release date makes sense because it would avoid competing with the surge of MMO players that will be focused on WOW Cataclysm Expansion Pack, which is expected to release in October of this year. Once the surge dies down TOR will pick up the WOW dropoffs that inevitably occur a few months after expansion pack releases.

I'm in no hurry for it to be released. I want LA to take their ever sweet time with it so it isn't a pile of crap.

Indeed...well..Bioware is no slouch but MMO is a new territory for them. I just hope EA has as little to do with this game as possible :)

In addition to what BioWare/EA has said about the targeted release date, I also think the 2011 release date makes sense because it would avoid competing with the surge of MMO players that will be focused on WOW Cataclysm Expansion Pack, which is expected to release in October of this year. Once the surge dies down TOR will pick up the WOW dropoffs that inevitably occur a few months after expansion pack releases.

Did you just imply that Blizzard is going to release something in a timely fashion, and that they would pass up the opportunity to screw with another game's release?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Not sure if its even news TBH, but I was under the impression that TOR was due no sooner than mid 2011... But I just Checked out a Podcast I listen to and Steve Sanweet said it would be dropping later this year, and he should know as he is Head Content Manager, and Fan relations at Lucas ...

Clicky (8:40)

Honestly, I can wait for a better product if it release in 2012. However, allot of the glitch will only be discovered when it goes live on a massive scale and then be addressed.

Also I hope they don't rip off their customer by offering some special class weapon/item or skill and then in a few month offer it to everyone. IE buy pre release and get a:

Bonus character slot: Grey Jedi!!

or

A customizable Millennium Falcon;

Archived