Home

Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC Aspyr Patch v 1.2

Nice to see they're still supporting the game...

This is a new patch for the PC version of the game. It is recommended for all PC users.

Changelist is as follows:

# Added Version number update in launcher.

# Rogue Jedi's tunic is now visible during gameplay.

# Emperor's arms are now visible during gameplay.

# Fixed parts of the "Dark Lord's Armor" from continually bouncing.

# DMM performance increase.

# General performance increase on all supported configurations.

Do you need both patches to get all the benefits? I see this patch is 414 mb.

Thank you for the info ,Zwier Zak,yeah ill have to try it for myself. I mean for me,the only problem i had was the memory leaks ,im playing for an hour or so and bam that slowdown would happen for no reason,but im also glad they decided to do another patch,i really didnt think they would do one.

After playing the whole game again with the new patch I must say I'm glad they made a new one. But some of the problems are still there.

Sound lags

Crashes when changing a costume

The Emperors hands still randomly vanish

Random crashes overall

So there is still room for 1.3

Well, be sure to make your complaints known to LucasArts and Aspyr media. Post on their forums and send them (civilized) email. Since it's been more than four months since the release, I imagine they may be pulling the plug on any further development at this time, unless customers continue to apply the pressure...

• 2 months later...

I'm considering whether to get TFU or Ultimate Sith Edition. The PC reviews stated most of the computers had performance difficulties even if they exceeded the system requirements.

Browsing these TFU forums showed me the patches for both those games. If there's anyone here who's got the patches for both, mind you, both games, I'd like to know if either game is worth getting. I don't know if the patches fixed the game well--and I don't want to buy TFU or Ultimate Sith Edition unless their fans here can swear that if I meet the game's requirements and get the patches, they'll run well.

Thanks for the input!

As far as the PC is concerned, there is only ONE GAME.

Star Wars: the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition.

The patches that are out, are for that version.

It's only the consoles that have both versions of the game on the same platform (at least in the case of the PS3 and Xbox360).

All "Ultimate Sith Edition" is, is The Force Unleashed, with some bonus content added (Tatooine, Hoth, Jedi Temple, and a bunch of alternate player models and costumes). "USE" is an extended version of "TFU" then.

And TFU 2 is coming to PC as well as the other platforms. It's a new game, a sequel, based on the same engine, with some improvements (we're told).

The thing about PC games is that there are so many combinations of hardware and software possible, that it's a little tricky to predict. Sometimes though, games just aren't done efficiently and no system will run them very well (though usually over time, even games that are taxing on hardware will become playable, though not before the company has lost a lot of money from frustrated customers!).

TFU:USE apparently is very playable on what were considered "high end" machines when it came out (I'm talking on the PC of course).

The downside to all versions of this game is that the Framerate is supposed to be capped at 30 Frames per second. So even if you have the fastest computer known to man, you can't get any more FPS than 30. I'm sure people are looking for a way around it, but other games, like Star Wars Battlefront, stuck you with that until an official patch removed it.

But in theory it should be possible to have TFU:USE run as well on the PC as it does the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Ok Kurgan....can you name some computer models or specs that should run TFU:USE more or less efficiently? It does sound like a better FPS rate won't come unless customers overwhelmingly demand one.

Because it sounds like a computer that came out last year or this year should run USE pretty decently with the patches installed.

Oh, and as a side note, TFU can be bought on Amazon for the PC if I don't want USE--but for all purposes, USE might be a better use of my money. Right?

And thanks for the input.

I think there's some misunderstanding here. There is ONLY ONE GAME ON THE PC, and it's "USE" ("Ultimate Sith Edition" which is just the subtitle of "the Force Unleashed").

If you ever see "The Force Unleashed" discussed for the PC, they're talking about USE, it's the same exact game. You can't get any other version for the PC, they're both the same product.

See, "The Force Unleashed" was a single player game released on a bunch of consoles in late 2008. A lot of PC gamers were upset it wasn't ported to the PC. So 1 year later it got ported to the PC, however at that time, the game was also re-released on the PS3 and Xbox360, identical to how it was before BUT with a few optional side missions added. In other words, it was the same single player experience, but you could play some more levels.

When the original Force Unleashed came out, the basic game had "DLC" (Down Loadable Content) that you had to pay for, but they were bonus levels and bonus skins for use in the single player game.

"USE" is just all the bonus features packaged up with the single player game.

There is no multiplayer (only the Wii version had that).

So if you buy TFU or USE for the PC, it's 100% identical. They are the same game, the same product. There's Only One! So you can stop worrying if one will run better than the other, because there's no "other" game to worry about.

Think of it like a movie. Let's say a movie comes out on VHS. Then let's say it comes out on DVD and it has some deleted scenes that you can watch after the movie. You might ask "where is the DVD version of the movie without the deleted scenes option?" but there isn't one. There's only the one DVD. And when you get the DVD you're watching the same movie as was on the VHS, so you're not missing anything. If you don't want the deleted scenes, don't watch them. Same way with the games.

Understand now, I hope?

Question #2:

As for which computers run the game well...

I can't say because I honestly don't know. My computer is from 2003, so it's way too underpowered to even attempt the game (which I don't yet own). I'm only going by what others have said and what information is available. Hardware (processor, RAM, video card, sound card, game controller) is not the only factor... there's also what drivers you have installed and what operating system.

A lot of games these days are requiring 2 gigs of ram, and some even require 4 gig. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, at least a gig is taken up by the OS alone, I'm told. Plus the game needs a ton of hard drive space (a ton, in my estimation... I remember when the top games only required maybe a gig of free space plus that much as a swap file, tops).

All I can say is, if you have the recommended system requirements, the latest stable drivers for your video card, sound card, etc. and the recommended controller(s), and sufficient disc space, you should be fine. If not, and problems happen, you should search the Tech support forum here, or go to LucasArts.com and check their support forum and Aspry media (who ported the game to the PC) and check with them. Anything else is beyond us.

If you don't experience any problems, you're lucky. It's not the end of the world if you do.

Ok Kurgan....can you name some computer models or specs that should run TFU:USE more or less efficiently? It does sound like a better FPS rate won't come unless customers overwhelmingly demand one.

Because it sounds like a computer that came out last year or this year should run USE pretty decently with the patches installed.

Oh, and as a side note, TFU can be bought on Amazon for the PC if I don't want USE--but for all purposes, USE might be a better use of my money. Right?

And thanks for the input.

You can get TFU darn cheap on steam these days. You will need a decent computer to play it:

Intel at 2.8 ghz or above i3 or better (maybe a core duo?) or equivalent AMD (phenom or athlon at 1.8 should do)

2 gigs of RAM

ATI: ATI Radeon HD 2600, 2900, 3650, 3690, 3850, 3870, 4550, 4650, 4770, 4850, 4870, 5890

NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce 8600, 8800, 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800, 250, 260, 275, 280, 285, 295

although some other cards work with the new patches

• 1 month later...

There's a different patch depending on your operating system, iirc. Obviously you want to use the right one.

As for me, I'd never use Steam to buy a game, unless perhaps it was the ONLY way to get it. I'd much rather have the case, booklet and so forth, and a hard copy in my hands that I can run or install/uninstall anytime. Don't tell me that you can't find a used copy for a similar price somewhere.

But yeah, it's an option if you want it, I suppose. I'm more upset by the usage of Steam requiring online activation to use single player games than it being an online marketplace to get a few more people interested in "older" games that might not be otherwise.

• 2 months later...

I've tried both and neither fixed this. As far as I can tell, only a couple of outfits have cloth simulation enabled in the PC version. Some are animated by attaching the cloth to the legs so it at least moves, some are completely static and look absolutely terrible. Chalk it up to developer laziness (damn you, Aspyr, damn you to hell!).

No it's not.

Edit: Nevermind, found it secreted away in the AppData directory. God I hate when applications put their crap all over the system, why can't they keep their stuff in one directory...

Anyway, that seems to have fixed a lot of the outfits on my 1.2 version of the game. Haven't tried them all, but of the ones I have only the Sith robes still have the skirt attached to the legs instead of flowing freely. Thanks for the tip, I think I'll replay the game again, if only to get rid of the nasty aftertaste of TFU2.

Archived