Home

What would you like to see in ME3?

Totenkopf

Definitely a return to the RPG genre and the ME1 action system, meaning no ammo. On a designer's note, I'd like to see a normal GUI/HUD instead of this minimalistic crap we got in ME2. Plot-wise I'd like to see something that at least seems original and I definitely do not want to see a Sci-Fi version of Dragon Age's army gathering plot.

Oh, and of course I want a believable Sci-Fi, meaning no walking in vacuum without a fully pressurized space suit or something. :D

Moor RPG; less pew-pew, ass

While it could have been said more eloquently, I agree :p

(also, am I the only one who preferred the elevators to the so yesterday loading screens? Plus scanning planets uhhh...I have always completed every assignment in my SP games except in ME2: it was just too boring, far worse than the MAKO missions... :whacked: )

I want them to keep the same game-play as Mass Effect 2. Meaning no elevators, no weapon recharge, and definitely keep out the useless Uncharted World side-quests. (I mean, who actually enjoyed doing those? :confused:)

On a side note, I am interested on what BioWare is planning for the story of Mass Effect 3. Hopefully, the Suicide track from Mass Effect 2 will return, and will play in different pronunciations as well.

I actually think they were spot on with ME2. Only, the only gripe i had was that there were much fewer side quests than ME1 - well - if u dont count the ones u get from scanning planets - which i loath. I hope to see miranda stick with the squad. and garrus and tali - i think if them 2 stuck with you to the end it really adds RPG value because they have been with you from the start to the end

EDIT : But ffs EA stop gettin your companies to release unfinished games and then release the rest of it as DLC's..

Moor RPG; less pew-pew, ass

:lol: I laugh, and agree at the same time!

(also, am I the only one who preferred the elevators to the so yesterday loading screens? Plus scanning planets uhhh...

:nod: Bring back elevators and either the Mako.. or the Hovercraft (in ME2) but with the same magnitude of the Mako missions/planets. Loved the Mako, hated the shopping cart physics

Definitely a return to the RPG genre and the ME1 action system, meaning no ammo. On a designer's note, I'd like to see a normal GUI/HUD instead of this minimalistic crap we got in ME2.

I didn't mind the ammo so much.. added an element to the game whereas not so much just running around with the trigger held down. Definitely with you on the minimalistic GUI though. I like immersion, but if the game is going to "force" you in to taking party members.. I WANT to see some vital stats prominently.

Other than that.. there damned well better be Garrus & Tali (assuming they live in your playthrough).. and not just cameo crap. Hopefully a "reunion" with some of the ME1 crew and the ability to have them tag along with you. Several times in ME2 I wish I had the Wrex-ing Ball or Liara's brain **** :xp:

Oh.. and Tali's face [/swoon] hehehe

I REALLY hope you're able to play as Shepard as well. A lot of possibilities with the way ME2 can end, so I hope they're not just going to "cover the bases" and have you being Shepard's offspring or some bull-oney like that :¬:

As the title says, what would you like to see in the third installment of this game (regardless of whatever they eventually do in the end)?

The possibility of a happy ending. :) After going through all the ordeals thrown at you in 3 games I want a warm, fuzzy feeling inside at the end of it all if you've worked for it (kept everyone alive, made the right choices in the right places etc). If we got another forced "Rocks fall, everyone dies" ending (I'm looking at you NWN2) I will be extremely disappointed.

Like most I'dd like to see a bit more RPG back into the game: still I think the shooter action is OK now. I want more serious stats to tweak from my party members.

Plus I want a real Inventory back, again tweaking party members is just fun in my eyes.

The planet scanning can go away, I like the idea of landing on a planet and finding out what happened.

I guess they'll have to do some thinking on how to make the "explore" part a bit more fun.

Not sure how that would work... I'm one of the few who enjoys cruising around with the Mako. Park it at the wrong side of a mountain, then have to walk back to it for 30 minutes >_>

Anyway, a female Turian, a theater where I can go watch Blasto the Hanar, more fish for my tank, a pyjamas for my Boris, something with bears on and a Mr. Radar machine, next to MR. Cofee machine on the bridge of the Normandy, a scene where Talis helmet gets crushed and her head explodes or have face her get bitten off by krogan :xp:

No, not serious about that last one :lol:

There's enough they could add or improve.

I said this in the ME2 thread, but I think Bioware have kind of painted themselves into a corner with the whole "everyone can die suicide mission" thing in ME2. It basically means they can't have any of the ME2 squad members play a central role in ME3 because some of them won't be alive in many imported saves. For fans of the ME1 squad, that hopefully means a more prominent role for Liara and Ashley/Kaidan.

I can't really see where they are going to go with that though, as you'd think they'd need at least about half a dozen team members, which potentially means another batch of new recruits. However, I'm pretty sure most of us don't want another side-quest-athon team-building game - it's time to focus on the central plot and wrap up all the loose ends. Exactly how they go about that in a satisfying way I'm not sure. I definitely want to see a return of more RPG elements though.

If we got another "Rocks fall, everyone dies" ending (I'm looking at you NWN2) I will be extremely disappointed.
Just as well Obsidian isn't handling it then.

As the title says, what would you like to see in the third installment of this game (regardless of whatever they eventually do in the end)?

I want to see my decisions in ME and ME2 to actually matter in ME3. I also want to see the return of some my ME crewmates to supplement the crew from ME2. I would like the ability to pick my crew out of those living from my party members from the first two games. I would hope the third game deals less with forming a team and more with stopping the Reapers.

Oh and I want Ewoks to destroy the Reapers.:xp: I think they are our only hope.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how we're going to stop what seemed like thousands of Reapers from annihilating the Galaxy. We've got some advanced warming this time, but will that be enough to stop them, or will we be stuck with some deus ex machina?

Oh and I want Ewoks to destroy the Reapers.:xp: I think they are our only hope.
Ooooh...that must have been the place where Revan and the exile went... Now the TSL ending makes sense... :xp:

Anyway, I hope Shepard and some party members come back...the possibility to get everyone kill in ME2 is worrysome (only Liara and joker are not potentially dead at the end of ME2.) I am also with stoffe about the possibility of a happy ending part.

While it could have been said more eloquently, I agree :p

(also, am I the only one who preferred the elevators to the so yesterday loading screens? Plus scanning planets uhhh...I have always completed every assignment in my SP games except in ME2: it was just too boring, far worse than the MAKO missions... :whacked: )

I agree with the more RPG, less shooter aspect. I actually liked the elevators. On my PC, the rides weren't that long, and the party banter was good. A loading screen is just a more boring version of the elevator. Just like the planet scanning is the Mako made more boring. Though I didn't like the Mako missions in the first one either.

Perhaps instead of having another minigame, you could just click a "scan planet" button, and get the minerals instantly, or find out that there's a mission on the surface. The missions would preferably be more ME2 landscape wise (protip: procedurally generated landscapes with different textures thrown on are boring), but with far more rpg choices, something ME2's N7 missions lacked (And only a very few ME1 missions had).

The only gameplay eliminated would be the scanning, aimless driving for minerals, and mineral surveying minigames. That's how you make a game more streamlined, not removing RPG aspects.

Perhaps instead of having another minigame, you could just click a "scan planet" button, and get the minerals instantly, or find out that there's a mission on the surface.

For planets that didn't have any missions, this was already in place in ME1 (though you'd get money instead of minerals).

As for the quality and diversity of missions on "uncharted worlds", I much prefer the ME2 uniqueness of missions approach rather than the "let's plant base model no. 1 out of 3 there and fill it with either mercs/geth/husks" in ME 1.

:

Other than that.. there damned well better be Garrus & Tali (assuming they live in your playthrough).. and not just cameo crap. Hopefully a "reunion" with some of the ME1 crew and the ability to have them tag along with you. Several times in ME2 I wish I had the Wrex-ing Ball or Liara's brain **** :xp:

Oh.. and Tali's face [/swoon] hehehe

I REALLY hope you're able to play as Shepard as well. A lot of possibilities with the way ME2 can end, so I hope they're not just going to "cover the bases" and have you being Shepard's offspring or some bull-oney like that :¬:

I agree with all about garrus/tali/me1 reunion

And as for playing as shephard - BioWare have stated they want all of the trilogy to revolve around commander shephard and his mission - so yes - he will be in the 3rd. and dont be thrown off that because he can die in ME2 - because they also said if he died in your ME2 playthrough, you literally won't be able to import than save into ME3

and personally i think that shephard will die again in the 3rd and by ressurected by chuck norris and chuck will give him all hiss powers and shephard will kick the reapers away and when he gets bored he will scrunch one up and use it as a basketball /thread.

EDIT: The endings will either be a star wars ish one where the entire galaxy is celebratin and he is celebratin with his pals and possible army.

OR

He will sacrifice himself to save the galaxy.

It's so predictable

Archived