Home

PS3 MI Special Edition bug

SyntheticGerbil

Besides the leaderboard not working and causing me to having to hard reset my PS3, I'm already into a game stopping bug.

Anyone had any problem with the Special Edition turning into a black screen with clouds when changing screens, any version? This only happens so far when leaving the town area with the 10 o'clock clock to the dock where the Scumm Bar resides. I have exit the game to get out of this because if you go to the menu while stuck on the black screen you can still save and load, but the prompt that comes up asking me if I'm sure only allows me to select "No."

If I stay in classic mode while changing screens I get a "script 3" error instead of a black screen.

I've tried this multiple times with or without following the shopkeeper and only once (without the shopkeeper) did it not lock up. That time I did also change it to classic mode when changing screens. Not sure if that made a difference because it didn't work the next time.

I can't find much on this bug anywhere or anyone else having it because I think the game has only been out for two days at this point.

Here's a video of someone with the exact same problem, but he's walking the opposite direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioGH675wIw

I have a few bugs too, mainly sound volume issues. And one major slowdown happens when talking to the three pirates (with the rat), and everytime the short guy laughs during one of the other characters' lines, his laugh is all stuttery and the animations slow down.

Furthermore, the ambience sounds (like pirates laughin in the ScummBar) are audible in the classic version as well... that can't be right, can it?

It looks like it is directly related to following the shopkeeper, so maybe you could try doing the game in a different order?

Maybe you could contact the second guy on the thread and see if he managed to fix it. Otherwise I don't know what to say other than wait for the complains to pile up and a patch to be released :(

Well the thing was, it was still getting stuck on that screen whether I was following the shopkeeper or not, so I couldn't leave that area of Melee Island.

I eventually got past it just by trying over and over and switching to classic mode while following the shopkeeper and then changing back once I got past The Scumm Bar. The weird thing is that this doesn't always work and most of the time in classic mode it'll just give you the "Script 3" error. So far I haven't encountered this bug again on any other screens, but it's very annoying the first time you found it and haven't saved for a bit, so I'm hoping a patch is in order either way.

I have a few bugs too, mainly sound volume issues. And one major slowdown happens when talking to the three pirates (with the rat), and everytime the short guy laughs during one of the other characters' lines, his laugh is all stuttery and the animations slow down.

Furthermore, the ambience sounds (like pirates laughin in the ScummBar) are audible in the classic version as well... that can't be right, can it?

I've had all of those bugs you mentioned as well. The slow down also seems to occur at random during the sword fights in addition to the laughing pirate.

The ambient sounds seem to carry over to classic mode everytime they occur. The cook crying in classic mode also seems to occur. Sometimes if you are playing classic mode you can hear someone's dialogue start and then their speech cut off.

This all just sort of makes me wish they had just gone ahead and put in the option for voices and new music during classic mode since it seems to have a hard time being absent. :)

Anyone else able to check out the leaderboards without completely freezing their PS3?

Even if I had a 360, I wouldn't make it my primary player for multiplatform games.

Not that I want to change this into a console war... but I don't really see why not. Most multiplatform games are designed on the 360 first and then ported to the PS3 simply for the reason that the 360 has been around longer so more developers are used to creating for it. A lot of PS3 versions of games suffer from framerate issues and glitches because of this.

I mean yes, there are a couple of games that run better on PS3 but for the majority of multiplatformers, 360 is still the way to go. Apart from maybe Capcom games, they manage to make their games run perfectly on both machines (love that company).

Of course if you have a lot of blu-ray discs then I can maybe understand it. But here I am with stacks of dvds and games like Gears of War (which I just couldn't live without). So it's understandable why I pick 360 :)

nor is it even useful in this thread that should be addressing the game for the console I bought it on.

Sure sure but it's not like any of us can fix these bugs eh? Don't really see where else this thread can go... no offence :thmbup1:

Just gotta wait for an update I guess D:

Archived