Home

Fate of Atlantis novelization

whipwarrior

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished reading it, picking up from where I had to stop more than a year ago. :)

I really want to thank you for the effort, for the result is indeed absolutely amazing: I loved how you turned the story into something way more fitting for an exciting novel, while still maintaining the spirit of the game.

I guess it's time to play it once again, but now it'll be with a renewed sense of wonder, thanks to the depth added by your descriptions and by knowing what is going on in Indy's and Sophia's mind during the story.

Thank you, a million times thank you from an avid Italian fan :)

dj jack, thank you very, very much for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It was fun and very challenging to adapt, given the scope of the game, but I'm satisfied with the result. It's literally as good as I can possibly make it. The places where I diverged from the original storyline were done by necessity, either to expand on the locations or deepen the narrative, as any worthwhile novelization should. Also, it was fun for me—as both an Indy fan and a writer—to poke around in some of those unseen corners and guess what might be there! Hopefully my story will give people a fresh appreciation for the game, and enhance the Fate of Atlantis experience.

• 10 months later...

Dale! I just finished your work this afternoon, and here is the full version of my review I wanted to leave on Readmill, even though I had to shorten it because it's too long:

A stunning example of literature that deftly illustrates how FanFiction is not mutually exclusive to quality, professionalism, or authenticity. In short, it is a testament to the power of belief, and its symbiotic bond with manifestation. That being said, the book could probably use one or two more edits to quicken the pace, and trim some unnecessary fat. Nevertheless, Mr. Dassel's novelization is a triumph not only for fans of the whip wielding archaeologist, but also for adventures readers across the globe.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thank you very much for the great review! I'm always pleased to hear that people enjoy my story. I can't believe it's been a year since Fate of Atlantis premiered. How time flies! Since then, it has received unanimously positive reviews, which is gratifying for an amateur writer. For the past year and a half, I've been developing the storyline for an exciting new (and completely original) Indy adventure which I will soon commence writing. However, this will be my last Indiana Jones novel, due to the difficulty in finding a suitable quest and/or MacGuffin worthy of our favorite hero. Please be patient and you will be rewarded! :)

Archived