Home

Empire Strikes Back named as greatest movie sequel

Astor

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2:Secret of the ooze seemed to have more traction with me than #1. BTW, most people forget Super Shredder was played by none other than Kevin Nash who was transitioning from basketball to Pro Wrestling at the time.

The Mortal Kombat Movies were nothing to write home about, but I liked the sequel much better than the first.

It probably deserves to be nowhere near this list, but I actually love Tremors 2 :p

Tremors is my favorite monster movie of all time, and ranks up there as one of my favorite movies evar, but I love Tremors 2 because it rolled with the premise and themes without going too off track. Still doesn't have the cinematic quality of the first (and admittedly starts to fall apart at the 3/4 mark), but for what it was working with I thought it did a great job and I regularly watch both. Tis a shame Stampede lost their minds at some point and made the pretty poor 3 and 4 movies, as well as the very poorly handled series.

Not an all time great piece of cinematic wonder, but a personal favorite.

I think I'm as much a Star Trek fan as I am a Star Wars fan (which to some I'm sure is a form of blasphemy) but I think Wrath of Khan ranks right up there on my personal list. How can you not love Ricardo Montalban, and of course Khaaaaaaannnn!!!

Godfather part 2? It was (imho) pretty awesome to see how the mob life consumes the young Michael...

Oh yeah, the Dark Knight. I'm knee deep into phychology right now and can't stop watching it. Epic movie.

Still, TESB ftw. Ending with a lightsaber battle like it should be. When I was young that scene used to give me the chills because it was so obvious the hero character would lose. And then the famous punchline came....internet hadn't spoiled the big surprise yet when I saw it in '98. I was flabbergasted.

All in all, my top sequels are in there too. I'm satisfied. Last three are a bit dubious though. Shrek is hilarious for young AND old (that's VERY difficult), but I'd rather have a Spiderman 2 or even Batman Returns there.

I like the ESB but it was not my favorite of the three. My personal favorite sequel though was T2. I loved the humor coupled with the action of Arnold though I don't care much for him now in the realm of politics...

Godfather II was also a favorite since it gets me in touch with my Sicilian roots.

Can't argue much with the top 5, but I still would have put Terminator 2 over ESB, but only by a very small margin. ESB was a great movie, but it is also clearly part of a trilogy. T2 arrived, and in of itself was a complete movie. You really don't even need to see the first at all to enjoy T2, and it ends with a complete wrap up of it. You don't feel like T2 needed another movie after, which is why it's a good thing no sequels after that were made

There I fixed it for you.

Though personally my favorite sequel was Aliens. But only the director's cut would get the top of the list in my opinion. And Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!(khaaaaaaaannn....khaaaaaaaannnn...) I would rank way before most of the list. I mean come on, EVERYONE can remember at least some part of that movie. Then again... "I am your father" is pretty well known...

Archived