Home

Three Updates This Week to the Official Site

News

Veradum was his name...and a novel about Darth Malgus. Excellent.

So he's not just some brute, he actually has a personality and sorts of intellect and smarts (thus far anyways). He only *looks* a bit like Vader. :p

Perhaps the Vader that could have been? The only other example Besides Vader and Malak would be Bane. It will be interesting to see if they have taken anything from that series considering Karpyshyn's level of contribution.

Now that I take a look at it again with a different set of eyes, it almost looks like that black armored knight from monty python. :p

Interesting updates this week for sure... I've been interested in the Malgus character since the Deceived trailer came out a long time ago. His unorthodox ways and the motivation for not vying for power within the Empire (instead choosing to explore the Unknown Regions) are enough to hook me into buying the book. It's also kind of cool that he has a girlfriend he takes with him, although I would have chosen this girl instead:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
BountyHunterChick-TORtrailer.jpg

It looks from the screenshots that Trandoshans will be a playable species. I'm eager to learn more playable races/species.

Lastly - these are the Aurebesh translations from the new pages:

Darth Malgus:

Friend to Mandalore

First Contact

Yablari, Trandosha, Kalee

The "First Contact" one interests me - it could mean a lot of things, but given Malgus's mysterious choices to run around in the Unknown Regions I'm left wanting to learn more.

General Garza:

Ando Prime

Divorced three times

The Senate is suspicious

Mandalore:

Champion needed

Jedi merely first

Mandalor the Vindicator

Trandoshan:

Shko-yagu

Counting Jagganath points

The Hunt is Life

Gormak:

Gorma-Koss

Voss must die

Beware the Nightmare Lands

Gundark:

Sithspawn

Dromund Kaas

Drooga the Hutt

Salky Hound:

Beware of dog

Justicar contract

Rancor personality genes?

AR-34

Extortion expert

Grip: 700kg/mm

A.K.A. "Backbreaker"

X2-C3

Imperial Hacker

Ultimate co-pilot

Three wheel drive

@TKA-001: I think the name Revan was a mistaken for want of Malak by that one guy...just my opinion.

Though I question if Revan's influence has anything to do with why this guy is a dissenting voice.

I just hope I'm not right about this: That this Darth Malgus will essentially be in the same sort of role as ROTJ Vader...and that you'll inevitably meet him near the end of the game and have the option to turn him to your side against the sith emperor...Unfortunately I can already see this happening.

*Hides awaiting bombardment from BioWare as fellow fans begin booing and hissing like a crowd of "Dey took yur job!" outraged badgers*

I'm with you - we don't know anywhere near enough to draw that comparison IMO. The only similarity that could be used (as a stretch) is that they both decided to spend some time in the Unknown Regions.

Along with the fact that he's apparently regarded as a good strategist. At any rate, Malgus is probably not Revan from what we can tell right now. His lack of power lust and any political ambitions - not to mention his apparent disregard for the good of the Republic - make it difficult to make any claims on his identity.

Along with the fact that he's apparently regarded as a good strategist. At any rate, Malgus is probably not Revan from what we can tell right now. His lack of power lust and any political ambitions - not to mention his apparent disregard for the good of the Republic - make it difficult to make any claims on his identity.

I'm in the same boat as you, so I'm not making this argument, but to play devil's advocate, one could argue that Malgus doesn't necessarily have a lack of power lust and political ambition; he only is going about it from another route than through the Sith Empire. Who knows what he's doing in the Unknown Regions? Plus I think he did show some political ambition by frequently calling for change.

Speculation is fun, but it's a huge stretch to start making a claim like this one.

Also Malgus has a Twi'lek wife. We all know that Revan is married to Bastila.

Maybe he dumped Bastila for a younger Mission Vao.

It'd be much more realistic to say Revan's teachings could be of major influence on Malgus' views. .......and the more plausible the speculation we make, the closer I'm afraid we'll get to what the plot-line is... Speculating is fun but it also might kill the thrill too soon.

Archived