Home

Oh, For ****'s Sake! (*spoilers*)

Palpatine= Raw Power

Starkiller= Still an apprentice

Palpatine-Starkiller=Palpatine

There are ways of making a person unseen in the force. It's actually a force power (or several). Considering how powerful he was, and how he was trained to attack jedi, he would have been forced to sneak up on Jedi by HIDING, right?

Could have happened, 'is all I'm saying.

I might just be reading into this way too much.

This is too far-fetched.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are ways of making a person unseen in the force. It's actually a force power (or several). Considering how powerful he was, and how he was trained to attack jedi, he would have been forced to sneak up on Jedi by HIDING, right?

Could have happened, 'is all I'm saying.

I might just be reading into this way too much.

This is too far-fetched.

if you have actually played TFU I, you'd know that the jedi always know he's coming, and he simply cuts his way though countless weaker enemies before finally confronting the "boss".

he IS a clone. deal with it.

Seriously? You may as well ask why they didn't choose to try and clone Revan or Darth Bane, probably because them like Maul would really have no place in this story and his appearance in TFU II would be pure fan service (like in the infinities and tales comics) not to mention it seems very irrelevant for Vader or any organization in TFU to feel to want to travel to Naboo just to scoop up Maul's remains to use him again.

No, I didn't want him to be cloned or anything. I was thinking that it would be cool to play as Maul during the years before his death.

From the beginning, you know the end...

No, I didn't want him to be cloned or anything. I was thinking that it would be cool to play as Maul during the years before his death.

From the beginning, you know the end...

Oh well then that would be an excellent idea, perhaps like a Shadow Hunter videogame or something taking place during his golden years as an assassin.

well, i recently read the stuff on wookiepedia- and Yes. thats it.

They have finally messed up the story to as much as it can be. the original ending sucked, due to Starkiller being simply "Killed" (s there is announcement already, i can simply state it- Yes, he Was killed in 1 game)

and the second game gives us the s*ty clone to play as. way To go LA, you did it again- and although this time game Is comiing to PC, and all that- im not buying it. Youve been given another chance, and successfully used it..... to prove your lack of imagination.

However, there is a tiiiiiiiIIIINY hope Left- that wookiespedia (As well as wiki) is simply wrong- as well as some other things that were 100% incorrect on wiki,and the other things that were misunderstyood. i didnt see the news on Official website- so, lets hope, wookies just translated it wronglyinto their monke...... eeeeeeer, wooklie- language about the clone-thing.

PS. Made me laugh, when i saw "You are the only one here" who loves Star killer- i mean, why else would all of us be here, discusing this guy' s fate?

And im sure, all of us here would prefer 2 pplay as original Aprentice

well, i recently read the stuff on wookiepedia- and Yes. thats it.

They have finally messed up the story to as much as it can be. the original ending sucked, due to Starkiller being simply "Killed" (s there is announcement already, i can simply state it- Yes, he Was killed in 1 game)

and the second game gives us the s*ty clone to play as. way To go LA, you did it again- and although this time game Is comiing to PC, and all that- im not buying it. Youve been given another chance, and successfully used it..... to prove your lack of imagination.

However, there is a tiiiiiiiIIIINY hope Left- that wookiespedia (As well as wiki) is simply wrong- as well as some other things that were 100% incorrect on wiki,and the other things that were misunderstyood. i didnt see the news on Official website- so, lets hope, wookies just translated it wronglyinto their monke...... eeeeeeer, wooklie- language about the clone-thing.

PS. Made me laugh, when i saw "You are the only one here" who loves Star killer- i mean, why else would all of us be here, discusing this guy' s fate?

And im sure, all of us here would prefer 2 pplay as original Aprentice

Dude it's a ****ing video game. You reserve the right to not play it.

The thing is the writers are passing this clone off or talking about it as if he's really Starkiller and not a clone. Like how he's older and more mature, etc. It's almost as if they're either talking themselves into it's really him, or it's hint to a major twist in terms that he really isn't a clone and somehow was brought back to life.

I'll stick to they're trying to talk themselves into thinking it's really him. ;)

I really hope you see my post on the "GamePro Cover for May 4th features Force Unleashed 2" thread...I brought up these examples and gave my interpretations on them and they're similar to yours. I just hope we're right...

Like I said before; a lot of people will be turned off to the game with the idea of Starkiller being a clone. I was looking at GameFaq's not too long ago and saw a few comments:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981370-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-ii/54555604?page=1

I knew they would pull some stupid crap outta their ass, Clone? Wow.

Well I too believe the clone is a lame excuse

A clone, huh? Well there went any chance for this game's story being any good.

Trust me its not hard to find a better explanation than a clone(if he really is one)

I've seen other places in the last week or so. Maybe I should have bookmarked them to use those as references as well.

Though the idea that Starkiller really isn't a clone has been thought of too in the same thread:

I was going to say they are hinting that it's uncertain if he is a clone or not.

Probably in-game, they will make his resurrection be a mystery, looking to be most likely that he is a clone (Kota being skeptical), and then who knows, maybe at the end there will be a good ol' fashion Star Wars plot twist that will blow peoples' minds. I mean, this is Star Wars we're talking about. Worked for kotor. Obviously they're going to keep such plot details quiet until the release.

Unwarranted self-importance anyone?

Unwarranted pointless comment that doesn't contribute to the discussion anyone?

@thread: As I've mentioned before I'm not keen on speculation, but I will say I'm not exactly keen on the whole clone thing myself. I will concede that they didn't have a whole lot of choices to bring Starkiller back, but as others have said I think the clone thing has been beaten to death of late. I will give the game a chance to redeem itself and not condemn it before I've played it though.

Here is an example of what a game with Maris would fail. Not many people would fall in love with the character, including me. You have to see yourself in a character in order for it to be successful and that will pave a path to like a story.

I would be able to see myself in her. Girl gameplayers do that all the time with male protagonists, so why not the opposite? ;)

Besides, we need a female protagonist. There are sooo few of them. And it would be cool to have a non-human one at that. :thmbup1:

Besides, we need a female protagonist. There are sooo few of them. And it would be cool to have a non-human one at that. :thmbup1:

If there was more female gamers out there I'm sure there would be more female hero games being made. It's all about supply and demand. ;)

Unwarranted self-importance anyone?

:lol: Some people I tell you!!!

Maris was just a meh character for me, I didn't really care for her that much. I would expect that after her defeat at Starkiller's hands she would have gone into hiding and possibly renounced the Force all together. She didn't strike me as very strong character wise.

So what if the new SK is a clone, the game is not even out yet and everyone is already labeling it as a "bad game". The clone plot maybe overplayed true, but labeling a videogame as "terrible" before it has even been released just makes you look ignorant. Besides, regardless of how any of use feel about the clone idea there are still going to be others who will actually like the idea and will choose to buy it and will probably enjoy it as much or more than TFU. Let's just wait and see how "terrible" it is, who knows maybe it will be a decent enough game to warrant a mediocre success.

People (Myself included) would buy a Glass hammer if it had Star wars on it, so sales cannot prove this a success, but I agree we better wait and see. But I'm not saying it will be a bad game, I'm saying Lucasarts seem to make questionable Canon and Story decisions and piss off fans a lot lately tis all hehe

I would have prefered a sequel with Kota, he was broken down after his fight with SK, maybe he could've asked Yoda's help to reconnect with the force and overcome his blindness (sense the world through the force instead of relying on his eyes).

So what if the new SK is a clone, the game is not even out yet and everyone is already labeling it as a "bad game". The clone plot maybe overplayed true, but labeling a videogame as "terrible" before it has even been released just makes you look ignorant. Besides, regardless of how any of use feel about the clone idea there are still going to be others who will actually like the idea and will choose to buy it and will probably enjoy it as much or more than TFU. Let's just wait and see how "terrible" it is, who knows maybe it will be a decent enough game to warrant a mediocre success.

That is a valid point. Hopefully this game will make up for it's lack in other areas.

So does the fault lie with the developer or the anal retentive fanbase?

Just asking. :p

Hey if your gonna feed your Dogs Quality Meat, don't be surprised if they look elsewhere for food when you put out tripe

So does the fault lie with the developer or the anal retentive fanbase?

Just asking. :p

People that believe the PT is better then the OT. People who go 'Anikon is teh pwnage!' are to blame.

Star Wars has become a generic fantasy franchise.

Any SW game nowadays seems to include this:

-Play a Jedi

-Lightsabers

-Over the top action

-Cliché dialogue

-Ignoring canon

The times when you could play a pilot, spy or rookie Jedi are over....

Archived