Home

Apples buys Lala, OM NOM NOM

I still think buying CDs is a better option... but when it comes down to it, I'll still end up converting the songs to... no, not MP3... to FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files anyway... but then I own one of the few portable media players that can actually play the format so it's not really an option for most people...

^ I love FLAC. My Sandisk Sansa Clip+ supports it, and, since its memory is expandable using MicroSD cards, the relatively large size of FLACs isn't a problem. It was ~$50 well spent. :)

I also prefer CDs, but I buy them used. Works out to way less than $1 per song, and I get the original, full-quality files as a bonus.

Used to buy CDs, but found I didn't like over half the songs on any given CD so, personally, I was losing money to buy 12 songs when I may have only wanted 3 of them. Plus I found that ripping CDs lost some quality depending and I use high quality headphones, so I just moved to high quality downloads off Amazon. Pirating is a no go primarily because pirated songs are typically over compressed.

EDIT: I use a Sansa Clip, but its an older model. I'll see if FLAC format works on it.

Archived