Home

Blood of the Empire, Issue #2

Gurges-Ahter

A new issue was released today.

The second issue of Blood of the Empire™ takes us to the Imperial capital of Dromund Kaas, as the young Sith Teneb Kel and his companion Maggot leave the war's front lines--only to find new tensions awaiting them at home. Meanwhile, a mysterious Force-user sets her plans in motion on a distant, crime-ridden world. Intrigue and danger abound as the story of Imperial powers continues!

Link

And we have our cheap imitation ripoffs of the Senate/Chancellor/Emperor's Royal Guard. :/

It might actually make sense, in universe. EU material mentions that the armor worn by Palpatine's guard is based off of those of a Sith cult and mercenary group called the Sun Guard. Maybe the Sun Guard sort of got the design from these people.

Also, I like how the Sith dude says "If I die, I'll haunt you". It's goofy and sinister at the same time.

I liked this issue, although not as much as Issue #1. Teneb Kel is an intriguing character. I don't like that the companion's name is Maggot, however. I get that he's in servitude, but I don't need the name to prove it to me.

I'm pretty sure the name was chosen so that the servant would not think any higher of himself. I doubt that's his REAL name. Choosing a degrading name for a servant would also distance yourself from that servant in such a way as to not think of them as sentient beings on anywhere near equal level as those you call by first names. Calling him Maggot reminds him that he is not an equal. That he will not BE an equal.

I'm pretty sure the name was chosen so that the servant would not think any higher of himself. I doubt that's his REAL name. Choosing a degrading name for a servant would also distance yourself from that servant in such a way as to not think of them as sentient beings on anywhere near equal level as those you call by first names. Calling him Maggot reminds him that he is not an equal. That he will not BE an equal.

I can understand that - I just think it's overkill.

I liked this issue, although not as much as Issue #1. Teneb Kel is an intriguing character. I don't like that the companion's name is Maggot, however. I get that he's in servitude, but I don't need the name to prove it to me.

Kel is a strange character indeed. He seems torn most of the time: On the first issue, he put his servant on the bombardment spot on purpose, then goes to check on him. Similarly, he wins the battle and then is told that he is to be tried soon. For a second he looks like he won't take this very well but ends up surrendering. On this issue, he looks awfully worried about his masters but is all so willing to claim his life as the Sith there order. So he's pretty... unique, so far.

As for Maggot, I dunno. It seems that the name is derogatory but at the same time, Kel seems to have grown fond of the alien to a rather abnormal level. Just look at the aforementioned example and his threats to the guard if something happens to him when he's out.

Oh, and Blood of the Empire is lightyears better than the other webcomic. Theat of Peace narrates too many different stories at the same time and focus on none. You can't make a decent stroyline like that.

Kel is a strange character indeed. He seems torn most of the time: On the first issue, he put his servant on the bombardment spot on purpose, then goes to check on him. Similarly, he wins the battle and then is told that he is to be tried soon. For a second he looks like he won't take this very well but ends up surrendering. On this issue, he looks awfully worried about his masters but is all so willing to claim his life as the Sith there order. So he's pretty... unique, so far.

As for Maggot, I dunno. It seems that the name is derogatory but at the same time, Kel seems to have grown fond of the alien to a rather abnormal level. Just look at the aforementioned example and his threats to the guard if something happens to him when he's out.

Oh, and Blood of the Empire is lightyears better than the other webcomic. Theat of Peace narrates too many different stories at the same time and focus on none. You can't make a decent stroyline like that.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm torn between playing Sith Warrior and Inquisitor but seeing this Inquisitor being 'semi-good' and having a deeper emotional layer the choice is clear.

I hope this comic shows us dark and light are relative. A holonet entry suggested one of the Republic admirals was a bit dark and evil as well...

I've wanted to play as Sith Inquisitor from the beginning, and the more material that's released the more I'm convinced in my choice. I completely agree with ZTalker on the relativity of dark and light, and my initial desire was to play a Sith Inquisitor, learning about the dark side, but making choices that could be light if I think that's what I would choose IRL.

I've wanted to play as Sith Inquisitor from the beginning, and the more material that's released the more I'm convinced in my choice. I completely agree with ZTalker on the relativity of dark and light, and my initial desire was to play a Sith Inquisitor, learning about the dark side, but making choices that could be light if I think that's what I would choose IRL.

Same over here! I can never force myself to play Dark Side. I always play like I would do in RL. And indeed, the 'learning about the dark side' part sounds interesting and mysterious. I hope they'll allow Inquisitors to wield only a single-bladed lightsaber. I'm kind of a purist.... :indif:

Archived