Home

Sarah Palin...why?

Lord of Hunger

I really can't stand Palin. I'm not going to go in depth into my reasons, since pretty much all of them have been covered by people here already.

"If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where (Usama) bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me. Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are."

I also don't like Biden at all. At least he makes me lol whenever he opens his mouth, especially when he tries to imply that he was ever in any danger when his helicopter was temporarily grounded due to <i>weather</i>. (But "forced down" sounds so much better and dangerous!) It was insulting when he tried to use that incident as ammunition against Gen. Petraeus, claiming that if the sandstorm hadn't let up, it wouldn't have been safe to drive back to Baghdad. I was pretty pleased that Petraeus didn't even have to answer that one, and the US ambassador to Iraq stepped forward to make Biden look like the fool he is.

Both Obama and McCain must have picked running mates as a way of making sure that no one would ever assassinate them. What insane Democrat would want Palin over McCain, and what insane Republican would want Biden over Obama? Exactly. :p

Career politicians :barf2: Always centering on reelection and the party line, not doing what they actually believe is right.

As I said, "spray and pray" so to speak. They tried to legally crucify her and failed, so have been engaging in charachter assassination and smear campaigns since. Big deal. Perhaps if they gave up their fixation, she might be allowed to recede from public attention and we could focus on real issues, not fake ones like who gives the dems/libs (and assorted reps/cons) the willies. In the world of politics, the controversey over Palin is largely much ado about nothing. She ran, she lost, she's yesterday's news (kinda like McCain). Fixating on her only delays the inevitable.

As I said, "spray and pray" so to speak. They tried to legally crucify her and failed, so have been engaging in charachter assassination and smear campaigns since. Big deal. Perhaps if they gave up their fixation, she might be allowed to recede from public attention and we could focus on real issues, not fake ones like who gives the dems/libs (and assorted reps/cons) the willies. In the world of politics, the controversey over Palin is largely much ado about nothing. She ran, she lost, she's yesterday's news (kinda like McCain). Fixating on her only delays the inevitable.

Nobody tried to crucify Palin except her the Legislative Council from her own state. They were the ones investigating her after she fired a safety commissioner with no explanation and said safety commissioner accused the governor's office of pressuring him to fire an Alaska State Trooper who was Palin's sister's ex. Just wanted to clear that up.

No offense Tot, but Mrs. Palin has no desire to recede from public attention as is evidenced by her recent signing with Fox News and her continued attempts to associate herself with the Tea Party.

@LOH: Sorry if my post wasn't of much help to you.

I guess I just became disinterested generally.

I recall one particularly bad point on her was that although she's dead set against abortions she appeared to not have a compassionate counterbalance.

Even conservative talk show host Michael Savage pointed out that once thousands of years ago Jewish law about pregnancy to ensure there were as few ill-conceptions made as possible were that there be no abortions in most cases with the 3 exceptions being:

-Forcible Rape

-Incest

-will cause PHYSICAL harm to the carrying mother that is serious and/or fatal

IIRC Savage more or less called it that if Palin didn't get real with her values even in this way (acceptable both morally and societal in large scales) that she would more or less dump on herself and damn her campaign to failure.

I will disagree with the more liberal members on the specific point that she herself wanted to charge for a rape kit, it was who she put in charge of police that put that policy in place; however I will say that her not handling that issue and then turning a blind eye to it after promising justice in that area is pretty bad.

It made things easier for Rahm Emanuel to derail her. And of course there are people who not only try to defecate on her public image so to speak but also absolutely refuse to let her fade into obscurity and ineffectiveness. Also, I am not convinced "moderates" didn't set up McCain in the primaries just to knock him down in the final vote.

No problem. IIRC, the state trooper issue was merely one of many issues the woman had to defend herself against. Had the other side not made it so deeply personal, I'm guessing she might have largely receded into history as a failed candidate for VP. All the sturm and drang that surrounded her, however, only elevated everyone's attention toward her. In some ways the media is responsible for creating the Frankenstein monster they think she is. Not saying she would have completely receded (afterall, Huckabee has a show on Fox and she might have gotten one after her term was over--or at least face time like she has now-- had she not left office b/c of the spate of lawsuits). Afterall, I'm sure that even if BO had lost the election, he'd probably still be in the public eye 18 mos later also. Frankly, I'm more interested in who will be fielded as a serious contender for 2012 than obsessing about what a waste of life SP is/isn't in 2010. I think that if the Reps run her, w/o some serious sea change in the political landscape, they'll only be dooming themselves.

....how the lower 48 needed her and that's why she quit.

That's a new one (ie. never heard it before).

She's running around making money off stupid people and acting like she might run.

But, seriously S&M, that's true of many candidates on both sides of the aisle.

@ZN--not too sure that many people would have misidentified them. Joe Biden is well known for his gaffes also.

@above... [bO in Joker (ME2) mode] Imagine how dumb she'd really look if she had to use a teleprompter. Not that I would know. Oh, just burned myself, great.[/bO] :xp:

Both Palin and Biden are effing morons who suffer from acute oral dysentery. Political orientation aside, the main difference between them is that Biden has learned (or has been "encouraged") to shut up whereas Palin has not.

...Biden has.....been "encouraged" to shut up.....

Most likely and with some apparent degree of success it seems. As a free agent of sorts, she suffers no such handicap at the moment. Well, there's always the remote or the mute button..... ;)

According to the site below, Palin is one of the TRUEST Americans in all America, and the BIG BROTHER-y media is just trying to make her look bad:
Just proves you can find anything on the internet. Off to look for how Michael Jackson was a great babysitter.

I have many issues with Palin, first and foremost her utter lack of qualifications for the VP/P job. That, and she's a complete idiot.

I'm a registered republican but voted for Obama because I did not want Palin anywhere near the metaphorical throne. The GOP's recent shift towards the ultra-right wing and their philosophy of bigotry, hatred, and super-Jesus have made me seriously question which is worse- Obama in charge for another year or any Republican. Sarah Palin is the symbol of the visible GOP, and is also the symbol for all that is wrong with it.

I'm socially very liberal (who gives a crap if gays can marry? Let them be as miserable as the rest of us), but financially very conservative. I'm also not a christian. I'm a gun owner but very much in favor of gun control. Blah blah blah, talking points. What I'm getting at is that I am one of the hated and despised independents who actually decide elections. 40% of the country can each be divided into R or D, but that leaves 20% left to actually decide elections. Candidates cannot be ideologues or extremists for centrists like me to vote for. Independents don't like torture, nor do we like the rampant Jesus-said-so nonsense. We also don't like financial idocy and pissing away MY money.

The GOP, it seems, is intentionally moving so far to the right as to alienate voters like me. I can't vote for the democrats in good conscience due to their utter incompetence in financial areas, but I will never vote for the republicans so long as they maintain their bigotry-masquerading-as-religion (as pertains to social matters) and unquestioned support for torture. Only recently has the GOP embraced the latter philosophies so utterly and completely, and Sarah Palin is the symbol for that abrupt change in many minds.

This rapid (and visible) devolution into fear mongering and encouraged bigotry happened about the same time that everyone else realized she's an idiot. As she became better known on the national stage, and as her incompetence did as well, the GOP decided that they needed to be more conservative in order to win votes, and well, the tea party happened. This brilliant idea came about because when Palin got the VP nod, McCain's numbers started falling off even more than they had been. The correct analysis of the election cycle is that people did not want to take the risk of having a completely unqualified fool in office. The incorrect analysis is that McCain wasn't conservative enough, and that people ran away or weren't interested in his presidential ambitions (him selling out is a side issue).

Not only did the tea partidiots happen, but the GOP is actively NOT supporting moderate candidates with any hope of getting bipartisan support or the votes of independents. The GOP has basically given up on the idea of governing a country for short term ideological purity. Palin is famous and adored among the inbred idiots because she is so ideologically pure. The same ideology that endears her (and similar candidates) to them also hampers any ability she will have at governing a divided country and congress.

That, and her "i'm just a lil' ol' american hockey mom from alaska" and "pit bull in lipstick" schtick makes me want to gouge my eyes and ears out. I sincerely wish our populace weren't so dumb as to love that crap. But they are, and as a result, she's a contender for the Presidency.

Cliffs for the lazy: Palin is the figurehead for the extreme right wing faction of the GOP that gets all the press. The extreme right wing are a bunch of lunatics. People don't want lunatics governing them. Palin gets hated on. She's too dumb to realize this, and whines about media bias or some crap. Inbred idiots come to her rescue. Everyone else laughs at them. Life goes on.

And yes, I know there are people like Palin on the left, and they're equally scary.

• 7 months later...

The reason i hate Sarah Palin is that she tried to make it in a world when we desperately need (and still need if you ask me) the government to step in and she was way to inexperienced to be the person we need. Also she wants to be a government offical and now she has her own tv show how retarded is that. For any of you that dont know what it is it is called Sarah Palin's Alaska

Archived