Home

LucasArts President Resigns

I've yet to decide if this is a bad thing or a good thing; at least Rodriguez's junta started a PR program, even though it faced the public with a smug, sneering grimace whenever a new Clone Wars game or Battlefront spinoff was announced.

But, hey, they did release ~10 classic titles on Steam, and they did reboot Monkey Island by remaking a 20-year-old game by redrawing the ! Who can't forget those new LEGO Indiana Jones games, especially Staff of Kings? Damn, were they gems. Besides, aren't we all excited about TFU2, the sequel to the best-selling Star Wars game of all time?! You can bet I am, and I share the same level of anticipation with the sequel to KotOR, The Old Republic, an MMO set 300 years after the events of KotOR II that features a brand-new universe with little relation to the original titles - now anyone can save the galaxy with every other Jedi savior!

Boy, those were the salad days!

Let's hope the replacement is someone staunchly dedicated to bring back a proper SW flight sim..... [/wishful]

mtfbwya

Yes, please. If another Jedi Knight game also ends up being announced, I will jump for joy.

After the replacement comes in, it will be interesting to see if there is an obvious change of direction in upcoming games.

The thing I don't understand is that everywhere I go on the interwebs everyone seems to say the same thing "wouldn't it be great if we got a new Jedi Knight/X-Wing/KOTOR" game. It just seems like such a slam dunk to me that I don't understand why that doesn't even seem to be considered.

In any event, I'd be happy enough with just much improved quality.

Archived