Home

NEWS ON JEDI KNIGHT 4 READ

Bean 88

On the other hand if someone would just be jerking us around one would most probably write Jedi Knight IV, not III. Because this is the name most people use these days.

Also could someone check out other titles on that paper? Any thing unusual, fake looking about any of the other publishers?

How about checking a more trustworthy source:

Well that's not really the way it works. If they would be announcing something new, you wouldn't know what it is until e3. Otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise. i agree though. 99% sure it's fake.

Yeah, it would really surprise me if they made another Jedi Knight game at this time. It seems like The Force Unleashed is what they're focused on in terms of Star Wars actions games. The first TFU, for some reason, sold so well that they'd be crazy not to follow it up with a sequel.

Yeah, it would really surprise me if they made another Jedi Knight game at this time. It seems like The Force Unleashed is what they're focused on in terms of Star Wars actions games. The first TFU, for some reason, sold so well that they'd be crazy not to follow it up with a sequel.

I wouldn't see announcing it as surprising actually. TFU2 is less than 4 months away. Any new games they'll announce now will come out late 2011 probably so it would be a good idea to let the people know what will happen after TFU is dead (and it will be dead fast).

I think there is room for a new Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight game. I just doubt it will be any time soon.

Meh, it would be amazing if they actually made another Jedi Knight game, but by how long it's been since JA first game out, and going based on what they've been bringing out in the sense of Star Wars games, I doubt we'll ever see another Star Wars game within the Jedi Knight series... which is sad.

But hey, one can still hope that they finally realize how big the Jedi Knight games are, and decide to make a new one, with a better story line then Jedi Academy, and better Graphics, without charging a monthly fee like they've been doing to games lately...

• 1 month later...

If you guys havane't noticed all JK games use a Quake engine. After Quake 4 is done, or a revolutionary new engine is developed, the game is released. Anything with spelling errors is obviously a fake.

In addition the Force Unleashed 2 may use Quake, as dismemberment similar to JK was confirmed.

In addition, and I hate to be negative, but have any of you guys noticed that hardly any Star Wars games have came out lately? Force Unleshed 2 was a shocker, but we still lack JK4, KOTOR 3, Dark Forces 3, and tons of other sequels and threequels.

• 1 month later...
But hey, one can still hope that they finally realize how big the Jedi Knight games are, and decide to make a new one, with a better story line then Jedi Academy, and better Graphics, without charging a monthly fee like they've been doing to games lately...

I can forsee a Jedi Knight 3 or even a remake of the original Dark Forces. But not any time soon. Probably some time in the future when Lucasarts runs out of ideas to make Star Wars games out of. Of course by that time everyone would have forgotten about Jedi Knight so they would be free to retcon as they like.

Also monthly fees are exclusive to massively multiplayer games or Xbox Live`s service. Not much else. The PS3`s online service is free for all it`s games, not to mention the PC is still going strong with that.

If you guys havane't noticed all JK games use a Quake engine. After Quake 4 is done, or a revolutionary new engine is developed, the game is released. Anything with spelling errors is obviously a fake.

Your logic astounds me.

Not all Jedi Knight games use a Quake Engine. To return back to the original Dark Forces, they used the Jedi engine. Which was a modified Doom engine. Dark Forces 2 used the Sith engine, which was heavily modified from the last one, the same with Mysteries of the Sith. Only Outcast and Academy are on the Quake 3 engine, and Academy isn`t seen as apart of the series. More like an expansion pack.

Not to mention where does it say that a game series can`t come out unless it`s on a specific engine? That doesn`t make ANY sense whatsoever as the Jedi Knight series has already proven that. It jumped from the Sith engine to Quake 3`s.

In addition, and I hate to be negative, but have any of you guys noticed that hardly any Star Wars games have came out lately? Force Unleshed 2 was a shocker, but we still lack JK4, KOTOR 3, Dark Forces 3, and tons of other sequels and threequels.

Your terminology here is also a little skewed. There are two Star Wars games coming out, the Force Unleashed 2 and The Old Republic. Kotor 3 was cancled, Dark Forces 3 is Jedi Outcast (as Dark Forces 2`s title also had ``Jedi Knight`` in it. Jedi Outcast is Jedi Knight 2 which proves they simply dropped Dark Forces from the title). But what does this prove? Absolutely nothing other then Lucasarts is simply just being how it always was, a corporation that makes or breaks series`s. It is not somehow ``honor bound`` to make sequels to games simply because the fans want them. Jedi Academy is NOT Jedi Knight 3, it is a spin off. It`s full title is ``Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy`` So really, we still haven`t gotten JK3 yet.

After Quake 4 is done, or a revolutionary new engine is developed, the game is released.

Quake 4 has been released years ago and Id Software is developing Id tech 5 (Rage engine/Doom 4/Quake 5) for the past 5 years!!!!!

In addition the Force Unleashed 2 may use Quake, as dismemberment similar to JK was confirmed.

They will surely use the a modified version of TFU game engine called "Ronin" (a home made game engine according to wikipedia).

Archived