Home

For all you Lost fans...

RpTheHotrod

I'm afraid to click that link... I liked it for a while then it just turned too sour for even my liking. That's saying something b/c I'm pretty lenient (or blind/deaf) on baad taste. Then again storyline has everything to do with whether or not it is great, good, meh, bad, or terrible.

people still watch Lost? >.>

Yes. Because it's freaking awesome.

The only part of the entire series that I didn't really care for was the beginning of Season 3, and that was still pretty good, it just took a shift I didn't care for. Luckily they fixed it quickly.

I'd go as far as to say that this past season have been the best one thus far.

Edit: Obligatory:

tumblr_l0u72umE0V1qbzvxh

OP's video was awesome. :D

Unfortunately yes, more out of a morbid fascination to see just how the writers are going to end it all, but the more I watch it these days, the more pissed off I get.

Same here. In truth, I've been pissed ever since they killed off Libby, a character I really liked, without providing any backstory for her, and as if to crush the elation I felt when they killed off Anna Lucia, a character I despised, a few seconds earlier. But, hell; by then I was hooked.

It'll be interesting to see how it all ends.

I don't.

But I've also been trying to force myself not to watch much TV... and sitting down watching an entire long-running series from beginning to end would seem just a bit counter to that goal.

Mythbusters and Top Gear are my only vices in that regard these days.

I also don't like series that you HAVE to watch in perfect sequential order or risk getting hopelessly... well... lost.

Seasons 1-5 are all on Hulu for free for the rest of the year.

And seconding Netflix. My brother binged the first 5 seasons on Netflix in 9 days O_o

And hands down the absolute best Lost tribute video:

(Spoilers, obviously, you need to be completely caught up to watch this.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

"They can move the Island, but not it's place from my heart." <33 Lost

Not sure i quite got the ending :/

Basically, what I got out of the whole thing was this: the light was some source of power that needs to be protected for the safety of the world. Smokey wanted to put the light out and he couldn't be killed because of the power of the light itself (same thing was allowing the island to exist and keeping Richard from aging and pretty much everything else), so the only way to kill him was to temporarily put the light out. The light is a strong source of electromagnetism so the only person who could put it out and live was Desmond. Jack was the new guardian of the light so he was the only one who could kill MIB and make it back to the light to start it up again. This meant that he had to die, so he made Hurley the next guardian. After Desmond put the light out, Jack killed smokey, put the light back, and died.

After Jack died Hurley and Ben stayed on the island to protect the light indefinitely while the others escaped to live out the rest of their lives.

The flash-sideways was some form of limbo existing at a point after which everyone had eventually died. Everyone's lives in this limbo are representative of things that they needed to "let go." For example Hurley wanted to have the power to help as many people as possible, Sayid thought he was a bad person, Locke thought his relationship with his dad was his fault, Kate wanted to be innocent, etc.

When people started "remembering," they were accepting how life really was rather than what they think their lives should have been. It was only after this point that they could "move on" to the afterlife.

That's my opinion on what happened. I also have opinions on why all of that happened and what the overall message was but that's a little more up to interpretation so I might just keep that to myself for now. :p

I might write a blog post later so any debate about it can be contained there.

snipped spoilers

That's my opinion on what happened. I also have opinions on why all of that happened and what the overall message was but that's a little more up to interpretation so I might just keep that to myself for now. :p

I might write a blog post later so any debate about it can be contained there.

Nailed it, dude. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I thought it was a great ending and probably the best possible way that they could have ended the series :).

I also liked how...

"Purgatory" was a universe in which each character was allowed to sort of his or her own issues before they properly moved on. Examples, Jack always had father issues, so he himself became a father, Kate is actually innocent, Hurley is the "luckiest guy in the world", etc etc. It made sense to me in that this was a place that they themselves made in order to sort through all of the issues that had been present in their lives and then extrapolated during their time on the island. Christian Shephard said that there is no "when". Everyone arrives in due time and they all move on together

The more I think about the ending, the more and more I realize how much I loved it and how much I'll miss this show :(

Yeah, it hit me yesterday that there will be absolutely no more lost, ever, discounting deleted scenes.

My vote is for a spin-off show starting Ben, Hurley, and (possibly?) Desmond on the island. Who's with me?! I'd like to think that 80% of it would be them playing Golf and hunting Dharma sharks.

Archived