Home

More news...

Alexrd

Definitely very WOW from the little I've played of it and what my friends have told me. However, TOR will have the advantage of fully voiced dialog for everything which is an improvement. Basically we're getting WOW but in a Star Wars setting and the developers are focusing on making the storyline and PC-NPC interactions interesting for once.

Could be worse, and I doubt it could get better.

The difference between the Juggernaut and the Marauder seems, well, minimal. Frankly, one simply is more focused on offense and the other... on defense; it sounds more like TF2, but with less exclusivity and interdependence, somewhat negating the necessity for a specialized class in combat.

They really should have based one subclass on stealth, and the other on head-on conflict, to make it more, um, interesting. :indif:

@PastramiX: Isn't that the... smuggler/infiltrators job?
Possibly, but I feel that there's a niche for a stealthy Sith a la the Sith Assassins in KotOR 2. Sith can utilize their Force powers during a raid to infiltrate and sabotage an enemy base, all while completely under the radar and without prior association, something that a smuggler wouldn't be able to completely pull off with that precision.

Possibly, but I feel that there's a niche for a stealthy Sith a la the Sith Assassins in KotOR 2. Sith can utilize their Force powers during a raid to infiltrate and sabotage an enemy base, all while completely under the radar and without prior association, something that a smuggler wouldn't be able to completely pull off with that precision.

Well, they gotta keep the classes balanced, so of course there will be some things certain classes can do that others don't.

Why can't the Sith Assassin be an Advanced Class for the Sith Inquisitor instead? Darth Vader was a Sith Warrior, and he never had the subtlety that being a Sith Assassin required.

The Imperial Agent will be the Stealthy class for the sith with their gadgets. The reason the force-user sith don't got stealth is because these sith mostly focus on straight out conflict, even that sith from the new comic after his first kill just decided to take down a group of guys with the force, These aren't like the sith for kotor2.

The Inquisitors 2 advanced classes will probably be offensive moves(lightning, choke) and the other defensive moves (drain, slow)

I know that much, but I was wondering why PastramiX thought Sith Assassin was out of the question just because Sith Warriors can't be them. Inquisitor is also a Force class, and they will be wearing lighter robes than the Warrior, which would aid stealth. More a hypothetical "why would Sith Assassin be locked to Warrior and not also Inquisitor?".

You've played it?

It's the same idea as the Warrior talent tree from WoW.

Fury Warrior and Tank Warrior. Only exception is the Sith Warrior 'Juggernaut' isn't using a shield (probably energy shields though).

So yeah. Been there, done that.

A Jedi/Sith tank would likely just be absorbing hits via deflecting with their lightsaber. Because hey, why can't everyone else use these energy shields?

Could be force energy shields as well? I doubt Bounty hunter could use that ;)

Could be force energy shields as well? I doubt Bounty hunter could use that ;)

One of the first shots in the combat video 2 weeks ago was an Agent using energy shields. And frankly, there would be no real difference between an energy shield and a "Force energy shield", which I have never heard of before now. Juggernauts have slightly bulkier armor, but I still see a Jedi as tanking mostly via deflecting away blaster shots and melee hits. You look at the Trooper in his heavy body-covering armor, then the Jedi/Sith in their flimsy robes, and you tell me which one can absorb more body hits.

One of the first shots in the combat video 2 weeks ago was an Agent using energy shields. And frankly, there would be no real difference between an energy shield and a "Force energy shield", which I have never heard of before now. Juggernauts have slightly bulkier armor, but I still see a Jedi as tanking mostly via deflecting away blaster shots and melee hits. You look at the Trooper in his heavy body-covering armor, then the Jedi/Sith in their flimsy robes, and you tell me which one can absorb more body hits.

Hmmm. This is true. Maybe I'm thinking to WoW-ish with Melee tanking. It's of course possible for heavy armor clad troopers to draw attention on them. Excellent point.

I just have a hunch that Force shields that Jedi could summon around them in Kotor 1 and 2 will return and make Jedi tanking viable.

We'll see.

I'm really just hoping BioWare could try something fairly unique and have Troopers be ranged tanks. I don't want Jedi doing everything because that would only encourage their large numbers. "Dude, roll a Jedi/Sith, they can do EVERYTHING!" Maybe make them only DPS and heals, so they're either doing the thing everyone can do(and thus not in high demand), or the thing that everyone wants(and thus helping out every group they're in).

Archived