Home

Sex with kids OK

ChAiNz.2da

NO.. I don't believe in it.. but it made you look ;)

-----------------------------------------------

I normally don't post in here (be gentle :xp: ) but this seemed a 'worthy' topic for good ole Kavars ;)

Apologies if there's already a gay marriage thread. Feel free to move this if there is (if appropriate).

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) – People in downtown Shreveport were shocked to see a man carrying this sign which read Adults with child sex is ok.

->Source<-

"Once you allow same sex marriage, it's only inevitable that the other groups are also going to fight for their rights," said Killens.

"You're going to have to allow polygamy, incest, bestiality pedophiles," said Killens.

I honestly just don't see the link between pedophilia & gay marriage :confused:

Seems like grasping at straws and correlating some completely unrelated "groups", other than polygamy/marriage.. but that's another thread :xp:

Anyone care to enlighten.. or have thoughts on the subject? Be it his manner of getting his point across.. or the subject of Gay Marriage.

I think it's going to become a matter of these other groups taking the approach that once you've legalized gay marriage, you've opened the floodgates to the others. Besides, depending on how liberally you define "child", the minimum legal age for consent varies even w/in the US. Whether or not it made sense historically in largely agrarian socieities w/a low lifespan, I agree that it doesn't make much sense to embrace it now. I think the main link between the two is their taboo nature w/in American society.

Well, with same-sex marriage, it's still between two consenting adults. Pedophilia and bestiality aren't, since children and animals can't give informed consent. Either homophobes are just grasping at straws when they use that argument, or they really don't get that bit.

I totally agree. Sex with children--and even BETWEEN children who are under the age of 15/16/17--just horrifies me. Sex is not just another "toy" or "game"--it can have incredibly serious repercussions for anyone's future, child or adult. As for gay marriage, I also fail to see how GLBT couples = bestiality, incest, polygamy, etc. I mean, WTF? I don't see it...

I think it's retarded to even slump gay marriage into the same groups as pedophilia and bestiality, being gay is not a crime and last time I checked you did not need to be registered on sex offender registry for being gay. To deny gay marriage because they think that pedophiles and necrophiliacs and whatever fantasy drama the government can conjure up will have to be allowed marriage is stupid and shows how ignorant they really are.

Well, with same-sex marriage, it's still between two consenting adults. Pedophilia and bestiality aren't, since children and animals can't give informed consent. Either homophobes are just grasping at straws when they use that argument, or they really don't get that bit.

This sums up my thoughts on the issue rather well.

Polygamy is odd for me since I've known happy couples of 3, but at the same time our marriage laws are just not structured to deal with it. Divorce, child custody, etc would just be legal nightmares. That said, its more of an American/West culture taboo and is still consenting adults. However, at the moment it isn't legally feasible without a complete overhaul of the system which probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.

We must protect the sanctity of marriage by limiting those that are allowed to marry. :rolleyes: It makes perfect sense to me. :nut:

If they really wanted to protect the sanctity of marriage they would outlaw divorce. :xp:

I’m equally confused as to how parent notification will lead to the Supreme Court overturning Roe vs. Wade or how outlawing armor piercing rounds will lead to the Government taking my hunting rifle, but such are the arguments of those that have no real bases in facts.

Paranoid schizophrenics have the right to free disturbing speech.

We would charge them causing a public nuisance (summary, just a fine but arrest if they don't leave or bin the signage), or affray (indictable, if an altercation actually ensues and there is injury/damage, means they're going to the station).

Also our "anti-terrorism" legislation as a result of the US Patriot Act and Special Rendition policies (thanks for that), means they can be charged with Sedition if actually challenging a governing policy or legislation in this manner (indictable, 7yrs prison).

If he had a journalist ticket he'd be exempt.

Wait, NAMBLA is real? I thought that was something they made up on South Park.

While the slippery slope argument is bullcrap, the dude has every right to walk around with his sign.

Better not allow handguns, next thing you know, they'll allow RPG and Miniguns.

Seems like grasping at straws and correlating some completely unrelated "groups", other than polygamy/marriage.. but that's another thread :xp:

Anyone care to enlighten.. or have thoughts on the subject? Be it his manner of getting his point across.. or the subject of Gay Marriage.

I heard this argument a lot in conservative India when homosexuality was legalised last year or so. It's easy:

Homosexuality is a perversion, just like paedophilia, bestiality, sodomy and all other sexual practices where the penis does not go into the adult vagina. It is not natural and will happen if you are in bad company or abused as a child.

And now if they're being all uppity and allowing those perverted freaks to love people their own gender instead of rehabilitating them like civilised people; well, you'd might as well legalise the paedophiles and bestiality freaks too, huh?

Personally I think that what consenting adults do between themselves is entirely their own affair.

Essentially the comparison of homosexuality to paedophilia is many of my Christian brothers and sisters wanted to greatly simplify matters of great complexity. I also think its almost an attempt at emotional blackmail on others, it also disturbs me how there is a want to classify people by their sexuality, when in actual fact our sexuality in reality on makes up a small part of who we are. I would also further say that I think that one of my best friends (who happens to be gay and in a stable relationship, I think he and his partner would make better parents than a lot of individuals who are parents).

Essentially it comes down I think to forcing others to adhere to your morality; the rather curious thing here is that Jesus (the guy Christians are meant to follow) never forced people to obey him. Indeed you will find no example in the Bible of either Jews or Christians forcing others to adhere to their morality.

Homosexuality is a perversion, just like paedophilia, bestiality, sodomy and all other sexual practices where the penis does not go into the adult vagina. It is not natural and will happen if you are in bad company or abused as a child.

And now if they're being all uppity and allowing those perverted freaks to love people their own gender instead of rehabilitating them like civilised people; well, you'd might as well legalise the paedophiles and bestiality freaks too, huh?

They not read the Karma Sutra I take it?

j7's 2 cents....

Well then I'm against two red heads getting married. Can we take away that segment of the populations rights too?

I hate this type of argument. If you keep using it, pretty much you can justify anything. (Yes, I realize you were being sarcastic. But...hair color and sexual orientation are completely different levels of issues and making flippant comments doesn't help the discussion, imo.)

I feel everyone has their own line to draw on this issue. If I wasn't a Christian, I'd be perfectly fine with it. But, because the Bible says it's a sin, I don't condone it.

Wait, NAMBLA is real? I thought that was something they made up on South Park.

While the slippery slope argument is bullcrap, the dude has every right to walk around with his sign.

Better not allow handguns, next thing you know, they'll allow RPG and Miniguns.

Yes.

(official logo)

200px-NAMBLA_logo.svg.png

It is now defunct according to wikipedia.

From Wikipedia:

More recently, media reports have suggested that for practical purposes the group no longer exists and that it consists only of a web site maintained by a few enthusiasts. NAMBLA maintains a web site that shows addresses in New York and San Francisco and a phone contact in New York, and offers publications for sale, including the NAMBLA Bulletin.

Classic. "Enthusiasts" is probably not the best word usage...but definitely funny!

Perverts.

Oh psh, the sanctity of all sorts of **** is violated all of the time. I am against gay marriage, but don't let me stop you if you are GLBT.

In a strange way though, this guy is sort of right. It's a long shot, but once gay marriage is legalized, who knows what could be next? The times they are a'changin, so you never know: children and adults could someday fornicate (legally).

I'm not saying I agree with this completely, but I understand where he's coming from... even if his rationale is hackneyed.

Besides, he does have to freedom of speech, along with the freedom to make a complete ass out of himself. Everyone else, meanwhile, has the rights to listen, criticize, or ignore his stupid blabbering.

I'm not saying I agree with the guy, but I think it is fairly easy to "see the connection" he's attempting to make, contrary to what many have said on this thread. If one sees homosexuality as a perversion, then it is comparable to beastiality and pedophilia.

However, even if one doesn't see it as a perversion, it would still be comparable to polygamy, IMO. Adults who are capable of making decisions about marriage are not being taken advantage of if they so choose to participate in polygamy (unlike pedophilia and beastiality). Why aren't polygamists screaming for equal rights like homosexuals are? Perhaps they are, but it's still too taboo in US society for people to really listen.

I feel everyone has their own line to draw on this issue. If I wasn't a Christian, I'd be perfectly fine with it. But, because the Bible says it's a sin, I don't condone it.
But if they are not Christians why do they have to go along with a Christian view? I thought this nation was founded on the notion of not having others religious views forced down our throats. Even if they are Christians maybe they interrupted the Bible differently and don’t see it in the same matter as others. Should they be allowed the same rights as every other American?

So while you may Attempt to belittle my sarcastic argument you have done nothing to dismiss that argument. Some people do not like homosexuals (like I joked I do not like redheads) because they see it as unnatural or perverse. So they use this lack of understand and discrimination to limit the rights of another human being. I have no problem with people finding it distasteful or even perverse; my only problem with the issue is people being discriminated against because of others dislikes. To each his or her own is my feeling on the matter.

In a strange way though, this guy is sort of right. It's a long shot, but once gay marriage is legalized, who knows what could be next? The times they are a'changin, so you never know: children and adults could someday fornicate (legally).

Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Everything is about control it seems.

As to the link between same sex marriage and polygamy and polyamory, I can see that. It's all consenting adults.

I can understand WHERE they get the idea that same sex marriage equals sex with kids. I disagree with it, but in THEIR eyes, it's all a perversion. Not to mention, organizations such as NAMBLA tend to have a stronger following in locations that have a higher acceptance of homosexuality. HOWEVER, pedophilia is not limited to NAMBLA. There are just as many heterosexual persons who commit pedophilia.

My personal feelings on Marriage are that it SHOULD be only between a man and a woman, IF the church deems it so. All marriages should only be the religious concept. We should have ONLY civil unions accepted by the government. Civil unions should guarantee the same rights as Marriage currently grants.

All marriages should only be the religious concept. We should have ONLY civil unions accepted by the government. Civil unions should guarantee the same rights as Marriage currently grants.

I could agree with that in so far as everyone had to go through the civil unions and that the government did not tell a religious institution that it could not perform homosexual marriages. What I mean is if “Our Holy Father gets to pass final judgment and not man” church wants to have wedding ceremonies for Homosexuals then the government (and other churches) should keep their big noses out of that religious institutions business.

FWIW: I also agree that marriage should be only between a man and a woman. My religious beliefs tell me this, but my religious beliefs have NOTHING to do with to do with others. They form the standard I strive to reach, not the standard to which to hold others.

Archived