Home

To Clone or Not a Clone, that is the Question?

Is the SK in TFU2 a Clone?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is the SK in TFU2 a Clone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Hey, I agree with you on that possibility. Look at how Vader "killed" him right after defeating Shaak Ti. He impaled him with his lightsaber. That alone was enough to kill Qui-Gon Jinn. Then he threw him around the room and eventually into outer space. I don't know about you, but you shouldn't be able to bring someone back to life from that. But Vader had it done.

So it isn't a stretch that Vader messed with his mind to make him think he was a clone even though he still subconsciously remembers Juno.

This, I can live with. Sounds plausible. :)

It doesn't sound that 'forced' as the other options.

A visit to the clone facility's on Kamino, however, is a bit...overdone imo.

Cloning itself ain't bad. But to put so much attention on it...bah.

The way Dark Empire dealt with cloning is much more...subtle. As a plot device, not a plot itself.

This, I can live with. Sounds plausible. :)

It doesn't sound that 'forced' as the other options.

A visit to the clone facility's on Kamino, however, is a bit...overdone imo.

Cloning itself ain't bad. But to put so much attention on it...bah.

It is possible that there were cloning attempts done or on the way on Kamino which could be the reason why Starkiller was there in the first place even though the original Starkiller is brainwashed into thinking he's a clone for Vader's (and probably Sidious') agenda.

The idea of the plot twist that he's actually the original Starkiller could make a pretty good story if done right. We'll have to see.

It is possible that there were cloning attempts done or on the way on Kamino which could be the reason why Starkiller was there in the first place even though the original Starkiller is brainwashed into thinking he's a clone for Vader's (and probably Sidious') agenda.

The idea of the plot twist that he's actually the original Starkiller could make a pretty good story if done right. We'll have to see.

Well I guess that is still possible but LA put some pictures up of Starkiller in a cloning tank. I sure do hope your right, though... That isn't a 'great' story line by any means, but it's at least better than the one we think we're going to end up with.

Well I guess that is still possible but LA put some pictures up of Starkiller in a cloning tank. I sure do hope your right, though... That isn't a 'great' story line by any means, but it's at least better than the one we think we're going to end up with.

Yeah, I just saw that today on the official site. It's looking less and less likely there would be twist that it's really Starkiller unless that cloning tank is a Bacta tank we're not aware of. ;)

This might not be anything but I still want to point it out. On the new website with Marek in the clone tank, there are 3 mini-games which when all are completed reveal flash backs from the first game. According to the data recording found on the same page these are to be mind scans to determine Marek's movements.

At the end of the third flash back it shows Vader standing over Marek's body saying "He is dead."

My question is if Marek was dead how could he have flash backs of Vader confirming his death? Does this give evidence that Marek did not die?

Plus on the official site in the game info it states that Vader is attempting to clone his former apprentice to create the Ultimate Sith Warrior. Since Starkiller is referred to here as Vader's former apprentice, this may be evidence that he did die.

I guess it just adds more confusion...unless that's what LucasArts wants.

there are 3 mini-games which when all are completed reveal flash backs from the first game. According to the data recording found on the same page these are to be mind scans to determine Marek's movements.

Holy cow, you're right. What's funny is I saw the clone tank thing and I seriously didn't think anything of it. But when looking around it since you brought it up, I played the games and played each movie from there.

At the end of the third flash back it shows Vader standing over Marek's body saying "He is dead."

My question is if Marek was dead how could he have flash backs of Vader confirming his death? Does this give evidence that Marek did not die?

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think they're having fun trying to confuse the audience to get more people interested in the game.

Holy cow, you're right. What's funny is I saw the clone tank thing and I seriously didn't think anything of it. But when looking around it since you brought it up, I played the games and played each movie from there.

For a minute there I thought you were being sarcastic:xp:

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think they're having fun trying to confuse the audience to get more people interested in the game.

That's what I'm thinking. I know in the novel it details on his spirit leaving his body (or so I've heard, never read the whole thing), but the game came out after the book and it does not show this happening. Could they have left out that little detail from the game so they could change their minds about Marek being dead?

I do find it interesting with the tank, you hear a Medical Droid around it, if your remember when looking at Episode 2, there were No Medical Droids seen near any cloning tanks, making me think, its actually a Bacta Tank, like Luke was seen in Episode 4 where you do see & hear a medical droid, another person bought up another good point of Starkiller,Galen Marek, in the video footage it showed of Darth Vader saying he is Dead to the Emperor, Dead, I don't think so, and starting to change my mind, that it could still be the Original Starkiller, they have yet to show any excerpts of the Novel of TFU2 or the Graphic Novel of it, starting to think, That StarKiller did exactly what Vader wanted him to do, Start the Rebellion, showing his Betrayal of His Master Palpatine, like any Sith should do. My Original answer in the Poll was I didn't know, an like anyone else who will investigate further of what lucasarts puts out for us.

I do find it interesting with the tank, you hear a Medical Droid around it, if your remember when looking at Episode 2, there were No Medical Droids seen near any cloning tanks, making me think, its actually a Bacta Tank, like Luke was seen in Episode 4 where you do see & hear a medical droid, another person bought up another good point of Starkiller,Galen Marek, in the video footage it showed of Darth Vader saying he is Dead to the Emperor, Dead, I don't think so, and starting to change my mind, that it could still be the Original Starkiller, they have yet to show any excerpts of the Novel of TFU2 or the Graphic Novel of it, starting to think, That StarKiller did exactly what Vader wanted him to do, Start the Rebellion, showing his Betrayal of His Master Palpatine, like any Sith should do. My Original answer in the Poll was I didn't know, an like anyone else who will investigate further of what lucasarts puts out for us.

Perhaps. Problem is we will more than likely not know until the game is released.

Archived