Home

Few questions about anims

Dreydahh

To start animation in game, we have to use function G_SetAnim(). But when I executing this, player is doing this one time. I need to know how to loop animation.

I have:

G_SetAnim(ent, &ent->client->pers.cmd, SETANIM_TORSO, BOTH_STAND4, SETANIM_FLAG_OVERRIDE|SETANIM_FLAG_HOLD, 0);

and I want to walk with BOTH_STAND4. How to do that?

My second question is how to make sequence of animations. For example I want to run BOTH_SONICPAIN_START, BOTH_SONICPAIN_HOLD, BOTH_SONICPAIN_END.

Sorry for my english.

To start animation in game, we have to use function G_SetAnim(). But when I executing this, player is doing this one time. I need to know how to loop animation.

Im not sure I have never played with the animation but have you tried to search in the code for the console slicing code?

g_utils.c

Line: 01586

//keep them in the healing anim even when the healing debounce is not yet expired

if (ent->client->ps.torsoAnim == BOTH_BUTTON_HOLD ||

ent->client->ps.torsoAnim == BOTH_CONSOLE1)

{ //extend the time

ent->client->ps.torsoTimer = 500;

}

else

{

G_SetAnim( ent, NULL, SETANIM_TORSO, BOTH_BUTTON_HOLD,SETANIM_FLAG_OVERRIDE|SETANIM_FLAG_HOLD, 0 );

}

I have:

G_SetAnim(ent, &ent->client->pers.cmd, SETANIM_TORSO, BOTH_STAND4, SETANIM_FLAG_OVERRIDE|SETANIM_FLAG_HOLD, 0);

and I want to walk with BOTH_STAND4. How to do that?

How I said search the walking code and try to understand it

My second question is how to make sequence of animations. For example I want to run BOTH_SONICPAIN_START, BOTH_SONICPAIN_HOLD, BOTH_SONICPAIN_END.

I'm not sure but maybe you could play them one after another?

{

anim1

extend time

anim2

extend time

anim 3

extend time

}

-Kimmy

Thanks, my anims re looped. I'm using G_SetAnim and torsoTimer=9999999 ;P.

But playing one after another doesn't work. If I set second anim's flag to OVERRIDE, it will override previous. But if flag isn't OVERRIDE, only first animation will show. (with extend time doesn't work too)

Archived