Home

Most Evil Disney Villain?

Tysyacha

Who is Disney's Most Evil Villain of All Time?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Disney's Most Evil Villain of All Time?

• The Queen from "Snow White"
    • Stepmother Lady Tremaine/Stepsisters from "Cinderella"
    • Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty"
    • Ursula from "The Little Mermaid"
    • Gaston from "Beauty and the Beast"
    • Jafar from "Aladdin"
    • Scar from "The Lion King"
    • Governor Ratcliffe from "Pocahontas"
    • Judge Claude Frollo from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
    • Hades from "Hercules"
    • Clayton from "Tarzan"
    • Facilier from "The Princess and the Frog"
    • The Demon from Fantasia's "Night on Bald Mountain"
    • Mad Madam Mim from "The Sword in the Stone"
    • Other (please list)

I'd love to hear why you nominated who you did--you can only pick ONE. :)

I picked Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty" because:

--She calls herself the "Mistress of All Evil" when she vanquishes Aurora.

--She puts a death curse on a newborn child just because she didn't get

invited to that child's christening. Talk about blowing stuff out of proportion!

--She dooms Princess Aurora AND Prince Phillip to eternal deaths--Aurora in

her "ageless sleep", and Phillip to remain in a dungeon until he's...120 (?)

--She calls "all the powers of Hell" to her defense before fighting Phillip.

--She experiences no pangs of conscience over her deeds--only fury/triumph.

--Her name is a combination of "magificent" and "malevolent". Evil, huh?

edit by Maleficent: plus I sometimes ban misbehaved lfers to the dungeon too... :xp:

So, who did you choose as the Most Evil Disney Villain of All Time, and why? :)

As much as I love Pocahontas' Governor Ratcliffe (who doesn't love a singing cartoon racist?) I chose Judge Frollo (another singing racist).

--Crazed Minister of Justice with an extreme hatred of gypsies (ignoring the fact that he's secretly looking after a deformed gypsy boy, even though he believes him to be an abomination), willing to do anything to obtain the woman of his dreams, and is prepared to destroy Paris in his quest to have her. Oh, he perfectly willing to execute her if she refuses.

Plus, I love this song -

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Tossup between Scar and Jafar for me, but I had to go with Jafar. Classic evil wizard: brilliant, selfish, powerful, and scary as hell. Even when they beat him, he just came back more powerful than before, like some psycho Jedi who became one with the force and was pissed about it. Jafar owns all

I went with other, because I have recently rewatched a certain movie.

Doctor Hans Reindhart from the movie The Black Hole. What he did to his crew in his vanity and pride is still one of the most evil things I have seen. I know. I know. The Black Hole was a live action movie and not animated, otherwise MCP from Tron would have been up as a choice. Still, he is one of the more evil Disney villians.

"We dance, we shmooz, we go home happy, whatya say?"

Oh, and Astor, the song was very catchy, some innuendo, but a good song. However, he differed in the actual story. He was the deacon in the book which made it even more blastfemous that he wanted her.

Crazed Minister of Justice with an extreme hatred of gypsies (ignoring the fact that he's secretly looking after a deformed gypsy boy, even though he believes him to be an abomination), willing to do anything to obtain the woman of his dreams, and is prepared to destroy Paris in his quest to have her. Oh, he perfectly willing to execute her if she refuses.

Obviously the film cuts down on Hugo's psychology but surely he's still more of a tragic figure than an evil one?

And the answer is so obviously Scar, if only because Jeremy Irons puts in so stonking a performance.

Other: Princesses Darths Jasmine, Belle, and Ariel (humanized version).

In the twisted mind of JosephB222 (artist given credit for following picture), the star wars universe and the Disney universe became adjacent and even grazed upon one another for just long enough for these 3 princesses to be warped from Disney universe, into the Star Wars to be discovered to be force sensitive. Subsequently each were cloned, before being sent back to Disney universe back again--approximately 20 years prior to the sacking of Coruscant.

The cloners on Camino under the instruction of Darth Malgus made 3 very fine clones of the princesses. Each were to be named with the Darth surname and given the first name of their predecessors as their last names.

Malgus had raised 3 fine young sith princesses Darths Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle over the two decades. They had a picture taken on that fateful day their surrogate father went to lead the assault on the Jedi Temple... Behold the vixens ever ready, willing and able to do battle.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Sith_Princesses_by_JosephB222.jpg

Scar...

First Disney movie I fully understood (was about...5 or 6 at the time?) and the that movie is STILL awesome. Amazing.

Hunchback of the Notre Dame was epic too though. History addict as I am...

Difficult poll, lady T!

I think I'll have to go with Claude Frollo, as well. I think his characterization was better in the original book, but I suppose there's only so much that you can get away with in a Disney movie.

One of the more obscure villians who I really liked was Ivan Krank. (from the Teacher's Pet movie) I think this was mainly due to Kelsey Grammer's singing:

Archived