6. Super Star Wars

5. Rogue Squadron

4. Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

3. Star Wars Arcade

2. Knights of the Old Republic

1. TIE Fighter

Source

Agree, disagree? What are your Top 10?

TIE Fighter is rightfully at the top. Notable omissions, however, are Shadows of the Empire and Jedi Power Battles.

Edit: Dark Forces isn't on there either. I guess it's fair to pick one from the Jedi Knight series to represent it as a whole, as they're all pretty good. Jedi Outcast seems like a good choice.

I'd rather slam my nuts in a car door than play TPM ever again.

TPM was not that bad. In fact, it's not a bad game at all. It suffers from a somewhat excessive over the head camera angle, but other than that, it's a fine game.

TPM was not that bad. In fact, it's not a bad game at all. It suffers from a somewhat excessive over the head camera angle, but other than that, it's a fine game.

It had some solid foundations, however the s***y camera broken force powers and overall crappy combat made me want to break the disk in half which is why I stopped playing it after the 4th level or something like that, I dunno it was a long time ago.

If you liked it that's fine and dandy, more power to you. However, like I said, I'd rather slam my nuts in a car door than play it again.

Seeing as I've never played TIE Fighter *ducks* I'd have to say that KotOR is the best Star Wars game.

To anyone who's never played TIE-Fighter and are wondering why it's always at the top of the list, allow me to pitch in as I played this with my brother back when it came out (it's still one of his favorite games) and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

It's basically KotOR nearly 10 years before there was KotOR. It holds up even without the "for its time" excuse. In terms of story length, depth and especially dialogue (spoken dialogue at that) it was far beyond anything else pretty much until KotOR itself. IMO it reached a level of immersion that stands up to current-generation games. I remember sitting there and listening to the radio chatter while my brother played and being absolutely amazed (yeah I was 6 but still), and to put things in perspective remember this is 3 years before Star Fox 64. You are a TIE-Fighter pilot in TIE-Fighter. And yeah it's a little pixelly but it still looks and sounds damn good, and it achieved a great sense of scale.

Whether or not its "better" than KotOR I can't say, as I never got past the first level of that game (after having most of it spoiled unfortunately). I'd say they are pretty comparable in terms of content (disregarding the quality of the graphics); and in terms of gameplay it's a matter of opinion, but I personally enjoyed TIE-Fighter more than KotOR. We're talking about 10 years difference here so if you put things in a historical context, it's obvious why TIE-Fighter has to be at the top.

Disclaimer: I'm making these claims based on very old memories so I might be a little biased. :p

Archived