Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

I'm working on a PC head mod that brings one of my favorite K1 heads into TSL... before I get a whole bunch of spammed posts about porting, no this is not porting. I was browsing through heads and I noticed that this (disregard the skin, just a reference. Though it is very cool :p) one has many similarities to this (on the bottom) one from K1. So I reshaped it and made the new skin and I think it looks decent.

Now, I'm going to include various skins for this. The default skin that you see in the pic and a chiss are what I've decided on so far. Would anyone like to see anything else? (This idea was inspired by RedRob41's awesome PC heads in RoR. Thanks man!)

Also if anyone has suggestions about how I can improve it, please tell!

Screenie:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

k1guy.png

Edit: Would a mod please change this to "Dak's W.I.P. Thread" so I don't have to keep posting new threads? Thanks.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try to work on that. For some reason the top segment of the forehead (where the hair meets the head down to that little line) has its own part on the UVmap, so it's tough to match the colors just right.

Edit: Wait, is that something like this?

Update:

Finished up two skins (might do one or two more, I dunno), both the complete transitions for the regular human and a chiss. I just have to get my .2da entry right so the chiss' skin is blue in his undies :rolleyes:

Also, to add to the K1 style, the default clothes for the heads will be K1 style robes.

Screens:

Show spoiler

k1guy2.jpg

k1guys.jpg

Yeah, I just realized that after I switched computers... My other monitor is very light. I always have that problem -_- so really for me it's just like guess and check about the brightness thing. Will check out that tut though :)

Looks good in-game, but I think the screens should look good too. I'll just play around with he brightness and contrast and what not. Thanks VP.

That's been giving me trouble too. It comes in and out of view at different angles, so I don't really know how I should approach it :wonder:

That sounds more like this problem:

Edit: Wait, is that something like this?

I always thought that it had something to do with the self illumination of the model, but I have no idea if I'm right, how to test it, or how to fix it :( sorry.

Eh well that's okay. I'll just include flattering screenshots when I release :¬:

I just need to get my .2da's straight and it'll be good to go.

Since this is now my WIP thread, I figured I'd post some screens of some other projects I finished a while back. I uploaded them to Kotor Files about a week ago and am patiently waiting for them to be added :)

Show spoiler

By request of LancerChronics:

muttonchops.jpg

Because I was bored:

dopakscreen.jpg

Enjoy!

If there are any heads anyone might like to see, please tell me because I'd love to do it! That's about all I can do anyways :xp:

Hehe come on people :eek:

The Taung may be doable but very hard; I'll probably give it a go sometime when I get better.... a lot better.

Have not played mass effect, but I googled those LDR and they would be impossible. Now, Holty, that's a sensible request. I'll do it when I have a free moment from our "other" works :thmbup1:

One time, Mr. Miller told me:

Nothing is impossible. We just don't know how to do it.
Dak, it isn't impossible. It'll just take lots of time and painstaking effort. An plus all that boring UVMapping.

Well well looks like Dak has another WIP and this one isn't a boring 'ol head.

I present: Mandalorian Wars Jedi Robes! :emodanc:

Thanks to VarsityPuppet's new findings (seriously, everybody thank VP!), we can now make neat little things with robes. As the title suggests, I am bringing in robes from the mandalorian wars era (what I think they would look like, at least). This includes 1. Jedi General Robe, 2. Jedi Knight Robe, and 3. What I am calling a Jedi Weapon Master Robe.

Since I have to replace 2 models for this mod, can I please have some suggestions (again)? Also I am planning on having several (at least 3) different skin variations for each new model. I hope you guys like what you see!

1/3 models complete (originally had 2, but one was very f'd up in-game)

Show spoiler

Jedi General Robes:

jedigen.png

The Jedi Knight robes will be the robe with the Republic soldier model (I may include my camo skins with these:thmbup1:) and the weapon master model will use a heavy armor of some sort. Hope you all like!!

WOW. Nice robes, but try to replace the Republic Officer uniform with that of a Republic Admiral.

There isn't a male Republic admiral model: the only admiral model I know of is Dodonna's and as manly as she comes off as, that body would not work well for a male.

But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, perhaps a "General" reskin would be a likely possibility.

EDIT: By the way, Dak, I can fix the UVmap and move some verts if you want me to. I have your model and the skins, so I could do it pretty quickly I think.

Archived