Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

There isn't a male Republic admiral model: the only admiral model I know of is Dodonna's and as manly as she comes off as, that body would not work well for a male.

Yeah. When I made my Admiral Carth model, I used a Sith officer model, moved some verts around, and re-skinned it using Dodonna's texture (cut and paste). I may have had to move some uvw nodes around as well.

Perhaps you could do something similar?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do like the idea of the Admiral thing, I don't think there were many jedi admirals running around on the battlefield, ya know? Maybe (most likely :)) another project for another time. Anyhow, a little update. I finished my 2nd model, what I will probably call my jedi knight battle robe or something (if someone has a better idea feel free to pitch in). It's the Republic armor with a robe as you will see in the screens. I have two skins done with this one, in the first I enhanced the original Republic armor with better colors and also added the Jedi Council logo onto the chest. The second one I just had to do - it just SCREAMS "battle of Dxun" to me. I used one of my camo skins from my other mod and also put the logo on the chest. Enjoy!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

reprobe.png

reprobe2.png

Edit: VP, just saw your edit. Thanks, but I think I'd rather re-do the UVmap myself just for extra practice. Thank you though.

Yes, I will include TSF skins of the Republic robes. Now Onderon soldiers I did not think of, which is a great idea. However it doesn't fit into what I'm working on now. I may add that to something another time or have a separate release if I get tired of these ones.

I like the added robes. Maybe make a dark version, like secret police or deathdealers from Underworld.

I thought of this too, and I will probably have two versions eventually. One dark and one light.

I like the camo robe but i think it looks to soldiery if you know what i mean

They're supposed to be very soldiery :)

While I do like the idea of the Admiral thing, I don't think there were many jedi admirals running around on the battlefield, ya know? Maybe (most likely :) ) another project for another time.

Dak, for the Republic Admiral, I ment to say to use the Sith Admiral uniform and reskin it to look more like a Republic Admiral. Or you could use the Republic Admiral skin worn by Admiral Cole in Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge (just ask Silveredge). That is, if you want to change the thing.

Show spoiler

reprobe.png

reprobe2.png

I like 'em. For the first robe, could you skin the robe part to be red? To fit in with the red armor? And for the second one, can you skin the robe part to be camouflage?

I like 'em. For the first robe, could you skin the robe part to be red? To fit in with the red armor? And for the second one, can you skin the robe part to be camouflage?

Well for the red question, I actually had a red robe on the original model I made and it didn't look very good. Too much red...

Also, if the robe is camo, it looks kind of silly TBH. What I was really going for anyway was kind of like the Jedi that wear the Republic uniforms wear their own robes overtop. If you know what I mean.

All done making .uti's and getting stuff replaced. I managed to replace two unused things so no worries about getting something you like replaced. Now I just need to make icons, implement them in-game (I was thinking of adding them to the Dxun Cache, the one you can open up with the lever) and finish one last skin. Does anyone have an idea for a color scheme for the Jedi General robe? I had an idea but can't get it to look right.

Yep. And adding them to the Dxun cache isn't a good idea. They were made by Mandalorian Architects and held Mandalorian stuff. But, it would be a good idea to have the items near the crashed Republic Ship in the first Dxun module.

Yep. And adding them to the Dxun cache isn't a good idea. They were made my Mandalorian Architects and held Mandalorian stuff.

I May be Mistaken (Been Awhile Since I Played TSL) But I Believe there is some Reference to them saying that the put there Valuble Items in there During the Mandalorian Wars to keep the Republic from Getting them. Ofcourse if They Thought the Republic Jedi Armor Thingy's :p were Valuble they would put them there

*Deep Breathe*

But, it would be a good idea to have the items near the crashed Republic Ship in the first Dxun module.

True enough.

Btw, don't we pick up a green saber crystal from a corpse on Dxun? Would it be possible to add one of the robes there?

That way you have to actually fight a little to get it.

But, it would be a good idea to have the items near the crashed Republic Ship in the first Dxun module.

Ah, good idea. I think there's a corpse around there somewhere I can put the stuff on. My other backup idea would have been the Onderon Museum, but I like that idea better, LDR.

Here's the one I'm having troubles with. I like the colors I have going on, but I just don't feel like it looks right. I think it's decent though.

Show spoiler

jedtest.png

And here are the others I finished. I re-did the General robe because the UVmapping was messed up.

Show spoiler

jedgen.png

jedgen2.png

reprobe3.png

Edit: Good idea Darth Payne. I guess I'll spread them out over Dxun or something. Just need to figure out how :¬:

As for the problematic one, the black pouch looks slightly out of place.

You'd be right.

Just noticed that i can actually see that the square with the medal/ribon looks slightly different to the rest of the robes.

Its kinda obvious once you notice it.

Do you mean the little patch where the medals and stuff are? Yeah it looks kinda strange by default because it has it's own part of the UVmap. I'll try my best to fix it but I dunno how close I can come to making it look "right".

These look great Dak. My only suggestion would be to change the color of the robe to match the colored stripe down the middle of the armor. It might bring them together a little more.

Top notch work mate. :D

Thank you! I've actually tried that with the red and it looked a bit strange, but I think it would look good with the blues/whites of the other two. I'll try it and if it looks good add them as additional items instead of overwriting what I have because I like the brown ;)

Good idea Darth Payne. I guess I'll spread them out over Dxun or something. Just need to figure out how

If you do, rename the corpses to be like, 'Republic Soldier Corpse' , or 'Jedi Knight Corpse' or something. Also, Because there are Jedi General robes, and since the exile was a Jedi General, can't you put the Jedi General robes into her footlocker on the Harbinger? I mean, she had to come on the Harbinger with robes or something. :xp:

Archived