Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. The Duros is well made indeed, nicely done Dak ;)

A question though: since you can make armored robes, have you thought making an armored robe of Ulic Qel-Droma, or perhaps Exar Kun's? In Every picture I've seen they always have a cool set of armor, it would be fun to make it wearable in-game.

Do you think it's possible?

Looks great, does it have DS skins?

Unfortunately no. Mostly because I wouldn't really know what to do :¬:

Looks brilliant! Keep up the great work; I'll definitely be downloading once it's finished.

Thanks!

Wow. The Duros is well made indeed, nicely done Dak ;)

A question though: since you can make armored robes, have you thought making an armored robe of Ulic Qel-Droma, or perhaps Exar Kun's? In Every picture I've seen they always have a cool set of armor, it would be fun to make it wearable in-game.

Do you think it's possible?

When I get a moment I'd be more than happy to give it a go if you like... do you have a reference picture?

Very Nice Dak :D I'll Give the Duros a Go when Its Out.

Plus it will Work Great with this Mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Alien_Species_DLG_Correction;114057

:p Cant wait to Use them Together

Indeed it will :D. Along with this and this too.

When I get a moment I'd be more than happy to give it a go if you like... do you have a reference picture?

Well I've been checking for some pictures. I've managed to found some.

I'm no modder, but from what I've seen around here in the forums, I don't think if this is possible or not... anyway here it goes

Exar Kun:

http://www.swgtcgdb.com/images/db/gh/raid/ExarKun.jpg (btw I have no idea of what that card is xD)

http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/exar_kun.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Exarkunsithholocron.JPG

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:ExarKunspirit_egtf.jpg

Ulic Qel-Droma:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ulic_qel_droma.jpg

Actually, have you checked out Darth Darkus' mod?

He has some that are pretty dang close and those are probably way better than I could ever do :p

What I would probably do for Kun's robe is put Revan's cape (for the shoulders, mostly) on Bandon's armor or something, but I haven't been able to get Revan's cape model to work correctly for some reason. So as of now it's a kind of/maybe situation :¬:

I'm currently making some items for Dr. Hal's merchant WIP which I am really looking forward to, and then back to cracking the whole alien thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been a little while :p

I haven't had much time for modding lately, but I've recently decided to revamp my "Republic Armored Robes" mod into an "Armored Robes" mod. This means that on top of the Republic robes, there will also be Sith robes. Lots of people have been asking for Sith Variations, so I'm going to give it a shot. I will also include female versions of each so that it will feel more complete.

Here's the first Sith armor, Sith Holocron recommended the combination of these two models in particular and I think they look great.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
ubesem.jpg

Sorry if it's a little dark, I forgot to brighten it up a bit.

My only suggestion would be to edit the model (or maybe the skin somehow?) to make the calves seem smaller. Right now, they look disproportionately bulky.

They do look bulky and it kind of annoys me, but I want to keep it that way because there is no female model for the Ubese Assassin armor. That means I have to make one and I want people to be able to see the difference between the two, you know?

Here's what I came up with for the female. It has its problems (specifically the head) but from what I hear from people regarding female stuff I would think that it's better than nothing...

Show spoiler
ubesef.jpg

And the male had a couple problems I fixed, not that I know if you can tell the difference but why not:

Show spoiler
ubesem1.jpg

And a strange request:

If anyone is interested in doing a couple skins for the Sith robes, just reply here or pm/vm me. I'm kind of stumped :confused:

Thanks!

And a strange request:

If anyone is interested in doing a couple skins for the Sith robes, just reply here or pm/vm me. I'm kind of stumped :confused:

Thanks!

I'm sure I can come up with something ;) May well adopt the TOR armour to this model if you want?

I'm sure I can come up with something ;) May well adopt the TOR armour to this model if you want?

Well these are supposed to be sithy, so something, well, sithy. Hehe. Want me to send you the files?

I'm hoping to adopt the TOR skin to the female republic robe though, like I mentioned before :D

Well these are supposed to be sithy, so something, well, sithy. Hehe. Want me to send you the files?

Aye send them over, I have a few things in mind...

Show spoiler
sith-warrior.jpg

I'm hoping to adopt the TOR skin to the female republic robe though, like I mentioned before :D

My suggestion remains the same, to re-use the skin for both :xp: Once you have the female model done, and if there is substatial different in the texture varients I can look at swapping them between the two...

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, it's been a little while since I've done any work of my own! Getting back into skinning now, going to do a v2 of my skin pack and I've also been trying to finish my armored robes mod, which will eventually add female models and 2 new sith models as well. But that's in the future; skin pack is first, so I'll stop talking and move onto pics of what I have :)

Show spoiler

HK-47

hk47.jpg

Show spoiler

Atton

atton.jpg

Show spoiler

Bao-Dur

baodur.jpg

Show spoiler

Mandalore

mandalore.jpg

Show spoiler

Mandalorians

junglemandos.jpg

(The pic is dark so I'll try for a better one)

Show spoiler

Khoonda Militia

khoonda.jpg

(Again sorry for darkness)

My goal this time around is to make everything look a bit more real and make stuff more fun to look at -- I would like some feedback and also if anyone wants to see something in particular re-skinned to speak up. I plan on making this a big pack!

HK looks great! Not sure about the red eyes, seeing as the original eye color(s) are kind of integral to the story, but the skin itself is fantastic! I also love the militia and the subtle Mandalore enhancements. Atton's facial hair still looks pretty rough. Maybe try making it a touch more salt-and-pepper?

HK looks great! Not sure about the red eyes, seeing as the original eye color(s) are kind of integral to the story, but the skin itself is fantastic! I also love the militia and the subtle Mandalore enhancements. Atton's facial hair still looks pretty rough. Maybe try making it a touch more salt-and-pepper?

Thanks, HK took me forever to get something that looked good -- I decided just to try to enhance his regular look instead of giving him a new one (which set the tone for the rest of the pack) or beat him up like has been done so many times. What should I do with the eyes, make them more on the orange side?

About Atton's facial hair, I'm not really sure what you mean... how do you think I should improve it? Thanks for the feedback though!

Well, my thought was that the HKs' eye color is rather distinctive and has a small place in the story, seeing as it changes from orange to blue from HK-50 to HK-51. So, yeah, I guess I'm saying more on the orange side, haha.

I realized some of what I was seeing in the Atton shot was just the aliasing on the render. I think maybe touches of gray could help texturize the beard. In general it just seem flat, which is the problem I find with most facial hair add-ons. Maybe try adding a subtle ripple effect or some sort of bump map distortion over fractal noise? Just something to add more random texture to it.

About Atton's facial hair, I'm not really sure what you mean... how do you think I should improve it? Thanks for the feedback though!

In the screenshot you have, his facial hair looks kinda blurry and smudged. It's sort of like he just smeared shoe polish on his face to "fake" a beard :lol:. Maybe you could post a better resolution close up? That way, we could see the detail.

For tips, check out this post by Inyri :D

Archived